37 coaches online • Server time: 14:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What about a Space Marines League, now that it can actually be feasable!

Space Wolves vs Alpha Legion anyone?

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No tanks? Very Happy
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

THE DAY HAS COME!

Space marines to the pitch!

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD PRIMARCH
no, sir Commissar. totally NOT heresy. totally.

awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Severedunit wrote:
Power Armor = Block

that would put the scantily clad norse and pro elves in a completely different light...

buuface

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Go away
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Did someone mention 40k?

Say hi to my version of a Necron roster! I have not designed these intentionally to be OP or to be of any threat to the original poster's Space Marine roster. I went forwards with the intent to create what I belive would be the right direction for a true Necron roster - one that might compete with the likes of Dwarves or Orks of the LRB6 stable, except in a 40k league.

I used this icon as a basis for this team. Image

I have no blue versions or side views these are really just mock ups, I am not too great with this kind of thing Im sure others could make much better Icons, but I made them for the fun of it!

NECRONS ROSTER

Image 0-16: Scarabs: 60k
5,2,3,8: Dodge, Regeneration: A|GPS

Image 0-16: Warriors: [s]90k[/s] 80k
4,3,2,9: Regeneration, Thick Skull: G|APS

Image 0-6: Flayed Ones: 130k
5,3,2,9: Claw, Dauntless, Regeneration, Tackle, Thick Skull: S|AGP

Image 0-2: Wraiths: 160k
6,4,3,9: Claw, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail, Regeneration, Stab, Thick Skull: AS|GP

RRs_50k
Apo_No
Necro_Yes

STARS:

Necron Lord: 280k (no icon for this one but this is the statline and skill set Id go with)

6,4,3,9. Block, Leader, Loner, Mighty Blow, Pileing On, Regeneration, Stab, Thick Skull

Being Necrons Regeneration across the board was obvious because they do tend to get back up from a seemingly destroyed state often - they can put their selves back together so Regen suits them nicely.

Even though Scarabs look like they should be a stunty positional I felt them having Stunty would be too detrimental to the team and it doesnt really fit the Necron theme. They are the weakest player on the team and they have the lowest AV but even so they aren't easily taken of the pitch due to their average armour and their Dodge skill. A access on these seemed the only logical choice.

Beacause Flayed Ones and Wraiths are the power players of the team I felt giving Warrios any offensive skills to be too much. With AV9, Regen, and Thick Skull - taking out Necron Warriors is going to be difficult, considering their low MA and AG I felt this to be the right fit for them. G access, because they are the general unit of the team.

Flayed Ones Claw skill was easy, Dauntless because lets face it, they arent afraid of anything. Tackle might seem OP on this roster (and it probably is) but again with low MA and AG they kind of need it. Plus if one of them gets close enough to hit you more than likely you are going down fast. Thick skull on these aswell beacuse you know.. made of metal after all! S access only because these have no interest in picking up balls or dodgeing away from anything.

Wraiths Claw again obvious. These things are mean as hell and as such Frenzy was an easy pick. Regen and Thick Skull because Necron! These have long tails and they can/do use them to penetrate the living causeing great pain and death I seen it in the pc strategy game 'Dark Crusade' intro movie! so the Prehensile Tail and Stab Combo seemed right to me (i love Stab and tend to fit it in where I can, guilty). A & S access, because these are the team's true monsters, and Wraiths are always a nightmare to deal with. A instead of G because these arent built for general purpose.

I feel like these players should lean towards the expensive side of the table. Being machines hell bent on killing everything it was obvious to me that they would come to the field prepared in such a manner. Being expensive is good because a rookie team will not be at full strength in the beggining, tho will still be tough to deal with however (much like Nurgle), but as the roster hires more Flayed and Wraiths things will start to change.

Was fun making this roster! Would be good to see an actual 40k league one day, I'd love to use these to chop up some silly men in tin cans.

Last edited by deyempe on %b %22, %2016 - %12:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work, though those warriors seem a tad overpriced

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ops, yeas I originaly gave them Fend but removed it because that would be overkill, I forgot to reduce their cost afterwards. Im guessing 80k would be the right price but because everything else is so expensive 70k would be the ideal price. But 80k would fit the theme!

Thanks for the comment, and input!
 Jump to: