22 coaches online • Server time: 02:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2011 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, we are expecting the chaos warriors to kill the rest of your freaking elves Very Happy
KenThis

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2011 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

chaos killing woodelves makes nuffle tingly in his special place.

i want kryten's elves dead, i want the elves families dead, i want the forest burned to the ground.

give nuffle what he wants.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2011 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ey, is someone is being a tad bitter after the joys of sweaty elf on elf action? Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 03, 2011 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Final set for sunday at 19:00 bbtime.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2011 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Warpstone Final set for sunday at 19:00 bbtime.

Bah! Right in the middle of Mother's Day.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 03, 2011 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Mothers everywhere are welcome to come spec as well Smile

Post   Posted: May 03, 2011 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mother's day was last sunday afaik... at least in Spain Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 06, 2011 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the WO **

Well FUMBBL fans the finals are all set to go and it will be a great match. In all my years of covering majors I cannot remeber a final match that will be this even in terms of TV/TR and how skilled both teams are. They both come in at 2550 and 2580 so no inducements and that is a really high TV. This should be a awesome match. It is also interesting because it is a classic baller VS basher match up. Which style will prevail?

ImageWild Wicked Witches
VS
ImageChaos Waste Crushers

The witches have blodged their way into the finals and they are a stout Dark Elf team. They are solid from top to bottom and should be able to deftly move the "rock" down field with out any problems. Their superior AG and dodging skills will allow them to control the tempo and flow when on offense. They have some perm damage that the crushers might be able to take advantage of so they need to be leery of that. They will also be hard pressed in the blocking matchups due to all the enhanced strength of the chaos team...Focused and directed blitzes and fouls is probally how they need to attack these thugs with.

The Crushers bring the thunder so to speak with all that +st and man do they have some punishing players on their squad. They also have 3 tackles to help handle the blodge. Obviously the crushers need to come out of the gates fast and start working on getting some elves off the pitch. Shortmanning the Darkies is top priority. The longer the match stays at 11 players on 11 players the less chances the Crushers have of winning this thing. On defense they will be very hard pressed, just dont let the witches stall out halves and get back on offense as fast as possible. On offense the allways dicey picking up the dang ball will be an adventure. But once they get the ball the slow grind and cage with some blitzing tacklers will probally be the plan of attack.

This should turn into a really fun match. There are way to many variables in this match that will determine the winner. As allways it will probally come down to about 5 key moments of the match that will tilt the balance. The biggest of all the variables is can the Crushers tacklers deal some CAS early and often. If the tacklers are "off" then it is going to turn into a up hill climb for the Crushers.

I think in the end the Crushers just have to much +ST and 3 tacklers should be enough to win the day. Even if the tacklers are just average the Witches will be hard pressed to get a defensive TO.

Crushers win this match 2-1 in a close match. IN the closing turns the witches throw the kitchen sink at the crushers to get a TO but just cannot get the ball back for the winning score.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2011 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, to have disappointed you PainState Wink

After making the dice rolls concerning the Mutations, PC suggested to put this info in here.
First the 3 mutations, which were rolled.. drums...
Claw
Tentacles
and:
extra Arms

Now for the Players:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=369289

[22:23] <@PurpleChest> Tribax Venomdagger gets claw
[22:24] <@PurpleChest> Timas Soulstealer gets tentacles
[22:25] <@PurpleChest> Itylar Shadowraven gets extra arms

Not quite sure, what to make out of that, but will surely be fun to use those mutations.

I have to say, i would NEVER have thought to have even the slightest chance, regarding the lack of matchwinner skills like strip ball, leap, dauntless and guard.
I started the tourney having one guarder but he died soon Wink
I still dont know exactly what and how it happened, but there was surely a lot of luck involved. Wink Thx nuffle. We had our difficult times, but i have to thank you greatly, i guess Smile

Thanks everyone, who specced the games and had patience with me. Yeah i know i am slow coach :-/ ,
And finally thanks to the tournament staff, who organize all the fun.
Keep up the good work!

cu on the Pitch!
Brainsaw
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats man! Well done!

SL
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations, brainsaw!

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Brainsaw!
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Brainsaw. The one-turn-witch justified being carried for so long!
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The Claw will certainly make itself useful. The other two will be more situational and more for the lulz than actually being worth the cost. ST3 tents will be amusing on the occasions they work, and can help against gutters and wood elf catchers I guess. The extra arms can help in rainy weather and TZs, but it's not that necessary for elves.

Cool that the mutations went to a pair of blitzers and a 4-skill lino, all healthy. Much better than on rookies or cripples.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
PainState

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the WO **

Well the Witches elf ball their way to the title...it was a classic display of Dark Elf firepower that left the crushers scratching their heads.

Well lets live it up for the next few days and then the UI kicks off and the WO is left in the dust.