33 coaches online • Server time: 09:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is your worst fear?
Having ColdFun shoved where it should not be shoved
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Friend Computer may not be my friend
26%
 26%  [ 12 ]
Communism
41%
 41%  [ 19 ]
Bots with RED lasers
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
A world without FunBall
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
The shrill voice of clonebot RT5W
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

veron wrote:
veron (OT) wrote:

I personally think the game should be rethought (if needed) and start over. At the same time, it's obvious that SillySod has put a lot of effort into this so I don't mind at all if we continue to the end if GM thinks it could somehow make it easier for next games.

What I think the biggest problem is that people (including me) still really don't know how to play this game. At the present I see that what we (can) do is limited to:

- write treason reports of each other
- talk to each other in the thread (mostly accusing each other of treason Very Happy)
- send daily search actions to the GM
- send secretive actions to GM (like trying to zap someone)

Is that it? Are there other things we could do? For example "my character tries to search the lab for clues", and then GM tells if you find anything etc. What else? If the things we can do is limited to the ones I mentioned above, it gets a bit old after a while.

At the moment GM's role is limited to telling each night who got zapped, I think there should be more narration between the GM and the players.

Also, after some players are dropped from the game, I think the nightly GM brief should include list of players who are still left.

Anyhoo, I think this game has potential, but it just isn't working at the moment for whatever reason. Big thank you for SillySod for doing this nevertheless.

Disclaimer: This is my first forum game ever, so I'm sure not all are as lost as I am. Also I'm sure that having been playing RPGs for over two decades must have some effect on all this (keep thinking in the traditional RPG way).

I kind of agree too.

I like the games with clearly defined rules and guidelines. I do not like the games where things are left to chance, or dice (with weighting and the like). Spelldarren's was frustrating, as I was killed by the dice, without anyone having voted for me.

I will coninue if the game continues, on the basis that effort has been put into it, so as not to let anyone down, but I can't say I am enjoying it since I am permanently confused as to what my options are.

I guess the games I enjoy most are the type similar to the ones I GM, with fixed normal Werewolf rules, but changing the fluff to allow room for people to role-play and express themselves. It's the same reason I didn't participate in Circ's game, because the Oil-Rig has alot of weird rules, even though it had a more clear structure.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

No one carres that I blasted the Happiness Officerr with a laserr? Confused

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy to note that Empathy is gone from the complex.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Happy to note that Empathy is gone from the complex.

I'm happy too, but I still think Friend Computer would appreciate more if we could blast the mental intruder instead of the victims... Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No new mental messages have been declared. Clearrly Dann-Y-BOI was the telepathic mutant.

-----------

<b>Traitor Report Form</b>
Jan-R-TTS

<b>Mandatory Bonus Evidence </b>
A recording of Jan-R-TTS clearly mocking a trouble shooter after a highly successful trouble shooting session.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

A is for Analysis which we have Fun doing on the computer's behalf Very Happy

Traitor Report Form
Jan-R-TTS

Mandatory Bonus Evidence
Trying to remove fun from a trouble shooter.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Traitor Report Form</b>
Jan-R-TTS

<b>Mandatory Bonus Evidence </b>

Continous spreading of mutations and communism plus threatening a troubleshooter.
Evidence: Mutation report form signed by Jan-R-TTS
Tape: Jan-R-TTS mocking a troubleshooter
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I am confused.
While this is fun, HOW is reporting a Mutation being traitorous? Mutants were not doomed to death, last time I checked.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Citizen Jan-R-TTS. Having a mutation is treason.
Not reporting it is even more treason. So please, be happy and join us in the fun when friend computer zapps you to pieces for a cleaner, happier, hygienic environment. And stop spreading commie mutations.

Your hygiene officer Reis-R-DER
veron

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Citizens! There are clearly some confusion going around. Citizen Jan-R-TTS did report his mutation, and this is not a treason. The Computer is forgiving, he is ready to give another chance for a citizen who reports his mutation.

Please give a sign if I am wrong, our friend, the one and only, The Computer!

* looks at one of the screens in one of the lab walls *
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear fellow citizens, I am reporting citizen Jan-R-TTS so that our friend computer in his wisdom can decide what to do. He will know the most hygienic and fun way to deal with that matter.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Hygiene Officer,
the reason to report mutations is that the computer knows about extra abilities of citizens and can make use of them. Therefore reporting own mutations instead of secretly taking advantage is an act of loyalty.
As the Loyalty Officer I strongly recommend - to all of us - to withdraw accusations based on mutation report forms only, as this would be considered a baseless accusation and a attempt to remove assets of our friend the Computer.

Quote:

Are we playing on now?
krytie

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Jan-R-TTS is a traitor. Perhaps a passive mutant. Maybe that's a threat to our fun, maybe it's not.

His attack in the night is either an attack from a secret society which wishes to blame communists for the attack, or it is a lie from him to try to make it look like he is not communist. At the moment we don't have enough information to make an informed decision, so I'll just settle down to my research -- Hope everyone is remembering to fill out their research reports each night Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Quote:

Are we playing on now?

I haven't heard anything to say the game has ended, so I am just continuing (or bumbling) along, as I do not wish to just leave the game, unless I hear it is closed.

I guess everyone else is just doing the same.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Traitor Report Form
Duke-Y-RON

Mandatory Bonus Evidence
Voices told me he was a traitor from a secret society. I told everyone in order to help Friend Computer, and all of a sudden many people (including Duke-Y-RON, that I considered innocent) report me, while I get beaten during night by an unknown communist offender. I guess facts quite speak for themselves. While it's quite Fun to be the scapegoat for communists and secret society members, I think Friend Computer needs my loyalty on this matter.

Note:
I also have STRONG suspects on all those who follow Duke-Y-RON's false accusations blindly. "Following blindly" sounds a lot like communism, to me.

Note2:
krytie wrote:
I don't think Jan-R-TTS is a traitor. Perhaps a passive mutant. Maybe that's a threat to our fun, maybe it's not.

His attack in the night is either an attack from a secret society which wishes to blame communists for the attack, or it is a lie from him to try to make it look like he is not communist. At the moment we don't have enough information to make an informed decision

Finally some words of Fun and Reason... except for the "not enough information" part... Citizen, just look at my body! I can assure you I did *not* self-FunBat myself... Rolling Eyes