55 coaches online • Server time: 22:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Minor changes in the game finder today:

- Matches where the opponent has accepted now get a light minty green background.
- You'll see more matches displayed than before if there are few possible matches for the teams you've chosen.

This may require a shift-reload on your part to see.

great!
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

- Matches where the opponent has accepted now get a light minty green background.

This may require a shift-reload on your part to see.

That is great news. Thank you.
Now a light red background for matches that have been "declined" would be also nice.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

Is it possible that it is a little less light and a little more green? In some screens/color setting it's hard to tell the usual background from the greened one.
Rafe

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2012 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

Is it possible that it is a little less light and a little more green? In some screens/color setting it's hard to tell the usual background from the greened one.

I came looking for this thread to post exactly this. Think i'm getting eye strain!
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2012 - 18:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The most likely reason you're having trouble seeing the green colour is that your screen is not displaying colours properly. In this case, it's likely a problem with contrast. Go check out the Lagom LCD monitor test pages and see if you can improve your settings by going through the process described there.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Request:

When you reach the game offered screen, allow more than 1 game to be offered at a time (if more than one opponent accepts you at around the same time)

Request:
If an opponent clicks the green accept button for your game (game A) and someone else (game B), that other person accepts B, your opponent gets offered game B, you accept A, you get offered game A, your opponent starts game B - your opponent then never sees your offered game A, and even though his game B starts, it doesn't auto decline the offered game A. You are then stuck waiting for your opponent to decide on your offered game A (even though he never sees it), until enough time has elapsed for yours or his acceptance of the game to undo.
Please add in an auto decline on all games once you have started a game with any of your teams.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I sent a bug report in re me accepting a game (my orcs vs dwarves) and ended up in a game with my Ogres vs Slann (a game I had also Green Ticked).

I sent a bug report... if thats not the proper place, let me know.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2012 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Filling in a bug report is the correct thing to do, I don't think you're the first to have this problem though.

Your ticket hasn't been actioned and as has been marked for Christer only. So when the issues resolved, your ticket will be closed, which will send you a pm.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Idea: What if when you joined Fishbowl, a little chat window popped up just like the one we use when spectating matches? Then we could communicate with IRC-phobic coaches!

I suggest this mainly because the very idea of suggesting it offends Woodstock.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

How are your teams arranged when you have to choose teams for the gamefinder, seems completely random, no alphabetical, TV or division order?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
Idea: What if when you joined Fishbowl, a little chat window popped up just like the one we use when spectating matches? Then we could communicate with IRC-phobic coaches!

I suggest this mainly because the very idea of suggesting it offends Woodstock.
Hahaha... Seriously, it's gotten harder to get matches, because everybody greenlights all the cherry games and waits, with no chat window open. Those who do keep chat open stay silent and just redlight the game without so much as a how-do-you-do.

I'm guilty of this myself, except for the bit about the chat window. In the old days, I'd chat or PM everybody I wanted to play, and see if any replied before somebody else went for me; usually I'd take all comers, so I'd get a mix of easier and harder games. Now, I'll look at the recommended teams and their relative TVs and styles, and then I'll accept like 3-5 games and wait until they all disappear, and then accept 3-5 more. Eventually I'll run out of cherries and somebody will play me, or somebody will greenlight me (I have a habit of accepting greenlights if 2 mins with no other accepts, or if I want the game). Same basic result, but takes a lot longer. Not my favorite way to look for games, but hate the game, not the playa.

Maybe the greenlight rule helps here. I had one such match last night, against a team that was up 320k on me. He had great ST/AV and was under CR150, so I took Zug instead of a Wizard and Helmut. Really good challenge, ended up in a tie. Perhaps the green background on accepted games will speed things up.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2012 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with pizzamogul's idea. If people can avoid a match up that's less desirable (Not a cherry) without repercussions of getting the stigma of "picker," they usually will.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2012 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't work out whether that post is indicative of Slater's usual nonsense or the American time zone. I presume the former, since whenever I use lfg or look at games played the situation is infinitely improved. Picking is dead.

I could take or leave the green background, myself. I quite liked the mystery of not knowing which game you tick was coming. It was entirely pressureless on the other guy too, it not being clear who wanted to play him. Both challenges were made without prior knowledge the other guy wanted to play too (entirely killing picking as opposed to it being effectively dead such that we'd not mention it if not for the past). But it's a trivial thing in the wider scheme.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2012 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I am surprised by the idea that picking is dead. Is it that cherries are likely to be picked before you can be sure that they are cherries? Wink

I thought that the whole point of Ranked is that you can choose your match.

If I wanted to play bashers or lizards I could just activate for the Box.
So no, No bashers, no lizards, no zons. Wink

For pre tournmaent prep you don't want to be taking damage. You want to skill players with the minimum effort. In a competitive division finding a nice ripe cherry is good strategy. Wink

There are always going to be people who see tournaments as 'the season' and open games as 'pre season'. The less time you have to play the more important it is to skill/avoid cas in the few games you have.

CRP helps but even so, you don't want to enter a tournament without key players.

And some people just hate losing. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2012 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, be surprised then. I'm glad to be enlightening! Tournaments have nothing to do with anything.

Ranked is no longer the open division of the uneven game. Hurrah.
 Jump to: