51 coaches online • Server time: 21:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bram

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2011 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What happened to "jokers!!" ? Didn't they win their qualifier?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2011 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

bram wrote:
What happened to "jokers!!" ? Didn't they win their qualifier?

In fact, they did not. Round 1, Forlorn 3 Qual.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2011 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
Ordered by Qualifier and Showing TV and TW

GLT High TV Qualifiers

ImageMagerit Revengers - 2280/2580

ImageUncensored Teenage Hardcore - 2800/2800

ImageHells Horrors - 2180/2390

ImageBigotillos - 2230/2260

GLT High CR Qualifiers

ImagePokemors - 1730/1950

ImageAquilas Negras - 2200/2210

ImageMithril Diablos - 2060/2190

ImageSpectators Champions - 2170/2230

GLT Old Teams Qualifiers

ImageEmpire Strikes Back Insanity - 2170/2170

ImageCrossdressers - 2100/2440

ImageLegion of Ogrimmar - 2280/2540

ImageExcellence of Execution! - 2220/2240

GLT Forlorn Races Qualifiers

ImageLustrian Tomb Guard - 1760/1880

ImageRanaldinhos 2120/2440

ImageNecrogigios -2160/2330

Just one orc team...orcs clearly aren't what they used to be.

Last edited by Rijssiej on %b %02, %2011 - %19:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2011 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one of anything got in, except for DE, and possibly undead (of all things). The DE don't surprise me. The single HE and lack of WE do, as does the single orc. I actually rather expected Rijssiej's to make it in, and not mine.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Gracehoper

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2011 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Any word on when the last qualifier will be played?

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2011 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO the Orc teams have fallen off the cliff because most of the Ranked coaches who played orcs also play in the Box. They went over to the box and the CLPOMB assault has reduced the orcs to slime jelly in the box at high TV...so naturally they have had it CLOPOMB into their green brains that orcs are "dead" and they have moved on to other "competitive" races...BUT in Ranked the CLPOMB is no were near the level of the Box and the few that do show up in the Ranked majors, still a small sample size, they are getting elfballed out of the tournies in the qualifier rounds.

SO I think Orcs are still very competitive in the ranked div and until the CLPOMB bash teams start rulling the Ranked majors it should not change.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Gracehoper wrote:
Any word on when the last qualifier will be played?

I think that match has been sucked into a vortex of chaos and the teams will not reappear until 2 hours before the main draw.

Just a hunch.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Then again Pulpo Fiction the coach of the braaainnnsss...has not been online for 5 days...maybe that mind flayer on his bio turned on him and sucked out his brain....you never know, mind flayers are not easily trained.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

SO I think Orcs are still very competitive in the ranked div and until the CLPOMB bash teams start rulling the Ranked majors it should not change.

You dont need clawpomb. Claw + mb is enought to make orcs not competitive.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
IMO the Orc teams have fallen off the cliff because most of the Ranked coaches who played orcs also play in the Box. They went over to the box and the CLPOMB assault has reduced the orcs to slime jelly in the box at high TV...so naturally they have had it CLOPOMB into their green brains that orcs are "dead" and they have moved on to other "competitive" races...BUT in Ranked the CLPOMB is no were near the level of the Box and the few that do show up in the Ranked majors, still a small sample size, they are getting elfballed out of the tournies in the qualifier rounds.

This. Orcs work well in just about any format except perpetual TV-matching.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
PainState wrote:

This. Orcs work well in just about any format except perpetual TV-matching.

Well, my orc team was eligible for any of 3 different qualifiers (all but Forlorn). I chose to enter the Old Teams qual for 2 reasons:

1. I always found it to be the most fun, since I recognize the teams and know who coaches most of them without even having to look it up.

2. Not a lot of "old" teams were going to be heavy clawbombers. I figured most of the clawbomb teams that exist in Ranked would be newer teams, possibly coached by good coaches. If anyone started a FFB-era clawbomb team, it would most likely end up in the TV/CR qual (for chaos), or forlorn (for Nurgle/Pact).

Only 1 super-bashy team made it in though, and it was from the old qualifier...a converted LRB4 chaos team that had played enough to turn the roster over and have newfangled killers. My plan worked, but not for the reasons I expected Very Happy
MadTias

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Then again Pulpo Fiction the coach of the braaainnnsss...has not been online for 5 days...maybe that mind flayer on his bio turned on him and sucked out his brain....you never know, mind flayers are not easily trained.

Laughing
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well the main draw is set and this is going to a great finish to the GLT. 3 of Milfords top 4 Power Ranking teams are in the top bracket. And the bottom bracket is stacked with a lot of quality elfballers with a CD team just chomping at the bit.

The first two rounds of the main draw we will see 12 quality matches. This is going to be a lot of fun.

Once I get back to the hotel tonight I will get the full round of predictions for the main draw and maybe look at those power rankings again.

Did Pulpo Fiction get his brain eaten by his pet mind flayer and is now a thrall to some dark cabal?

Rechecked the brackets and the blood is probally going to be flowing in the first two rounds...I anticipate a very high CAS rate for the opening rounds of action...GLORIOUS!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

** Miflord from the GLT **

Well FUMBBL fans just checked the tournament again and see that the Legion just decimated the Pokemors in a an epic show down of blood and gore. I wished I had been able to spec that match. 13 CAS in this match set the tone for the GLT main draw.

Looking at the post match report and I have just been handed the stat sheet and one of my minnions was at the match with first hand knowledge of the match, this question must be asked. Did the Pokemors sit around for over a month after winning the cheaters bracket and not work out, did they go soft, did the Nurgle rot fester in them so that when they took the field they just combusted and blew apart in little gibble bits? It seems so.

So once again Blood Bowl offers us a life lesson. If you cheat and sit on your butt for over a month and then have to go out and perform against top flight competition, you are sunk, lucky if you survive with your head. So tonight remind all you children at bed time story time that cheaters and loafers allways get what is coming.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So close Lord Borak so close Evil or Very Mad

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: