15 coaches online • Server time: 05:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

Aenir

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2013 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Navy finishes 1-1-8 And we are bound for another freaking McNurgles...
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2013 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Revised Rankings with strength of schedule factored in...

1 Arizona Girls Gone Wildcats 3.66
2 Ohio State Drunkguys 3.56
3 Missouri Two-Hand-Touch Tigers 3.15
4 ...

What's the math you're using to factor those in? Just curious. Confused

(It moved me from top of the cellar (86%, top of the bottom 6 of 36) to mid-pack, which is certainly good for my ego, and reflects more how I "feel" about the season, but... still, curious as to the process.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2013 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:

For the record, the only reason we let the girls on top was because of our newfound fascination with "twerking" and the fact that every once in a while you gotta save a horse... ride a Drunkguy. Very Happy
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2013 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing wrong with girls on top...oh, the standings... nm...

licker

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2013 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
gamelsetlmatch wrote:

For the record, the only reason we let the girls on top was because of our newfound fascination with "twerking" and the fact that every once in a while you gotta save a horse... ride a Drunkguy. Very Happy

The girls remember it more like the Drunkgays were half passed out and they had to attach strapons to them to make the ride interesting.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2013 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
The girls remember it more like the Drunkgays were half passed out and they had to attach strapons to themselves to make the ride interesting.

Fixed that for ya. Wink

Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2013 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually... I think he had it right. I'm certain I have the picture of them passed out wearing strap-ons, but no doubt didn't get approved by the monkeys Wink
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2013 - 05:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I;d approve that!
Garnak

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2013 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I like ties. :/
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2013 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My Season Recap for the Non-AQ teams.

What a bizarre season for the new teams. Normally after 9 games you find a few teams that are without qualification the best of the best. I'm not sure I can say that this season. Nor can I claim a definitive worst team either as we have 4 bottom feeders (myself included) that merely gave points away like a fraternity gives away beer.

Here is my officially unofficial rankings

14-11
Slaughterville, Butler, Navy, Washing-a-ton

Very little differentiates this group with little reason to give them a specific rank. I will go ahead and give the #11 spot to Washing-a-ton since they managed an extra draw and took 29 casualties.

#10 Gardner-webb Blitzing Bulldogs
It says a lot when your 10th best team has a 50% win rate. Clearly a disappointing season for the Bulldogs who took injuries late in the season and seemed to derail any momentum they had.

#9 Oklahoma Rat-ers
With one game to play this team might just move past Eastern Washington with a strong showing in their finale against BYU

#8 Eastern WA Nordic Eagles
While Eastern Washington did a good job of bashing and scoring (14 TD's) their defense let them down in the end.

#7 We Were Air Force
With one game to play, and likely a win, this team might rank as high as 6 or 5 but ultimately their offense wasn't as potent as when the team was alive.

#6 Army Blood Knights
They're feel deceiving to me with only average offense and defense output. Their last game is a must win to prove that they aren't just medicore. At 4-2-2 that seems an absurd statement but this season you have to beat the garbage teams AND the mediocre teams to rise to the top. So far, Army hasn't done so.

#5 Maryland Terrapins
A merely average defense and losses Army and Air Force leave Maryland out of the top 4.

#4 Wisconsin Honeygrues
Early losses and a tie to Butler probably ended their shot at being the top ranked team in Non-AQ but if you had to ask me which team was playing best at the end of the season? I'd say Wisconsin

#3 Bowling Green Ratbirds
While I'm not comfortable placing them at #3 (my gut tells me if we played 3 more games they'd be #2 or #1) they did lose to my #2 team and had some inconstancy through the season. The #1 scoring team in Non-AQ this season and quite the formidable team.

#2 Slam Diego State Slamtecs
The bash kings for season 16. Solid Offense and Defense and a team that should play well moving into the regular conferences.

#1 BYU Boys
With 1 game to play their only loss is to my #3 team. Wins matter and regardless of what happens in their last game they've won the most games in the Non-AQ division.

In my opinion this has been one of the most competitive leagues I've ever seen. A .500 team ranked #10 out of 14 means there was no margin for error at all. It looks like the Non-AQ teams have put the marginal Conference teams on notice, you better step your game up next season!

Last edited by baelnic on %b %25, %2013 - %20:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2013 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think #1 is clear, but not so clear as for BYU to constitute a tier of their own or runaway winner. #2 to #4 is just a Rorschach test: I'd say Wisconsin-SDSU-Bowling Green, but which one is "better" depends on your tiebreaker criteria: Grue is wilier, I'm rowdier, Wintergreen has better game-breakers. #5 is pretty clear too, and also not far below: Drrek is a dangerous coach, and though Maryland has underperformed the top four overall, they did beat me, so I can't speak ill of them.

After that, I think 6-10 is very unclear. You have the right four teams, but we have to agree to disagree on the order. I'd put Eastern Washington up at #6, and would be inclined to rank them higher were it not for the fact that they got very lucky on Cas sustained. The other three are just very close together. I happen to know that Bullroarer4 is a pretty solid coach, so the fact that I think #10 is not a bad place for him says a lot about the teams out here. But I also think he's gonna beat Redoubter head to head, and rise to the clear #7.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2013 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Girls finish off the regular season with a pretty 6-2-1 record, is it enough to warrant a championship invite?

It should be, assuming you all want to see the girls REALLY going all out for a change Very Happy
Garnak

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The Gators' Booster Club feels embarrassed by this years performance. Needless to say, they will investigate the lack of institutional violations at the end if the year and increase their slush fund dramatically.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2013 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone point this post out to SirOrange for me, my phone wont let me reply to messages and it seems that my internet provider is having issues in our area

ill keep in touch when i can, and apologize for the inconvenience

Don't drop the soap.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2013 - 04:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

done
 Jump to: