33 coaches online • Server time: 09:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Meat Grinder Season ...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Making Assassins mor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

unvote darkside2er. vote Nicodemus1
seriously i just don´t get why a villager should ask after a irc channel. hasn´t he read the rules at all?

furthermore i am convinced that we need to hang people to have chance of winning, so i am not going for a draw with this vote.

for later tactics i would prefer if we can establish a last wish policy. if we hang a villager i would like to see him saying who he wants to get hanged who before he dies and we all vote him next day. this has worked good in earlier games. you can be sure that the vote isn´t started by a evil faction.

at this early stage i don´t really have a clue about who being who. so for example if i get hanged today i would choose some1 randomly and tell you the result (if you already have a clue who most likely is evil say his name instead of choosing randomly). after you hanged me and saw that i am a villager you can all vote that person tomorrow.

i think until there are better ways like the seer telling us some targets this is the best tactic. anyone disagreeing?
GrinningD

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really want to defend the guy with all the connotations that might result, but I think Nicodemus is just new to the game. If read with a non he's-a-wolf eye his question is: does this game (like most leagues and groups) have an irc channel? or do the bad guys and the GM only comunicate through PMs?

Perhaps he was thinking of dropping in the room and seeing who was there, I don't know.

BTW I'm only doing this so that a 1st timer isn't burned on the first day just for asking a foolish question. If he turns out to be a baddie I'll eat my words with plenty of foul, degenerate marmite.
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i can see your point grinningd but this question just makes no sense at all. an irc channel where the evils meet and everybody knows about it?? very foolish question for a villager.

BTW if he turns out to be a goodie i´ll eat my words with plenty of foul, degenerate marmite Wink.

but i really want to hear some thoughts about the last wish policy . i think it´s a great idea and it would help us very much if we get enough people doing this
darkside2er

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Jack, I think the "last wish" is a great idea, the only problem is that the last wishes would have to be posted before voting ends for the night (as no communications are allowed following death), which opens up a massive can of worms in last minute vote changes as the Last wish could aid in deductions of tactics and the like. however, IF we do impliment it, it might be worthwhile working it like the voting system, for example

[b*]last wish: Jack daniels

Vote - GrinningD[/b*]

PLEASE note that the above is NOT a vote, merely demonstrating how we could organise the matter

Darkside2er
darkside2er

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, I am for the Last wish, having thought about it, IF we all stick to it, and vote for the Last wish the next day, it will enable the slayer/hunter/healer/seer to act on their information in the event that we accidentally burn them, thus they dont need to blow their cover unless absolutely necessary (particularly with the slayer/hunter, as other villagers can inherit the roles)

Darkside2er
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

well you should state your last wish just before hanging of course. changes within in the last few minutes happen very rarely
Sziro

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
Nicodemus1 wrote:
is there a Mirc channel for this game? or is the "outside" communication done only by PM´s ?

There should be <b>NO</b> outside communication at all by the villagers, so the only reason for you to be asking that is if you are not a villager.

In that case...

<b>Unvote GrinningD</b>
<b>Vote Nicodemus1</b>

Well well, we have the lucky guy Smile

Vote Nicodemus1

Kk
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a little unsure of the last wish idea, tbh, It certainly seems infe and as Jack says it'd ensure votes weren't started by evil. The only negative I can see is that people might get focused on hunting down the last wish person and ignore/overlook clues that lead to a more obvious/likely target. I think its well worth letting everyone know who you think is a baddie if you look like you're gonna burn though.

So in that spirit, as it does look like I might burn, then I would suggest SillySod. That comment about werewolves just kinda stuck with me. Im becoming less sure about Nicodemus, but Im not gonna change just yet. It does look like newbie behaviour, I must admit.
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucan wrote:
Im becoming less sure about Nicodemus, but Im not gonna change just yet. It does look like newbie behaviour, I must admit.

I'm a newbie too, yet i still found time to read the rules... Wink
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucan wrote:
The only negative I can see is that people might get focused on hunting down the last wish person and ignore/overlook clues that lead to a more obvious/likely target. I think its well worth letting everyone know who you think is a baddie if you look like you're gonna burn though.

evil factions can easily make up clues that lead to likely targets. and as soon as we start talking about stuff like that evil has the advantage. with my system it´s up the villager who just got hung to see those clues. and you can at least be sure that he tried his best to help us.

edit: @lucan: of course you might think that his choice is wrong and stupid but for me the oppinion of a proved villager is much more worth then the oppinion of anyone else (except of mine Wink ) because proved villagers are the only ones we can totally trust

Last edited by JackDaniels on %b %18, %2007 - %16:%May; edited 1 time in total
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie - yeah, me too. Hence no vote change. But some people dont read rules, game manuals, instructions, etc. Drives me mad but until the world finally unites and makes me its ruler I guess Im just gonna have to whine about it online.
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucan wrote:
Chewie - yeah, me too. Hence no vote change. But some people dont read rules, game manuals, instructions, etc. Drives me mad but until the world finally unites and makes me its ruler I guess Im just gonna have to whine about it online.

This is why i wont change my vote towards him. There are almost to many votings for him in my opinion... Looks like an almost perfect bandwagon based on a bad question in the thread - which evils wouldnt take this chance to rip one of us poor villagers?
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Still smells distinctly bovine round these parts.

With my vote now becomming immaterial it will stay on Pacman, i just dont trust someone with a split personality, he eats the wrong bean and goes all mental on the dead, crazyness!!!

Burn the Wakka Wakka, FTW!!!

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn it. Why does everyone have to make good points. Unvote: Nicodemus1 But I may put it back
Sziro

Post   Posted: May 18, 2007 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

This last wish thing is fascinating. Have some point there Smile
May I offer a tweak? The three vote leading guys should post a last wish suspicion, and explanation (if not, we might think he is a bad guy, and don t want to give information). People tend to talk more if in dire situation Smile

Kk
 Jump to: