45 coaches online • Server time: 21:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dode74

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
dode74 wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
the current trending of retirement causes is much more indicative of not liking the ruleset...so yeah i think it's anything but nonsense...

just because *YOU* like the ruleset, doesn't mean everyone else does...
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NS-Polls&file=index&req=results&pollID=87&mode=nested

That poll was taken before most people had actually tried it.
It may have been put up before most had tried it, but you can still vote now. Why would people vote for LRB5/6 to be their favourite if they'd not tried it?

As for Cyanide traffic, based on the server dumps I get for FOL, and assuming that every game has an independent and sequential GameID in the database, Cyanide gets ~1600 games per day, of which 160 are in FOL. 20% of the FOL games are incomplete through disco/concession (I'd expect that to be higher for other public leagues and lower for scheduled ones), and I'm yet to receive info on pre-match discos (but it is coming now I have asked for it).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I'd say a lot of people voted for it, without playing that much of it. Purely wishing for a change from 4 or to be up to date.

I voted 2nd ed, but if you only gave me the choice between 5 and 4 then, I'd have gone 5. If you gave me the choice now, I'd go 4. I know a lot of people the same, a lot aren't here anymore.

Maybe we should have made more effort to keep the lrb 4 community alive. Only now is such a move happening, far too late to have a large player base. Shame in one way, but a site like this must strive to stay up to date.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss zombie.

What was this thread about again?
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Nobody is saying RSC/Claw wasn't broken if I understand correctly.

**Just could not resist**

Well coaches who had to face these guys were bitching and moaning endlessly.

CL/RSC Masters

That is a match report when the Terror was at their zenith of gore. 4 CL/RSC guy players! when they entered majors teams actually considered withdrawing from the major if they faced them.

You have to click on the Terror's players to see the glory.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

They weren't so bad plus it was uber rare to see more than one player with that combo in a team. You have just found two extreme examples in the thousands, probably hundreds of thousands of games that were played in that rule set. It doesn't mean much, just the same as the fact that my Flings stood toe to toe with a killer like that and got a draw is also meaningless.

p.s. their player number 1 used to have the C RSC combo before it got taken off him for claw claw lol, and one of there other players just had claw.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Some interesting points of view about the Box.

Because in LRB6 what has really changed is the Box. Ranked, it's still Ranked. Choice criteria are different, but there are not new problems, just the same old cherry story, avoidable but annoying.

Blackbox adopted the TV matchmaking system, with LB6 TV. It works fine if your goal is just to get matches, but has many ways to be exploited with killer teams, which is the main point about it: not being able to enjoy team building and developing due to the many clawmbpo minmaxed (or not) teams you'll probably face from 1200 TV and for the rest of your team life. This is annoying, and boring.

But please, don't start to think about LRB4 revival. LRB4 would kill FUMBBL: new players will go for the "official" ruleset, so to Cyanide, and only some of the old players will enjoy the revival.

Better go on wondering how to fix matchmaking Smile
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
They weren't so bad plus it was uber rare to see more than one player with that combo in a team. You have just found two extreme examples in the thousands, probably hundreds of thousands of games that were played in that rule set. It doesn't mean much, just the same as the fact that my Flings stood toe to toe with a killer like that and got a draw is also meaningless.

p.s. their player number 1 used to have the C RSC combo before it got taken off him for claw claw lol, and one of there other players just had claw.

I think you misunderstood my comments. I was not making a big picture argument that CL/RSC had the same level of "Moaning" that CLPOMB does. I was saying that specifiaclly related to this one team the level of complaining eclipsed the CLPOMB. There were some nice consipiracty theory on how a team could "luck" out to such a level as to get 4 of them. I think at one point some coaches implied that they were only using the word Danish to hide the fact that they were German. Shocked And all the coaches who have been around here a whille know if you are a German with a Uber team that allways sets the alarm bells off. Very Happy

Last edited by PainState on %b %18, %2012 - %17:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You missunderstand tara. There is an LRB4 revival going on, but it is in a League division only. No one is saying we should play LRB4 in the main divisions.

At least i dont think they are. Confused

@ painstate. hehe, yeah i was here when the German thing kicked off.

But generally yeah, everyone should just stop complaining, I've certainly been guilty of it too, and i never complained once during lrb4. But there really is no point, and i have stopped. I pretty much only play in league now as a result of this rule set, and there are options there for everyone to drain every last drop of enjoyment out of this game, try playing the proposed lrb7 rules, playing lrb4, playing ranked, etc...

Last edited by Garion on %b %18, %2012 - %17:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
There were some nice consipiracty theory on how a team could "luck" out to such a level as to get 4 of them.

No.... it was the fact that team was being fed by other Danish coaches. You would see matches where a coach with 3 DPs and a fouling average > 3 per game was magically not fouling.

__Synn
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
PainState wrote:
There were some nice consipiracty theory on how a team could "luck" out to such a level as to get 4 of them.

No.... it was the fact that team was being fed by other Danish coaches. You would see matches where a coach with 3 DPs and a fouling average > 3 per game was magically not fouling.

__Synn

Maybe, But I dont think we ever hashed out the German connection. I think it was deeper than the match reports would lead us to believe.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

I knew what it was about originally. I have no idea what it's about now...

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
Garion wrote:

Which is a good sign that maybe by the end of the weekend this will fade away and we get a new topic to discuss starting on Monday.

Was I clear that I feel the German conection conspiracy theory was never really looked into. In fact I sometimes suspect other individuals in high places of power on FUMMBL were shielding the Danes from a true anal probe investigation?

Last edited by PainState on %b %18, %2012 - %17:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
Garion wrote:

Apparently its about Germans now? Question
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
PainState wrote:

__Synn

would you ever foul a player named like yourself?
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
Synn wrote:
PainState wrote:

__Synn

would you ever foul a player named like yourself?

Always his first target I think Synn is the head of the Synn hate community

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
 Jump to: