14 coaches online • Server time: 05:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Which reminds me to follow up with the organiser. I'm trying to persuade him to let me sanity check the rules so they don't do anything too stupid. I've already given him some pointers.

BTW since this is the 1st Blood Bowl event GW have hosted in Oz for ages (?ever?) please try and go and play for one weekend or something. If we are ever going to persuade GW to carry Blood Bowl again then showing support at tournaments etc is one way of indicting just how many people there are out there who want to play something other than 40k or WFB.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Just in case Clay didn't repeat this mantra the prerequisite 42 times!

Dont TR cull yet!

Not only are the lineups not yet fixed, but anything can happen before now and the start of SWL 10 and you may be called up for higher duties - like we saw with a couple of critical dropouts last season. I would suggest delaying until at least Day 1 of the new season and at the latest right before your first season 10 match.

It certainly doesn't do any harm to your team to delay the Cull, but it does leave us admins some options if we need to make some last minute changes.

btw - Great commentary on the pro bowl match guys!

Cheers,
Snorri

Last edited by Snorri on %b %31, %2005 - %11:%May; edited 1 time in total
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Wrapping Up Season 9</b>

All,

We are nearly done! I have granted an "extension" to gumbi and BloodReaper as there game may have a bearing on promotion and relegation. However the request for Friday will not be granted - it is too long!! Please send an email to swladmin@hotmail guys to give us an indication of when this game can be played in a reasonable fashion.

Also, congrats to <b>Sandune</b> for winning the SWL Premier League IX! Well done mate, 2 times in 3 seasons Smile

Also, in this forum and via PM I will post the results of the SWL Draft. You will only have 7-10 days to get your team submitted once the results of the draft are known.

Also, a Season 10 edition of the SWL Policy Document will be issued in the next couple of weeks.

Season 10 will hopefully start in 14 days at the latest.

Congrats to all of you guys for sticking thru a fairly trying season with the TR Caps etc etc... I think it has definately been for the best for the league overall.

Clay
FLo711

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Sandy!

The SSS are definelty going to be missed (kinda)

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Sandy!!!

I am really looking forward to the next season now.

*eagerly awaits results of the draft*
ozjesting

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye...cheers Sandune! As one who has had to suffer far too many times at the (midget) hands of those champions I know full well their might! BUT I am also happy to know that at least I beat them ONCE!

Look forward to having Crasx Ironhead on MY side come this Sunday night Wink

The Smashers are retired

LONG LIVE THE SMASHERS!

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Sandune from Christchurch. The Smashers were are great team which destroyed my Maniacs at one stage Smile All the best for next season.

@ Clay

I'll be away till next Thurs the 7th and then the weekend from Fri 8th till Sun 10th. I might need a one or two day extension. Will keep u informed.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

SEASON 10 LATEST

Premier:
1. Beasts of Bowl
2. Carlton Utd
3. Colarado Avalanche
4. German Vermin
5. Slumbering Skink
6. Vanguard of the Southern Ark
7. ??
8. ??

Why the "??'s"? Well it seems that the FINAL match of Season 9 will have a big bearing on the final Premier League spots. Zen Adepts, Darkest Sides of the Sun and Gumbeast Utd are in line for the spots. If the game gets played, then DSoS are in... win, lose, draw. Gumbeast (their opponents) must win. Anything else (Draw, DSoS win), then the Adepts are returned to Premier. If the game does not get played (and the coaches are communicating) then who knows!

This means Conference will be:

1. ??? (the loser of the 3 teams mentioned above)
2. Angry Asgardians
3. Black Crowes
4. Bogan Yobs
5. BrisVegans
6. Citadel Ancients
7. Creepers
8. Falling Apart Together
9. Good Old Days Return
10. Minor Dieties
11. Mr Whippy's Donut Boys
12. Pestilent Freaks
13. SoftNFluffy
14. SWL Losers
15. Wicker Men
16. Women Who Wear Little

This leaves the Regionals as follows:

1. Arnolds Avengers
2. Brisbane Boncos
3. Good, Bad, Furry
4. Kings Park Rangers
5. Sinister Duskriders
6. Wicked C Dorfs

PLUS Draft picks from (in order):
1. Sandune
2. BeefyGoodness
3. chunky04
4. whitey
5. DM
6. OldBugman
7. Morgy
8. danielcollins
9. Purple_Tallest
10. Faibios
11. Dravaal
12. Rennigeb
13. savsta
14. SonofSharkboy
15. GooseIAm
16. Michael_Warblade (preferences to be provided!)
17. Sparticus (preferences to be provided!)

This will make a league of over 22 teams!! Should be interesting!!

When Snorri updates the racial balance tables, I will run thru all your draft picks and select races. The bids are CLOSED! Any emails received from current draftees (except MW and Sparticus) will not be accepted.

Once the draft is conducted, you will have 7 days to post your new team to the SWL Main Page. Failure to do so may result in you losing your position.

A reminder too that teams will need to ensure that they are under TR200 and TR150 for Conference and Regional respectively. But <b>DO NOT CULL YET</b> as none of the above is set in stone yet. A late drop out or change of heart may result in shuffling.

SWL Main Page

I have retired all old divisional teams to the 666 bracket for now and numbered teams loosely as 1, 20 or 30 based on the seedings above. If you have an ex-divisional team in the 666 category, please feel free to submit it to the
SWL Veterans League to play on in spirit!

Also, the SWL QPool is closed. Any team bracketed in the 100 category may now transfer freely to the SWL QPool. The Season 10 QPool will be starting at the conclusion of the Draft. If you dont want to transfer a team, you are allowed to submit a new TR100 Div[U] team as well. Remember though, only 1 team per coach!!

And finally, dont forget to submit a team for the SWL TR100 Non-Progression League. The winner of this tournament will be eligible for the first draft pick (if you want it) in Season 11. Please take this into account as we will soon be announcing formally via the SWL Policy Document that future drafts will be randomly generated, not on season standings.

The Policy Doc will be posted sometime soon!

Well thats heaps! Please read the above carefully...

Clay

[edit - eganra dropping out of draft, and keeping his team going in Regionals]
DM

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds excellent. I'll be keeping a keen ear open for the draft picks...
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

cool, nice to have it all laid out for us on whats going on
andycapp

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
Oooh, the Orcs of Wanna Beatin could well have been in the Premiership again ?!? only joking.

Nah, as Clay has mentioned somewhere before, I am unable to commit to Season 10 divisional play.
I have, however, put those Orcs in the Veterans' League, so anyone who wants to meet DaWall (tm) can have a go there.
In the past week, the SWL has changed greatly - well, it seems that way from here. This is good. It's all good.

Shiny new, sleek pitch images, amazing Pro matches, a reshuffling of the guard. Great stuff.

I hope to see the Donuts make it to Prem for Season 11 - now THAT would be a sight !
Enjoy yourselves, and help these great admins out whenever you can. Their time and effort is appreciated, even if I haven't said it much before. I'll be on from time to time, so catch up with you all then.
cheers all, andycapp.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

DRAFT RESULTS - SEASON 9

Ok, the Draft was conducted on my Donut Laptop and the results are as follows.

1. Sandune - ORC
2. BeefyGoodness - UNDEAD
3. chunky04 - NECROMANTIC
4. whitey - HIGH ELF
5. DM - DWARF
6. eganra - WOOD ELF
7. OldBugman - DWARF
8. Morgy - DWARF
9. danielcollins - NORSE
10. Purple_Tallest - SKAVEN
11. Faibios - ORC
12. Dravaal - VAMPIRE
13. Rennigeb - HIGH ELF
14. savsta - PRO ELF
15. SonofSharkboy - GOBLIN
16. GooseIAm - CHAOS DWARF
17. Michael_Warblade - LIZARDMEN
18. Sparticus - ROTTERS

Guys, you have until Wednesday evening of next week to get your teams in. They need to be rookie, TR100, Div[U] teams.

Once accepted you will be slotted into the Regional divisions.

Also, once you have your team in, make sure you transfer out all your other teams to QPool or Vets.

And just a comment on the draft, very few of you got less than your 1st, or 2nd pick. But there were one or two that I had to delve down your list to reach an available race. I think the motto I learnt is that coaches that went for all one type of race (Rock, Paper or Scissor) didnt fare as well. Guys who had one race of each category in their Top 3 generally got one of those 3. Perhaps a lesson for future seasons.

The league wide final tally was 16 Rocks, 15 Scissors, 16 Papers.

Enjoy!

Clay
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work clay! And best of luck to all the new teams and their quest for glory!

On a related note...you may be familiar with the Cut Throat League...a puppy of a league that clay founded and has now turned over to me. We are about to commence season 4 as an all Aussie (except one yank) Swiss Format . The sting in the tail is the top teams have to execute a player at the end of the season! Check out the group page. CTL group page.

Still time to sign up for season 4 with a fresh TR100 team. It is 2 week deadlines and only COMMITED players need apply. We have gone local to avoid the rash of forfeits...so now looking to consolidate to a STRONG side league with a great deal of fun. Team Management is KEY..so bring your long term dreams on over if you are interested. But be sure to read all the info on the page first. Any questions feel free to pM me.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

YAY! I got Dorfs!!!!!!!!!!!!

*does happy dance*

\ Very Happy \
/ Very Happy /
\ Very Happy \
/ Very Happy /

Oz- looks quite interesting there mate, I'll be sure to have a sneaky peek!
DM

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
[b][size=18]
Guys, you have until Wednesday evening of next week to get your teams in. They need to be rookie, TR100, Div[U] teams.

Once accepted you will be slotted into the Regional divisions.

Also, once you have your team in, make sure you transfer out all your other teams to QPool or Vets.

Just to clarify - we need to submit teams back to the existing Season 9 page? Correct?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=647

Cheers
 Jump to: