89 coaches online • Server time: 21:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2009 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:
I have to agree with SillySod here, non-progression wouldn't work for a KO tourney just because part of the challenge is keeping the team alive through the tourney, if it was non-progression, there would be a certain brand of team that would do much better (leaping WarDancers with no fear anyone?) as they wouldn't have to worry about team members dieing IMHO, and could just use the Apo on the first cas caused, to get an advantage in that game

Again, i'm not advocating non-progression, but if you think that wood elves would dominate in that environment, you haven't been to many real life tournaments!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2009 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I like the thought of non-prog tourneys. Sure, some races might be better in them than others. But as long as those races are different from the same old tourney races at that TR level, I would welcome it.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2009 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see any reason why we should have non-progression tournaments here. All the reasons why this is done in real life tournaments don't apply to the site. Also, non-progression is boring, and might be hard to implement here.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2009 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Non-progression is already implemented.
morraywolfymax

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2009 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, pissed in your crisps!

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2009 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Non-progression is already implemented.

Not in an appropriate form. As detailed in the other thread.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2009 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Another update of the tourpoints. Eyes are on GeneralMarauder, who has the chance to work his way up to the second place in this last tourney.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2009 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight, with some orcs steamrolling some undeads the FUMBBL Tour 2009 ended. Looking back at the thread, I really enjoyed the tour, although a bit of the excitement was gone after the fifth or so tourney. I really like to thank everyone contributing to the tour in general and to this thread in particular.

I hope you have enjoyed the Tour, too and will be ready for the twenty-ten incarnation of the tour, that will pick up early next year. If you have any suggestions regarding this format, don`t hesitate to post it here.

In the end, I also want to apologize for letting up with the commentary, I`m in dire need of a co-commentator.

The scores have been updated for the last time and the Tour standing is now final.

Cheers
CL
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Second overall isn't too bad, i'll take it!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2009 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. For the future of the Tour I have posted my vision here. Feel free to check it out and give feedback, especially on the scoring system.
 Jump to: