33 coaches online • Server time: 00:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:

- IRL stuff. Some of us are grown up adults, who have things like work and family. And for some, FUMBBL is just the 3rd most important thing in life. If someone works a long day and is dead tired, playing BB sounds just bad. I myself work 12 hours a day often, and then after some hobbies I get home late. Usually games can be scheduled so that they are easy to play, but sometimes IRL issues just comes first and without warning.

Sorry? I don't understand.... more important than FUMBBL?

Anyway go Purplegoo! we should make it a ryder cup style comp as there are 5 games to be played.
Since I was annoyingly average and didn't get anywhere near the bowls I'll happily be a sub if any of the other Hammerheim coaches can't make it.

I think the important thing with forfeits is that the coach that is willing to play the game shouldn't be penalised, sure they get a free win and don't suffer any injuries, but if they really need to get the points or rack up some skills then not playing a game can be a big handicap.
Of course you don't want to go overboard, it would be unfair for someone to get to the playoffs due getting loads of points for games they didn't play and may well have lost.

The extra 2 points and the bounty seemed like a happy medium, the bounties ddin't play a huge role in season 2 but they are a good way for keeping top stars in check and the extra bounty may earn the coach some league points.
syspurge

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to drop in and tell you guys how sorry I am that I just disappeared off the face of the earth.

My excuse: I got hired full-time and was finishing my masters degree at the same time as me and my girlfriend was moving to a new apartment. Things have just started to get back to normal now. Sadly, I won't have much time for fumbbl in the near future so I have to back out of season 3 and sadly also from the Bashy Bowl.

I'm sorry that things turned out the way they did, I've played some of the best games on fumbbl against you guys and loved the structure of the league. Thanks Kyyberi and all my opponents, you made it fun to be a part of NFL and best of luck to all of you.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

We all have times like that. But still it would have been nice to get a pm about your situation, so we wouldn't had to guess every week wether you're coming back or not.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2007 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, confusion over the start time has meant the postponement of the Frenzy Bowl. I'll post when a new time has been decided.
syspurge

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2007 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi -

Yeah, I feel really bad about not even PMing. No excuses, really, just a big apology.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2007 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Syspurge. It was a real shame we lost you, the league was much poorer once you had gone, and it will be hard to find someone to fill your shoes for season 3 Sad

If you get the chance to play the odd game, look me up I'll be more than happy to play you again, as our 2 games were 2 of the best I've played here.

I'd be than happy to sub for Syspurge in the bashy bowl. I think it would be good to develop a bit of rivalry between Hammerheim and Bllodsville, like there was between A & B, as I payed very little attention to Bloodsville as it wouldn't affect me till the regular season was over if at all.

If we can get some grudges started now it could make season 3 more fun. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2007 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If those Bowl teams (apart from Frenzy Bowl, of course) have some trouble to get game (as in with syspurge) you can have a sub for either coach. As long as the coach who is subbed (is that the right word?) agrees on it.

After all, they are just a show-games for fans, so it doesn't really matter that much if one team is altered. As long as we have the game played.

But please inform me and the rest of the league about the alterations. Send a PM and preferably post a game time and who is facing who in to this Forum.

And btw, I just sent a group pm about the new NFL website for Season 3. Remember to post any comments on that too.

edit: Oh, forgot the URl for the website. NFL website. Anyone is free to comment.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just watching a replay of NFL Pro Bowl, and got this idea of having similar event instead of these 4 Bowls we have now in post-season.

Basicly every team nominates 2 players to Pro Bowl, so there will be 16 players from both Conferences. And then those teams play against each other. As it is impossible to play through FUMBBL, the rosters have to be made manually. And then the game should be played on another server or something like that. I dunno, but SWL and NWL are having similar all-star games, so I have to ask them how it is done.

And as it is not a part of FUMBBL, all injuries and spp's and whatever is lost after the game. Just for fun and show, as real Pro Bowl.

I think that the coaches to play that game should be selected through lottery. I thought about giving 1 ticket to lottery for each played game. So those coaches who play all their games have a slight advantage in lottery.

How does this sound?

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar - I like the sound of that, if the time and proxy were announced, I think it would gather a high percentage of the league's coaches as spectators. I know I'd watch. The web page looks as if it will be very nice when the season is all up and running. A pretty good recruitment tool for season 3.

Good work, I think.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a brilliant idea.

The only question is deciding which players and which coaches. With the number of teams in the league, it works out very nicely that it's 2 players per team. But beyond that - should we just let the coaches pick? You might get a team of all throwers, for instance. Should maybe the player with the most SPPs be an automatic pick? I.e. a fan vote? Or maybe the coach picks one and his divisional opponents vote on another? Finally, it might be a good idea for three or four nominations to be made, and then have the coach who has to play with them (or Kyyberi, perhaps) to pick a playable team from those choices.

And with regards to who coaches - some options other than a pure lottery are to let the Frenzy Bowl coaches from the past season play it, or to let the coaches with the best records for that season take the reins. Or let each conference vote in secret ballot to Kyyberi (can't vote for yourself). That would take playing ability and personality into account.

Thoughts?
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we'd have to limit positional somehow, otherwise you could end up with 8 big guys on each team! or a team of 16 catchers.

Maybe each conference would have to get together and send out some PM's with their best players and then come to some sort of agreement, I think bountied players should be given priority as they are obviously hated for a reason, in fact how about we just choose from the bountied players?

As to choosing the coach I'd rather it be down to a vote, I think it should be about fun so the coach who was most enjoyable to play against would get a chance rather than who was just the best.
I'd be happy for Lemf to represent Hammerheim, even though I've never played him, I admire the way he kept going despite losing so many players and not managing to win a game.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
I think bountied players should be given priority as they are obviously hated for a reason, in fact how about we just choose from the bountied players?

I'm going to assume you just didn't put any thought into this.

Even if there were enough bountied players to make a full team, there certainly wouldn't be much choice to make a decent team.

More importantly, bounties are placed for a myriad of different reasons, i.e. on a 2 SPP Black Orc for killing a favorite player, etc, not just because a player is any good. On top of that, some coaches/teams draw a lot of bounties while other don't receive any. That doesn't mean there aren't worthy players on their teams.

Now, I wouldn't be against someone collecting all the most hated players together for a real bloodfest, but I'd much rather watch a couple of my favorites contribute in real all-star fashion.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, one good rule might be that big guys are forbidden. And then every coach just nominates 2 players to the game. If there will be 5 throwers, then there will be. After all, it is just for fun, nothing serious.

Or then every coach nominates 3-4 players, and every coach gets to vote on those players. That means that I will receive 16 pm's with full of names, and it takes some time to figure them out. But that's ok.

Or for some "real" NFL action, every coach nominates 5 players in the start of the season, and after every round opponent gets to vote on them. And then after the season 2 of those gets to Pro Bowl. And that voting is updated to website. Not that hard to do, but again it requires some extra work for participating coaches. Are everyone up for that, I don't know. It's not that big effort to send that pm in my opinion, but for my experiences on running tourneys it might be that hard for some of the coaches.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the all star game is great! Absolutely NOT to the bountied player method though... i want my players to have at least a snowballs chance, and since my ogres suck, noone bounties them. Some method of voting by the coaches, cause we're also the fans, and I try to keep up with my opponents players. The secret ballot for coaches for the game is a great idea, and what i would have suggested if i was faster and more imaginative. YAY for good ideas!

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Spubbbba is spot on. Lemf for Hammerheim! And - for glory! Smile

I'd not retire Curie until after this game, then. I reckon he'd be of some use to the Hammerheim XI!
 Jump to: