63 coaches online • Server time: 19:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2013 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Details of how the Swiss works are at the bottom of this page: http://fumbbl.com/help:Tournament+Structure (which is linked from the 'How to create a League' page).

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2013 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

Then, as I play last in my group, I can see if I should win with 4-0 or just 2-0...
Qaz

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
Thank you.

Then, as I play last in my group, I can see if I should win with 4-0 or just 2-0...

METAGAMER! Evil or Very Mad

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It could really be seen in tonights game between Helena High and Azure's Dollhouse that coach BooAhl was not there. Instead he was out on the plains preparing the franchise other great team Hatarna for the final tonight. Helena High had no real game plan. Just Hurt opposite players and roll as much dice as possible. The coolness that great coaches like BooAhl and Orcanovitch has was nowhere to be seen.

In the end it was like the privious games in the LC groupstage. So close to win, but still so far. I could have lucked out in the end. But the bounces and the final rolls weren't there. Atleast I killed myself a Legend, but also lost 2 Stars. 1 due to apo, and the other one froma stone that was thrown from the angry crowd who didnt seem to like that coach BA choose the minor [B] cup instead. But when the Rat Ogre got showed into the crowd, he killed some dozens of the crowd, as retribution to the harsh comments and banners that could be herad and seen, before walking in to reserve box and awaiting T16...
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2013 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the LC challenge stage **

Well FUMBBL fans the challenge stage is coming to a climatic conclusion. Lets take a look and make some bold predictions.

Group 2

Lone Stars looked like they had this one locked up and put away. And then out of the blue they choked, blew it, spit the bit or just got to over confident.

Now they find themsleves in the middle of a 4 team race in the final round.

Helena High finished strong but they are out. This is a 4 teams race in the last round.

I predicted this was going to be a all bash advancement with Chaos and Orcs coming out on top...NOT ANY MORE.

Doll House and Sithis Revenge both gut it out in the last round. Each one taking on the other two front runners and both of them elfballing their way into the final rounds.

Bash VS elfball in a one and done scenario with everything on the line...I almost always lean on elfball to win that match.

Iam going with Sithis and Doll House to advance to the main event.

Group 1

Well they are getting ready to finish out round 3 so still some matches to be played to determine this.

BUT

It looks clear that Ultimate Superheroes are going to advance barring a meltdown.

SO

That leaves the Nandorins VS Casterly rock match in round 3. WHO ever wins this match IMO will advance to the main event. In the case of a draw that just draws back into the race the slann, nurgle and lizardmen.

If you want high drama for round 4 you are a fan of a tie in this match.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2013 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford **

If you like symmetry then it would be an interesting finals if my bold predictions come true.

We would have

2 wood elfs
1 pro elf
1Dark Elf or 1 High Elf

In the main event.

The scenario is still there to have in the finals:

Wood Elf
Elf
Dark elf
High elf

Total Elf insanity in the final 4 grouping of the LC.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2013 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Made a total mess of the swiss round, but lucky to get this far and I've had fun along the way. Sorry if my whining at times got out of check.

Heres to the last game, hopefully it'll go with a bang. Goodluck to all in the next round.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2013 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
** Milford **

Sadly Azure didnt make it. But gratz to Largo for doing it great in this tournament.

Now I just hope that Shusaku will lose so I make top8. =)
shusaku

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2013 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I will totally destroy qaz Team, dont know if I win, but with my tiebreakers I will be ahead of you anyhow Smile.
Largo

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2013 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
PainState wrote:
** Milford **

Sadly Azure didnt make it. But gratz to Largo for doing it great in this tournament.

Now I just hope that Shusaku will lose so I make top8. =)

Thank you very much. I can honestly say I didn't expect to get this far.

Been saved by a miracle a few times now...
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2013 - 21:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

They say that some days the sun even shines ons dogs arse. I mean some VERY weak coaches have won majors, especially recently.

It's all about the fun remember.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2013 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the fall out of the Dollhouse TIE **

Iam at a local bar that all the Dollhouse fans have descended onto to drink the sorrow and misery out. 8 fights already and the mood is dire in this establishment.

Cries of rage against NUFFLE are heard every 5 minutes. One elf has shaven all his hair off in shame of defeat. But the coin is flowing so the bar keep does not mind suffering the elf's misery.

It seems that a Spiro level conspiracy theory is building around that glorious T16 by the orcs. According to this one chap it is impossible with out RNG divine intervention for a orc to throw a LONG bomb, catch the ball, 2XGFI for a hand off, catch the hand off, 2XGFI with a leap into the endzone for the tie.

When I step in to inform this passionate fan that his memory of that final turn is a little off I was threatened with a knife. So the story stands as told.

It was a epic dicing of glorious Orc elfballing with a heroic leap into the endzone that sends Dollhouse packing from the GLT.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2013 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz and I will battle it out in about 30 min
Qaz

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2013 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

shusaku wrote:
Qaz and I will battle it out in about 30 min

Well looks like we wont Sad

Shusaku just called it off.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Dhaktokh