62 coaches online • Server time: 19:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BastleCerry

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Kev and my brother got me into playing BB. I have played a few times with him and his TT league but with my schedule it is hard for me to get together with them. My brother is CastleMan and as sure many of you know he is kind of an a**. But all that aside, I am going to play some league games with him and maybe join ranked and play against everyone else. Thank you.
lemf

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello and welcome,
Cant be as bad as that brother of yours ;D
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi BastleCerry and welcome to FUMBBL! Is there some reason you both have 'castle' in your nicks? (well, you sort of do). Do you both live in a castle? Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I am honored, I guess. And yes JellyBelly, not only do we live in a castle, we build them for a living.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
I think you need to improve your match-choosing (picking) skills as well, as this was a tough match-up, playing up 200 TV vs zons with only 1 tackle. Choosing 4 cards for inducements was probably sub-optimal as well - you might have done better with either a chainsaw/bombardier, plus a bribe.

Just some thoughts ..

Some brilliant thoughts, but I'm not sure encourage picking of any sort is a good idea? I have literally never checked another person's team before playing. Just play what's in front of you! But probably not the place for this discussion.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:
I think you need to improve your match-choosing (picking) skills as well, as this was a tough match-up, playing up 200 TV vs zons with only 1 tackle. Choosing 4 cards for inducements was probably sub-optimal as well - you might have done better with either a chainsaw/bombardier, plus a bribe.

Just some thoughts ..

Some brilliant thoughts, but I'm not sure encourage picking of any sort is a good idea? I have literally never checked another person's team before playing. Just play what's in front of you! But probably not the place for this discussion.

It's a fair comment and I didn't mean to encourage 'cherry picking'. I very much dislike cherry picking myself and I like to think I don't dodge bashy teams and legend coaches with my elf teams.

But, having said that, I think there's picking and there's picking. And, in the [R]anked environment, there is some skill/experience in choosing matchups that offer you a reasonable chance.

There's a difference between picking a game against a newbie that offers them practically 0% chance to win (I never do that) and choosing not to play that high-TV elf team when your only tackler is mng.

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

CastleMan wrote:
Well I am honored, I guess. And yes JellyBelly, not only do we live in a castle, we build them for a living.

You build castles? Really? Wow! Got any photos?

CastleMan

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2016 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

we build them for them for secret clients. I have already said too much. Lets just say it rhymes with Nafia.
ChappyThePuppy

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2016 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to say hello!

I started playing blood bowl in 2011, so I had some good and bad experiences (mostly bad). I love this game for the pure randomness it presents every single game.

See you all on the pitch!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2016 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, and welcome here!

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

hello every one, just a kick view on the site actually, hope for coming soon to play Surprised)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

cosius wrote:
hello every one, just a kick view on the site actually, hope for coming soon to play Surprised)

Nice to see a fellow High Elf fan. Smile
Incitatis

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all. New to FUMBBL but have played TT and Cyanide before. I'm interested in finding a competitive, fluff-heavy league to play in - any suggestions? I'm in Central TZ.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2016 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Incitatis!
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2016 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new to FUMBBL (not to BB) and am still learning the interface with friends. Having spent a lot of time on BBCE and BB2 already, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it (one day...). Also I sent a little money FUMBBL's way so I'm not a freeloader!

Jump to: