22 coaches online • Server time: 07:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nekran

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

They're 6-3-4 though. Forfeit win isn't counted. Also my divisional record is horrendous this season. Alas, I just didn't earn my spot.
licker

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Tie breakers for WC are head to head (if applicable), then divisional (if same division) else conference.

At least that's how it is in the NFL. Or how it used to be. Ryan will decide anyway.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Main page lists them at 4-3-5, that's 12 games. Add one win for last night, that's 5-3-5.

Forfeit win vs Pit, wins vs Cle, Ten, Ind x2.

But you gotta do your own tiebreaker math. You need Cleveland to lose vs Cincy to go to tiebreakers w them (I don't know how that turns out). You go to tiebreakers w Oakland if they tie Denver and you win, but if either team wins the winner is ahead of you. If you'd lose the tiebreaker to both Cleveland and Oakland you're dead already.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Main page doesn't mean anything.

However, I think the forfeit is counted for Tenn, though it's not counted for Cleaveland for some reason.

Ultimately KC should just try to win (obviously) you never know when someone might wind up bailing for whatever reason and #7 gets promoted anyway.

Longer shot that, to be sure, but we've seen it happen.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Fangsas is still in the playoff hunt, they are not mathematically ruled out yet
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. Good wildcard drama in both conferences this season. If Houston gets the win, the AFC wildcard hunt will go down to the last week with Cleave Land at 48, Oakland at 45, Denver, Houston, Miami, and Tennessee all at 44, and Fangsas City at 41. Oakland plays Denver, so FC can at best go to tiebreakers, was my point. FC would be 5-1-4 in conference (better than Brasky @5-0-5 if Cleave Land loses) and 2-0-4 in division, with a split vs Oakland, who has a better division record, if Oak and Den tie. So… FC is the #6 seed (behind Oakland or Denver) if
* FC wins vs SD and
* Cincy wins vs Cleave Land and
* Buffalo wins or ties vs Miami and
* Baltimorc wins or ties vs Tenn and
* Indianapolis wins or ties vs Houston

Hardly promising, but it's there.

* Cleave Land has to win to avoid going to tiebreakers. A loss and they have to hope. A tie, and it depends on who's in there with them.
* Oakland vs Denver is a playoff game: the winner is in (okay, if it's Oakland, they're probably in). A tie is probably deadly to both, almost certainly in Denver's case.
* Winning their last game would be good enough to give a solid shot (if only through tiebreakers) to Miami, Tennessee, or Houston. But if Oakland and Cleave Land win, it doesn't matter what else happens.

In the NFC, the East is still open. Flashington takes it by beating Dallas, but is also automatically in the playoffs on a tie, as the only three teams who could pass them are one in their division and two who have to both play each other. New York is in position to take advantage if Flashington loses or ties, and Dallas if they can beat/tie Philhala and beat Flashington.

Carolina is in the catbird seat for the #5 seed, but could surrender their spot to Detroilet if they lose head to head (unless Detroilet loses to Gnawleans). The #6 seed is probably for the second-place team in the NFC East, or maybe for Minnesota, holding on by the skin of their teeth in hopes that two of the three NFCE teams and Detroilet all stumble. The playoffs could be all-NFCE or all-NFCN, but the smart money at this point says either Carolina or Detroilet at #5 and the second-placed NFCE team at #6.

Or put another way, my ladies are ready for some elf-blood.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2014 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

New York: 64 VP, 0 to play. They're in the playoffs, but which seed depends on Flashington vs Dallas.
Flashington: 58 VP, 1 to play. On a win vs Dallas, they're in the #4 seed. On a tie, they're the #6 seed. On a loss they have to pray for a Carolina/Detroilet tie and a Chicago win or tie over Minnesota… assuming Dallas lost to Philhala, otherwise it's lose and out.
Carolina: 59 VP, 1 to play. On a win or tie they're in the #5 seed. On a loss they're out.
Detroilet: 57 VP, 1 to play. If they beat Carolina, they're in; which seed is down to tiebreakers vs. New York. A tie would be bad but not doom; a loss is the end.
Dallas: 48 VP, 2 to play. Beating Philhala, beating Flashington, and seeing a tie in the Carolina/Detroilet game would get them in on the #5 seed. They could take #6 by tying Philhala, beating Flashington, and seeing a non-tie in Carolina/Detroilet.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2014 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

AFC 1st 13 Recap!

Since all AFC teams are now 13 games in what we can look forward to in week 14! So much is up for grabs.

Playoff leaders right now are:
San Dogo (clinched AFCW) 62
Hacksonville (clinched AFCS) 58
New Angryland (clinched AFCE) 57
Cincinatti (leads AFCN) 55
Cleaveland (7 back in AFCN) 48
Oakland 45
Miami, Houston, Tennesse, Denver 44
KC 41

That's 11 of 16 teams still in the playoff picture (though KC is in rough shape), and none of the 1-4 seeds determined!

The Matchups! Some are key. The biggest 2 are:

Cincinatti vs. Cleavland

and

Denver vs. Oakland

The ramifications of Cincy vs. Cleavland are clear, the winner takes the AFCN, while a draw also allows Cincy to claim that title, though likely only the 4 seed. For Cleaveland it gets a bit more complicated though, if they lose outright they are really in trouble to stay in a WC spot. With 5 teams all in the hunt to pass them they may be on the outs. If they draw Cincy, likewise their situation isn't much better. They lack tie breakers vs. both Houston and Tennessee, and while the TB situation with Miami and Denver remains to be sorted out, it's still not clear sailing.

Meanwhile, if Oakland can beat Denver they will lock down at worst the 6 seed, depending on the Cleaveland result. Even a draw and a Cleaveland loss could work for Oakland, though that would still allow for the pile of teams at 44 to pass them.

So, what are the matchups for these other WC hopefuls? Well... it's not good if you are looking for them to lose. Houston takes on the 0-13 Indiancropolis, while Tennessee gets an orc mirror match vs. Baltimorc, a game Tennessee should be favored in as well.

Meanwhile Miami gets to pick on a beat up Buffalo squad which has faltered down the stretch.

Only Denver has a matchup against a potential playoff team in Oakland.

So the WC situation is really up in the air. It seems very likely that there will be a logjam at 51, the key for both Cleaveland and Oakland is to get above that number, but the only way they can do that is to outright win their games.

Now, lets look at the top 4 seeds.

San Dogo is in the drivers seat, and they face off against KC. Certainly KC will be gunning for them, but a San Dogo tie is still enough to lock up at least the #2 seed, and could still give them the #1 depending on their TB with Hacksonville.

Hacksonville faces off against a Pittsburgh team which has missed a large part of the season, but could be back. Hacksonville needs a win to ensure a top 2 seed, a tie would still leave them open to getting passed by New Angryland. A loss would leave them vulnerable to being passed by both NA and Cincy.

New Angryland, meanwhile faces off against a big rival in the JETZ. Sure, the JETZ really bottomed out in the 2nd half, but one should never count out a rival. NA could wind up anywhere from 1st to 4th though, however, to get a top2 seed they will need either a SD loss, and or Hacksonville tie/loss. And that is also dependent on NA beating the JETZ.

Lastly Cincy would surely like to hang onto a top4 spot. They could conceivably tie SD with a win and a SD loss, but then they'd still need both NA and Hacksonville to lose/tie their games. Cincy does have the tie breaker on Hacksonville, so there is a chance that with a draw and a Hacksonville loss Cincy would move into 2nd or 3rd depending on the outcome of the NA JETZ game.

Wow, that's a lot of possibilities.

So, be sure to tune into the Cincy/Cleave game, and the Denver/Oak game, those 2 will go a long way to determining the WC spots. The other games all pit playoff hopefuls vs. non playoff teams, they will be exciting games, but only have real drama for one side.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: May 16, 2014 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I should be able to pass Hacksonville if they tie and I win.

But past 1st and 2nd seed, does 3rd-6th really matter? You're still in the playoffs without a first-round bye. Only game that matters is the last one.

One interesting thing... if I were to lose to Cleaveland, I would just have to play them again first round of the playoffs, right?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 16, 2014 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it looks like there's 4 games really to watch: Cin/Cle, Den/Oak, Car/Det, and Was/Dal. The "second tier" of drama I'd say is Cin/Cle, Mia/Buf, Hou/Ind, and Ten/Bal. If all four teams at 44 VP win their games, the conference-record tiebreaker status would look like this:
Houston holds head-head over Tennessee and conference (6-2-2) over the others.
Tennessee is also 6-2-2 in conference,
then Denver at 5-2-3,
then Miami at 5-1-4.
If Cleve Land ties, they're 5-1-4 in this scenario, with head-to-head losses to Houston and Tennessee. What's after head-head?

NFL uses common games ahead of conference record, but common games wouldn't change anything because we don't have SOS matchups. So I think that's how the WC tiebreaker plays out if Cincy and/or Denver should win or tie.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2014 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
I should be able to pass Hacksonville if they tie and I win.

But past 1st and 2nd seed, does 3rd-6th really matter? You're still in the playoffs without a first-round bye. Only game that matters is the last one.

One interesting thing... if I were to lose to Cleaveland, I would just have to play them again first round of the playoffs, right?

LIES!

3-6 matters immensely. Don't you want a home game?

If you lose to Cleaveland it's likely you would face them in the 4/5 matchup. Cleaveland cannot do better than 4 (I'm pretty sure) and you can't do worse than 5th (again, pretty sure).

Even better though is that if Cleaveland beats you they will probably trash up your team along the way so you'd be facing them short handed.

Fun times!

Or... just beat them and put them out of your misery Smile
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: May 16, 2014 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, "home" game - that's where everyone sees my players on the left, right?
licker

Post   Posted: May 16, 2014 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

If you choose to believe that nuffle doesn't favor the home team that's your prerogative.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: May 16, 2014 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Given my NWFL season so far, I find it more likely that nuffle just picks on specific teams.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: May 16, 2014 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

This will be my first non-playoff-preview fluff piece in a long time (however the playoff preview is coming soon), but this is the rare occasion that demands it. Before the season, absolutely no one thought it was possible: everyone assumed that a losing season was in the books. Indeed, that we'd be fighting for the first pick in the draft, not a spot in the playoffs. To begin the year, someone predicted us to be eighth in the AFC. After four weeks, we ranked twenty-fourth in the league. But with one week to go in the regular season, the Oakland Elf Raiders are one win away from securing a playoff spot.

Now we just have to beat our arch rival to do it.

Announcing:

Monday Night Football: 6-1-6 Oakland Elf Raiders vs 5-3-5 Denver Mile Under Club

The winner of this game is playoff-bound! The loser gets to fester all off-season about how their rival crushed their dreams. A tie is possible but would likely leave both teams sitting at home.

As if you didn't know by now, these two teams hate each other. If they were at the gates of heaven and just had to say one nice thing about the other to get in, they'd be having a fight in hell soon-after.

Earlier this season Denver walked away with a tough-earned 1-0 victory over their rivals, in addition to doing some permanent damage. The elves almost managed to steal the game several times but were ultimately unable to do so, as they have so many times against the undead in the past. In fact Denver has been a nigh-overcome-able obstacle for Oakland ever since they arrived in the league: the Raiders are 2-0-6 against Denver, 2-2-3 vs Fangsas City, and 2-0-6 against San Dogo during that time frame. While Kryten's Chompers have knocked us out of playoff contention in the final week several times, only robocoyote's Mile Under Club have knocked us out of the playoffs themselves.

That was actually the last playoff game the Raiders were in, as we have missed out the last two seasons due to the strength of the AFC West (finishing fourth two years ago at 6-2-6 and third last season at 7-2-5). Meanwhile Denver had won three straight division crowns until this season (San Dogo claims it this time), though they have yet to find success in the playoffs like they have in the regular season (only one playoff win despite having the #2 seed all three campaigns).

So when you take the hatred between two arch-rivals, throw in the desperation of Denver to finally get over the hump and back to the AFC Championship game, add the desire of Oakland to make it to the playoffs after a two-year drought (especially considering that we made the playoffs in six out of our first seven seasons), and put it all in a win-or-go-home environment, you get the best Monday Night Football game of all time.

So if you had plans at 7 pm central time on Monday, May 19th, cancel them. If you had another show to record, un-schedule it. If you had dreams of boning your girl at that time, post-pone that. If you are going to miss this game for any reason you will be banned for life from the NBFL, Donald Sterling-style.

(Too soon?)

(Nah)

We're gonna find out which of us was right when the season started (flipped to be in chronological order while reading):

Posted by ex-convict on 2014-01-28 22:09:14
The Raiders' offseason training is complete; bring on the AFC West and whomever else has the misfortune of playing us.

Our theme (song) for the year: Who Gon Stop Me

(That is obviously a rhetorical question)

Posted by ryanfitz on 2014-01-28 22:37:43
sure, cause nuffle, San Dogo, KC, and Denver all plan on doing it this season Very Happy

Don't drop the soap.
 Jump to: