41 coaches online • Server time: 00:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like this new rule?
Yes, it's worth a try
7%
 7%  [ 32 ]
No, but i would like some other way to prevent elfbowling
6%
 6%  [ 28 ]
I don't like elfbowling, but i don't think we can do anything about it
18%
 18%  [ 79 ]
Elbowling is fine
66%
 66%  [ 280 ]
Total Votes : 419

Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2007 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Jan has a girlfriend?

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2007 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Too right. He's hot in an on-screen / minor celeb capacity, and I'm so hot that when I post a profile picture, Jan's new girlfriend will instantly get herself to the local airport.

Nah. She hates n00bs Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
First, for those who don't see what wrong with elfbowling (live and let live, they say), here it is. A team that elfbowls gets fewer casualties than they normally would. This lets them develop the team to a point where they normally wouldn't be able to. When such a team enters a tournament, it then has an unfair advantage over the other teams. That's what's wrong with elfbowling.

Likely someone else has made this very same point, but I'm not going to bother reading the whole thread.

The problem isn't "Elfbowling", the Problem is Rank.

Any open league encourages cherry picking (which is all Elfbowling is in essence). Bloodbowl wasn't meant to be played this way. It was meant for teams to be in leagues, where teams can't dodge other teams (Zons vs Dorfs anyone?).

Get rid of Rank and you get rid of Elfbowling/Cherry Picking.

Good luck with that.
pac

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:

Any open league encourages cherry picking (which is all Elfbowling is in essence). Bloodbowl wasn't meant to be played this way. It was meant for teams to be in leagues, where teams can't dodge other teams (Zons vs Dorfs anyone?).

Hang on a second …

As you just - correctly - pointed out, it's the open league which encourages cherry-picking/elfballing. Not the Rank.

So what you're really arguing is: 'Get rid of the open league and you get rid of Elfbowling/Cherry Picking.' Which I would agree with. Smile (CR has nothing to do with it.)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he meant "Ranked" not "Rank", and did follow up with sayign that will never happen. On the other hand... Craft, WHY did you revive this?????

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So what happens to Bash teams that all of a sudden are playing 50% more vs elf teams? You don't think they'll will bloat their SPPs with all their extra CAS? If you have a bash team and want to play vs more agility based teams then dont load up on MB, Claw or RSC...simple. And don't forget, for Elf coachs, winning the game isnt the only problem, its being competive in your games after. Something that a Dwarf or CD team wouldnt need to worry about playing vs HE or WE. Stupid idea for a 'Ban' anyways. Why, on a free site, would you want to curtail how or why anyone else plays the game....faccist.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

/me slaps Craftburn for reviving this.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If bashers played more Elves, simply put, they'd lose more games. Smile

The theory that Elves can't survive long term playing mixed races is extremely flawed if you manage your team well (and for example don't allow yourself get bogged down by nigglers, in reference to the stat of the thread).

And boooooo thread revival. Smile
Arctaeus

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Elfbowling is fine.
(joins in the debate)
CanvasBack

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently this person had never heard of E.L.F.

"When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him." R.A. Lafferty
WingedHuman

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Please stop necro-posting.....

BAshes thread in the head to make sure the Zombie never comes back alive.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:

Likely someone else has made this very same point, but I'm not going to bother reading the whole thread.

You should have.
Craftnburn wrote:

Right, ranked is the problem, there is no forced cherrypicking in league? Come on, League can be just as bad (if not worse).

Craftnburn wrote:

A lot of people like ranked. I know I do. We have run open league's at our store, and those were the biggest league's we had. Besides, didn't someone just play 100 games of Zons vs. Dwarves and come out ahead? I thought so...

Craftnburn wrote:

Good luck with that.

Bashers lose to elves. A good elf player knows how to stay awayu from bashers. Don't get rid of ranked, because ranked isn't the problem. Maybe a division can be created for league play. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

ban av9 it gives you to great an advantage as you can build your team upto any tr cos you never die . /nods sagely

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I think he meant "Ranked" not "Rank", and did follow up with sayign that will never happen.

Yes, I agree with that bit too.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, this thread seems to have recovered well from... well... death.

So let me instill new life in this rotten body: someone care to explain me why elfbowling=cherrypicking?

The strongest cherrypickers I've ever seen didn't coach Av7 teams, but Av9 ones... (Buskopanz's Skaven team being a quite neat exception).
Enlighten me!!!!!!!!!