34 coaches online • Server time: 02:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lenny

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm......seems we innocents were all very wrong. Who's running the next game. I have a scenario in mind, it's styled more like Vampire than Paranoia or this game.

Also, thanks to Jan for a great scenario.
Sleep

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

This is not fair, fama goes to a horse riding-high school!

With skill and luck you get snake eyes!
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

An incredible play from the scientists, especially quota...

Special thanks to Jan for great hosting even though you had trouble finding the time to do it, you actually kept good control of the game.

I loved the death scenes, I understand that it must have taken long to write them. They were worth the trouble!

Still, this game and Paranoia have both been rather difficult because of their rules. I mean the innocents have had to do a lot of detective work to even stand a chance. That's why I would like the next game to be one with more "tradional" positionals. I don't feel like joining another "full sherlock" game.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
Sickroy

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch...game over! Did I really survive (mucho close though...)??? That was a great game!

But...I really have to apologise to you guys, because I wasn't able to even log on to fumbbl in the last 2 days. I'm a consultant and me and my workmate are in a pretty critical phase of a project right now. 2 days ago my workmate called in sick and I had to work about 48 hours straight, not to let down our client here.

Anyways...I really enjoyed the game and am impressed by the camouflage those 3 scientists put on there. Kudos to you!

And thank you Jan for this great effort! Very well done.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I defended you, Sickroy...

it was about the only right thing I did...
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone considering to be a GM? It would be nice to hear from any new games approaching...
I've shortly thought about being one, but at the moment I don't have any ideas for a game (or it's rules). Also, I don't have very much time either, though I doubt it would be my biggest problem, seeing how well Jan pulled this off with so little time to spend.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha ha!

Really enjoyed that one. Jan's fluff was great, everyone had a bit of a role-play - all 5 scientists played it great (Zuul and Freak against each other, Plorg just let us get on with it, Fama was Fama, and quota with the detective stuff), and we floundered around!

Thanks to everyone for the great experience!

I believe I am ready to run Underworld : Evolution, the fluff and rules are writen and ready to go - however with Christmas coming up, I would be unable to start it until January, as my net access over the holiday season will be intermittent. I would like to shotgun the next but one GM slot, if I may!Razz

I feel in the future "Return to the cube" is definitely on!.
Shrap

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been watching you guys since Vampires 6. I think I'd like to try a game this time around if I could. Been fun watching you guys kill one another!
quota

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Shrap wrote:
I've been watching you guys since Vampires 6. I think I'd like to try a game this time around if I could. Been fun watching you guys kill one another!

Hey Shrap, you just gotta post when the next signup thread appears. Newcomers are always welcome. Just be quick, there's generally a lot of people wanting in on these games.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Jan for running this game... you were superb!!! A Special thanks to him for letting me know the roles when I went out on day 1. Watching from the GM's perspective was actually amazing fun!

Got to say a special congrats to Quota for playing the detective role so well! It was hilarious watching the "village" get sucked in so quickly!

I especially liked the way you gave up freak and both you and freak had such a big arguement pointing fingers at each other.

@Freak - I would be especially interested to know if your adament finger pointing was just bitterness at quota landing you in it or whether you realised the effect it would have on the village after your death (i.e. it seemed to practically clear Quota of being a scientist). From watching I kind of hoped you didn't realise and were just upset that he'd given you up to the cube, just because it was so funny to watch and imagine you sitting there shouting at quota for sending you down the river! Very Happy

Anyway I'll say no more until Jan has had a chance to add any comments about events that happened as after all he was the GM and I don't want to steal his thunder. But I'll probably add some further comments after his as this game was brilliant for a spectator in the know!

Thanks to everyone for making this soooo entertaining!
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nicely done scientismos, I worked out Plorg and Quota but was convinced the last one was Schwip not Fama, unfortunately I was incredibly dead at this point Smile

If I stuck with my original suspicion of Zuul instead of having a bitching war with Pac it might have gone so much better, scientists must have had a good laugh at our implosion.

Well played though and thanks to Jan for hosting

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Fama

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

quota wrote:
I gotta say; this post was my favourite during those last days.

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
vote SchwipSchwap

if he turns up innocent and Purple is guilty I'm gonna be mad

If Sickroy is innocent I'll be madder

If it ends up being Fama, Plorg, and quota for the win I'll just laugh

Thank you all for letting me deceive you so Smile And thank you Jan for a great game!

Yeah, I laughed out loud when I read WitS's post Very Happy

Thanks for everyone for the game, and especially Jan (loved the death scenes).

Special thanks to Plorg, and especially quota for playing amazingly well.

I'm still interested in these kind of games, but I feel that I might take a break from them now.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work, thank you Jan, thank you other players.

We really got lost this time, didn't we? At least I did, I defended one scientist, and had 2 others as more probable innocents. Only got Zuul and Plorg.

Evil scientists! Evil!

I tried to write every single post in character - this might have hurt me in the long run, but I think that my general suckiness hurt more.

Great deaths and general fluff.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone's interested, I have a more traditional scenario I can post the rules for, although if people want to wait until after Christmas that's OK.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

With my new job, participating in these games is impossible. Sad

I'll just stick around and read Very Happy