45 coaches online • Server time: 13:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fela

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2012 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a reminder: you need to apply to the group for the main event after having won your qualifier. (Also: ready to play)
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2012 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

When does the main draw kick off?

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2012 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"The GLT will begin on Wednesday 20th June 2012."
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2012 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i got my mino killed in a prep game that went wrong Laughing

I'm not sure it's a bad thing though

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2012 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reminder Fela.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2012 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
i got my mino killed in a prep game that went wrong Laughing

I'm not sure it's a bad thing though

lets look at the pros and cons for this

con: your team is now 100% vanilla. at least you had a stat decrease
pro: minos are a tv bloat. your mino was a weak useless super tv bloat
con: that guy was your mascot. nuffle will rain pain on you!
----
conclusion: you will roll more quadskulls than the netherlands. say goodbye to the glt Very Happy
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
conclusion: you will roll more quadskulls than the netherlands. say goodbye to the glt Very Happy

I know. He was the key for my success. Now the team really lacks personality.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2012 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

My team still has some personality (well less with the loss of Plaguehammer the Fell, the third of my ST5 CWs Sad ) but I felt the same way with the loss of Grek the Gruesome.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=6708305

/me has a sad

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2012 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
zakatan wrote:

My team still has some personality (well less with the loss of Plaguehammer the Fell, the third of my ST5 CWs Sad ) but I felt the same way with the loss of Grek the Gruesome.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=6708305

/me has a sad

With the difference that your mino actually was awesome..for a mino anyway Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2012 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Words of wisdom from Milford...during applications to the GLT.

PainState wrote:
Milford from the GLT
Forlorn Group
IF you hate playing against Lizardmen, DO NOT APPLY TO THIS GROUP.

Forlorn closes out and all 4 brackets are won by Lizardmen. Do we need to amend the rules of majors or some such to get Lizardmen to represent in their home tourney the Lustrian Open? This is crazy...Lizardmen dominating the Forlorn of the GLT the last few years but cant sniff any glory in their "own" major.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, draw is up.

All 4 Lizardmen in one half of the draw...guarantees we can't have an all lizard final.

With me playing Ulrik in the first round (our head to head in lizzie-offs stands at 1 win each), there's also guaranteed to be a Lizardman in the last 8.

On the plus side for lizardish chances, all the claw teams (barring the freak dwarves) are in the other half of the draw!

In terms of matches that I want to watch, Virus against Porc Purple looks like a good matchup, as does Popes of Mope against Tiny Steel Hammers.

In terms of my pick to win it, I think Tiny Steel Hammers can pick up another major win, looking at their draw.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

An interesting draw - I did a quick breakdown:

First Quarterfinal Grouping:
Turteltauben (1590 Goblins) vs. Con barbas y a lo loco (2030 CDs)
- So the goblins have no chance...but they will have a LOT of fans cheering for them Smile 440k inducements give them a second chainsaw, 3 bribes and a wizard. Go forth mighty goblins! And...Kill Stuff! Who knows - a few (okay a lot) of early CAS against the CDs and a lucky TTM - and we could see the first goblin team to ever reach the final 8!

Vi[R]us (2230 Nurgle) vs. Porc Purple (2180 Orcs)
- Probably the game most people want to watch (it is already scheduled for Thursday)! Inducements are just a babe (no money for the orcs). Can a 13 man Orc team (or 11 orcs + troll + goblin) stand against the Nurgle...sure. Two claw will inflict some pain. However, the Orcs will not so easily be felled. A highly anticipated match this will be.

Quarter-finalist: The safe bet is on the CDs. With a potentially easier first round game and then a possibly battered opponent. However, I would not be surprised to see the Nurlge, Orc or CDs to come out of this group.

Second Quarterfinal Group:
Rata Blanca (2060 Skaven) vs. Behind the Smile (2040 Chaos)
- A former winner of the GLT returns to try to repeat as champions...and Rata Blanca is certainly a strong possibility to do just that. It will be interesting if the Chaos pay for a wizard (giving the skaven a bribe/apoth) - the skaven do not have the money for it - and the chaos could take the potentially game changing wizard here. Otherwise, the chaos have the tackle they need...but only good karma will help against a natural one-turner and the skill of Reisender as coach. Rumor has it that Behind the Smile does possess good karma right now though...could an upset be brewing?

Mean Matron Mothers (1940 Dark Elf) vs. Grosse Mause (2120 Skaven)
- The dark elves are a solid all around elf team...but they face an abomination! A MA 11 ST 3 AG 5 Gutter Runner. In addition the skaven have a deep bench and claw/tackle/mb - it is tough to doubt this skaven team...the DE will have a wizard however, and a potential score on defense (while the one-turner is on the sidelines in the first half perhaps) where the DE stall out all 8 turns, then go up 2-0 in the second half...possibilities abound - but the DE will have to be at the top of their game here.

Quarter-finalist: Probably one of the skaven...hard to see them both being taken out here. One of them will probably get through to face whichever bashy team comes out of the meat grinder from the above group.

Third Quarterfinal Group:
Meat balls (1940 Dwarf) vs. Lords of Dogtown (2030 Lizards)
- The dwarf team has a deathroller and not enough money to buy a wizard (although do have enough to buy a bribe). Would the bribe be enough to keep the deathroller on the field - and that turn the tide? The guess here is no...one of four lizardman teams - this is a Sauras heavy one - capable of dealing with the dwarves well...it will be very interesting to see if the deathroller gambit pays off here!

Dirty Little Dinos (2090 Lizard) vs. Lustrian Tomb Guard (2160 Lizard)
- It is like the Forlorn Qualifiers all over again! Lizards Lizards everywhere!! Honestly, not much to say here - a classic matchup between two excellent coaches...anyone who has ever played Lizardmen or would like to learn - this is just a wonderful game to watch some experts in action! Looking forward to this one!

Quarter-finalist: Lizardmen! Yeah, not taking a bit leap of faith here. Three excellent lizard teams - the odds against the single dwarf team are long here.

Fourth Quarterfinal Group:
Tiny Steel Hammers(2050 Dwarf) vs Popes of Mope(2040 Elf)
- Normally the Dwarf team would be confident...however this is Dolls - he has played 17,482 games with Pro Elves (roughly). He never flinches and certainly has knocked quality teams out of majors again and again. No inducements here...can the Dwarves pull the upset against the mighty Dolls and his Elf team? Hard to say - but we have some hope!

Coldblooded Offensive(2200 Lizard) vs. Chasing the moon(1950 Dark Elf)
- Some teams people are surprised to see make the final draw...the Dark Elves could be like that...no one picked them. But look at what the accomplished! They took down juggernaut teams throughout their qualifier and certainly showed they belong. Personally this could be the dark horse - the unknown team that comes out of nowhere to win the tournament...they have played well - but will have to really be sharp against what some argue is the best of the 4 lizardmen teams. It will be a classic elf game with the elves having a wizard + apoth and if they can use their AG 5 leaping tackler to pry the ball free...this is a tough one for the lizards.

Quarter-finalist: Not going to pick this one. It certainly is very wide open here. Likely one the two elf teams will make it through - but hard to pick this.

Looks like fun - post your play times - and let's get to the pitch!
Jeguan

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sunday 16.00 BBtime: Jasfmpgh vs Jeguan

For sure it will be an enjoyable game Smile
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok the real fun begins!

Turteltauben
Con barbas y a lo loco

Oh God. Cover your eyes, this is going to be nasty. A few hundred TV of inducements is going to be about as much use to the Goblins here as a soggy leek in a knife fight.

4-0 Con barbas y a lo loco

Vi[R]us
Porc Purple

This is one of the few heavyweight clashes in these finals, with both teams circling 2.2K TV. The Nurgle have a little claw po action going on, but not enough to tip the balance too far. Meanwhile the Orcs bring plenty of PO of their own, and both squads are loaded with ST4+ and Guard. Very even on paper, and in those circumstances, I go with the coach.

2-1 Porc Purple

Rata Blanca
Behind the Smile

Rata Blanca have a magnificent Tourney history and have thrashed far better teams than Behind the Smile in the past. The Chaos have so many battered players they resemble a Scottish Fish & Chip shop.

4-0 Rata Blanca

Mean Matron Mothers
Grosse Mäuse

The Mothers are a nice well-rounded DE team. The Mäuse are an absolute abomination. This is a CRP squad at its finest, with an extra dose of grandfathered one-turning insanity.

3-1 Grosse Mäuse

Metal balls
Lords of Dogtown

Deathroller + some stat freaks make the Balls a little more interesting than your average Dwarves. Sadly, this comes at the price of some hitting power. The Lords have most of their talent concentrated in some excellent Saurii, and I see them dominating this one.

2-0 Lords of Dogtown

Dirty Little Dinos
Lustrian Tomb Guard

This match will ensure at least one Lizard team pushes on to the Quarters. That's just great by me. As for which one, who knows? You could hardly find too more similar and even teams at this TV.

Dirty Little Dinos 2-1

Tiny Steel Hammers
Popes of Mope

Well this is a triple-A tie. Two Major-winning coaches, two fantastic teams, and a classic Bash/Agility matchup.
Both teams have some outrageous talent on the roster, the Hammers' bolstered further by their mutations. Dolls will have seen these kind of nightmare opponents many times, but sadly, I just can't see agility surviving the onslaught in this one.

2-1 Tiny Steel Hammers

Coldblooded Offensive
Chasing the moon

With four +ST players, the Offensive are begging for an illegal substances test. They combine that with a lightning-fast skink and some very mobile Saurii.
The DElves have some great agile and mobile players, but I think they might find themselves a little overpowered here, even with likely inducement support.

2-1 Coldblooded Offensive

Last edited by King_Ghidra on %b %21, %2012 - %11:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2012 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

btw Azure, you talk like one team is coming through those sets of four to the QF. But QF is the next round no? 16 teams here going down to 8.

Also it's never clear to me - are these brackets set? Or can any winner potentially play any other winner in the QF?
 Jump to: