40 coaches online • Server time: 12:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is your worst fear?
Having ColdFun shoved where it should not be shoved
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Friend Computer may not be my friend
26%
 26%  [ 12 ]
Communism
41%
 41%  [ 19 ]
Bots with RED lasers
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
A world without FunBall
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
The shrill voice of clonebot RT5W
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

krytie

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My research has taught me to expect the unexpected and suspect the unsuspected when it comes to communists. These deviants will stop at nothing to achieve their goal, even beating up one of their own in order to lower the suspicions placed upon him.

I personally do not think you are one, but wanted to put the possibilites to the group so they can make up their own minds Smile

Have fun & stay safe, fellow citizens.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Traitor Report Form

Chee-O-EEE

Mandatory Bonus Evidence

Lack of participation and concentration in a mission given by The Computer.
avien

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Traitor Report Form:

Chee-O-EEE

Mandatory Bonus Evidence

He hates gasmasks, this is not acceptable. I must point out that gasmasks are part of the station's security systems and and an excellent one. It is my duty as a security officer to report him as a threat to station security. One can only imagine what else he might hate.

edit: Just noticed I was thrown out, sorry. See you around citizens.
Nexus_Six

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

OUT OF CHARACTER :

Gotta say im actually really enjoying the game.
Lot of people are getting hung up on the "rules"
Paranoia is a game where essentially anything goes and you make your own rules. Its called paranoia because the game goes crazy with everyone suspecting everyone and things all get out of hand.

I think we should continue and try to get some new blood into the game.
My only problem at the moment is the fact im pretty active and furiously msging Silly Sod and not getting any response in game or in message form. Its a bit anoying to send a research report nightly and not even know what the buggary im discovering !!!

All that aside im enjoying the banter and the interaction with the other actives, mainly Wyrm, Foul, Jan, Circ and Veron.
Think this has a lot of potential and we should keep with it

After all

BACK INTO CHARACTER :....

THIS IS FUN !
krytie

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nexus_Six wrote:
is the fact im pretty active and furiously msging Silly Sod and not getting any response in game or in message form. Its a bit anoying to send a research report nightly and not even know what the buggary im discovering !!!

THIS IS FUN !

Well, maybe you should change your research!! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Silly-U-SOD wrote:
With hindsight it would have been better to give people briefings on the progress of their research. I'd have had to write most of this out before the game started though so I could quickly copy/paste it to people. With regards to veron - thats generally how forum games work, the GM keeps all the secret information and records/announces kills at the end of each day. I've tried to give this one a bit more of a RPG feel to it but I'm not sure how to push it beyond that without requiring an absolutely massive amount of interaction (at which point most people would rather go and play someone in real life). Timezones also begin to restrict the format as you need to cater to people posting at all times of the day. More storyline and a richer set of clues could help give more of a feel of interaction but ultimately players will be stuck with a restricted set of options.

I'll do a count up of todays deaths and activities, if there has been an explosion in activity then I'll continue but if not I'll draw it to a close.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Nexus_Six

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

<i> Dont close Sad Im enjoying it ! </i>
Soulmask

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

OT: Maybe 15 players is too much for a game that require a lot of GM work. It's not automatic like werewolf games(that only need some narration and dice rolls).
- Also, I feel like there is nothing to do but report ourselves blindly and send meaningless research reports(well except that they win the game, research reports are not dynamic at all and serve only to end the game/declare who wins in a DEUX EX machina). We should really be able to make actions like a DND game, just like the paranoia game(which was like 6 players) and have a dynamic objective, troubleshooter squads seem hilariously fun(I think we should also all start at clearance level red). Maybe limit the number of "liberal"(the player decides what to do) actions to one a day(but a day wouldnt correspond to a day in-game, a day would correspond to 6-min/several hours depending on what the troubleshooter team is doing.)
Soulmask

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dannyboy wrote:
OT: Maybe 15 players is too much for a game that require a lot of GM work. It's not automatic like werewolf games(that only need some narration and dice rolls).
- Also, I feel like there is nothing to do but report ourselves blindly and send meaningless research reports(well except that they win the game, research reports are not dynamic at all and serve only to end the game/declare who wins in a DEUX EX machina). We should really be able to make actions like a DND game, just like the paranoia game(which was like 6 players) and have a dynamic objective, troubleshooter squads seem hilariously fun(I think we should also all start at clearance level red). Maybe limit the number of "liberal"(the player decides what to do) actions to one a day(but a day wouldnt correspond to a day in-game, a day would correspond to 6-min/several hours depending on what the troubleshooter team is doing.)

OT again: Also, paranoia is supposed to be very dynamic, and I wish there could be events happening requiring the players to react, or (since actions arent always a success) misfires that kill the player that tried to do the action or give clues on his mutation/secret society for the others to use against him.
Soulmask

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there is something we could do to incorporate more players into the game, maybe make The Computer a player(who isn't the GM, that player however would have a GM-like role and would need to be tottaly role-playing) and other players could be NPCs that come has events in the mission, and contrary to the "main" players(the troubleshooter squad), They aren't there a lot but would also have an impact on the game with interacting with the players. Overall, it would not be about who wins or who loses, it would be about having fun in a paranoia game, and the best role-players could have Rewards in a final Conclusion post
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

As you conclude the days research Veron-V-RON stands up and points a pointy white object at Foul-Y-KGM. "Damn you bot-hater, you'll pay for what you've done!" is followed swiftly by an impressive rainbow of light which hits Foul-Y-KGM who is swiftly flipped upsidedown and has his feet stuck to the celing before disintigrating under the beam. Looks like Veron-V-RON found a classified toy and got lucky trying to use it.

Sy-R-SIX ceases the moment as a precious opportunity to give Jan-R-TTS a few nudges ... quite a world of pain before the rest manage to take the coldfun leap pipe away from him.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* Research Suspected Compromised *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Dann-Y-BOI, Chee-O-EEE, and Spig-G-LEE are considered suspect. Laziness is no excuse for treason. All suspect citizens will be entitled to compulsary maximum deletion. Jan-R-TTS also noted as a security risk, current clone to be terminated in T minus three, T minus two, T minus one...

All four are incinerated by RED lasers. A variety of flashy lights indicate that only Dann-Y-BOI, Chee-O-EEE, and Spig-G-LEE lost all remaining clones in the purge.

... termination complete. All remaining staff to be split and sent to isolation chambers for debriefing. Foul-Y-KGM has been promoted to BLUE clearence. Duke-Y-RON is considered eligable for GREEN, pending investigation into alleged link to known terrorist "Vatman".

Game Closed

Feel free to discuss but its officially ended. I'll probably comment on some stuff I noticed tommorow Smile

Technically the people promoted have "won" based on objectives they actually managed to accomplish although the game obviously wasnt properly completed.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Soulmask

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Could we get a debriefing?
Who had what mutant power, who was really a communist?

I'll start... I was a Rogue Bot and I couldn't say the letter "d".
I was in Pro tech.
That's about it.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So where am I in all this termination/promotion mayhem? Not that it matters since the game is over..but I'd like to know where my efforts took me...

And now, are we supposed to keep the secrecy seal on or we can talk freely?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can talk freely. I'd make sure to mix things up for any future game anyway (at the very least).

Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

hey thx for the game anyway Silly-U-SOD

i will also put some larger feedback when i have time.... for now:

-game was fun, i would have participated more and not failed my research, but some communist traitors infected me with teh flue
- game problems remind me of actual paranoia rpg sessions.... too much "fun" and insecure information.... i think a little more precise missions would add to the fun, there still would be enough "paranoia" around....
- more feedback on the effect of night actions /research would have been great (i see the problem with lots of work for gamemaster in that case...)
 Jump to: