50 coaches online • Server time: 21:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2011 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Either that or drop the number of games down, and you don't play everyone in your division. If the admins get rid of say the first 3 games in a 14 team div, we have 10 games for the season, but don't play 3 teams.
prophane

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2011 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

shouldnt all of this be moved over to a season 21 thread, just sayin.

PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2011 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

prophane wrote:
shouldnt all of this be moved over to a season 21 thread, just sayin.

probally

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2011 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

TO THE PMS!

Oh wait, nvm. Do non-premier divisions shuffle each season? I feel like they should, so you get to play different people each season, instead of playing the same people. Then if we have 25 people we can do 2 leagues of 12-13, and if we have 30 people we can do 3 leagues of 10. Keep it around the same number of games.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2011 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

even numbers work better because they eliminate bye-weeks, which always suck especially when you get a dropped team as well then it feels like ages between games.

The number of games would be adjusted each season so everyone plays roughly the same # of games. I prefer to keep it at a seven or so game season. 10 feels too long and my gut tells me some coaches will not play out a losing 10-game season. I wish it werent so.

I would shuffle the Vets, yes. Rivalries will develop on their own and over time.

I would probably still do pre-season matches but again not for everyone, only those below the Median TV after promotions/demotions but before the Official season start.

what say you all about these ideas?

Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2011 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

All sounds good to me, although I prefer longer seasons. Of course, if people leaving is a serious problem, then smaller would be better.
Jasfmpgh

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of having a division for new teams and beat up teams. I think the Inducements do a good enough job at making a 1,500K team and a 2,000K team even, but don't do much to make a 1,000K team and a 1,500K team even. I don't think the old NEW division should come back. I don't see anything wrong with naming one of the three Veteran divisions, Fringe.. and putting the weakest TV teams and freshly created teams in that league.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of a premier, 2 verteran, and a frindge division that would future new teams
SavageJ

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Three tiers seems like it should work to me, too.

What are the relegation/promotion thoughts? How about the top 2 of each Veteran division move up to Premier? Is that too much turnover at the top? (I guess that depends on whether Premier is 8, 10, or 12 teams.)

Along the same lines, how about the top 4 of Fringe split between the two Veteran divisions? That doesn't seem too bad.
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If you were going to do that Jas, I would say that you get 8 teams in Prem, top 3 stay in, 5 drop. 2 are promoted from the 2 better Conferences/Veteran Divs, and one from the other "Rookie Conference". Will lead to a nice turnover of team, but will also allow the chance of new teams to make the big leagues
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh oh I like that one. What miyuso said
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we wait to introduce the new division, then, until there is enough of a gap to warrent it?
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Miyuso wrote:
If you were going to do that Jas, I would say that you get 8 teams in Prem, top 3 stay in, 5 drop. 2 are promoted from the 2 better Conferences/Veteran Divs, and one from the other "Rookie Conference". Will lead to a nice turnover of team, but will also allow the chance of new teams to make the big leagues

Top 3 is kinda harsh.

I'd say bottom 3 drop and #4 and #5 have to play vs. the bottom 2 'promotion' teams to see if they get to stay.

Have some play in games, more fun. Also keeps the potential for the kind of seismic turnover you are advocating Smile
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Miyuso wrote:

Sounds good to me.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2011 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

okay, people, here's what I think thus far considering what you guys have said. First off, 1 team per coach, if you like us enough you will look forward to playing that one team, I seriously doubt coaches that have a single team will quit a league they enjoy because we dont allow him a 2nd team...however a coach disenfranchised with us will gleefully drop more than one team. 1 team it is.
Using the active teams we have now at the end of the season as an example of how we'd structure the League for next season (I know we'll see some turnover but it'll work for what we're trying to do).

We currently have 36 Active teams so season 21 would break down like this:

1. Premier would have the top 8 teams and would play a 7 game schedule.

2. Vet would take the other 28 teams and basically have 4 7-team Divisions, (We'd either just have a 6 game season or we'd play 1 cross divisional game I dont like an odd number due to bye weeks.)

3. The top team from each division would advance to Premier, and the next best team out of all 4 divisions would play the Premier team ranked #4 as a play-in chance. All these games would be mandatory, no dodging them because you want to stay in Vet another season.

Once promotions/demotions are determined, we must find out which teams are returning, then we will draft, and figure out the Median Conference TV and get all teams below the TV that want a builder and we randomly seed those games. We will grant a few days for these "Preseason" matches, and then we will divide up the Vet Divisions with the teams we have and away we go. Because we'll be trying to keep the "racial" balance during the draft you'll have to figure out if you are returning or not, we will need to know which teams are returning prior to the preseason matches. we may allow new teams to play each other prior to or after this as well so they might get more than the single preseason match.

Jump to: