27 coaches online • Server time: 11:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, because it's the playoffs!

Schedule your damn matches and let everyone know when they will be.

Very Happy
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Islands and I will be playing our game sometime today. He has already agreed to let me win.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

*iskabis
Stupid autocorrect
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You feeling night? Or afternoon?
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably within the 1-4 CST area.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Game on
cyric612

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2013 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Me and Jeffro are scheduled for Tuesday at 8:30 central.
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Joplin Disasters 2 - Snarkville Smurfs 1

Joplin started with the ball, trading hits with the Smurfs. It took both teams a few turns to warm up and start removing players from the field, but the Disasters got their ball-carrier through to the goal line during the process. Joplin stalled for the turn 8 score. Snarkville laid better beats in the second half, including an RIP on already injured rat Roy Whitehead, but Joplin was able to land a 1d Pow on the Snarkville ball-carrier, and their goblin stole the ball and took off. A lightning bolt laid him low, drawing the team apo to prevent a perm. The Smurfs grabbed the ball back in time to score. A failed OTT attempt sent the game to OT, with Joplin receiving. Pitch Invasion caused some problems. Joplin moved in, taking out league SPP leader Jokey Smurf, but their ball-carrier was blitzed down. A failed GFI on the pickup attempt ended Snarkville's turn, but the ball bounced into the arms of another Smurf. He was taken down in turn, but Joplin's goblin also failed a pickup. Snarkville's Greedy Smurf did not, but got stuck against the sidelines and failed a dodge. The Disaster dark elf snagged the ball, and after a failed Smurf block tried handing it forward, but that failed as well. Both teams were long out of rerolls at this point. Joplin never got the ball again, and Snarkville recovered it on turn 8, but failed the pass for the TD attempt, leaving the game to be decided on the penalty shootout. The coin flip did not come up Smurfs.

A sad departure from the league for last year's champion and our league CAS and SPP leader. Good luck in your future endeavours, Iskabis!
Iskabis

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Like usual, I made my mistakes, got some lucky breaks, and had my shots at victory... but nuffle just didn't quite rescue me in the end the way he usually does. And really, after the dicing I gave Joplin the last time we met, I was probably due.

While it would have been nice to go out on a high note, this is actually the first time I've ever seen a game still be tied at the end of OT, never mind having it actually occur for me. So at the very least, the Smurf's had an interesting final game that ended in a unique way (for me, at least).

So I certainly have no complaints. Smile

I will miss playing the Smurfs; having a ball carrier like Greedy on a CD team has been quite an experience. That said, it's been a good run for me, and it is time to move on. I wish everyone still in the league the best.
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

A day after the Season VI main league champs were eliminated, the Expansion champs were taken down. Read on...

Surrey Serpents 2 - St. Luna Cardiac Cardinals 1

Pouring Rain derailed St. Luna's initial pickup attempt, leaving the ball free right behind the centre of the field. Neither side even tried to pick it up for the next while, concentrating on bashing - a scrum that left Star skink Arland Bruce dead. The ball finally bounced into the hands of a saurus, who was unable to break free. A skink ran over and took the handoff, but a chainpush let the Cardinals take him down. St. Luna failed another pickup, and Surrey was able to grab the ball and take off. St. Luna got a sidestepping wolf in to mark the ball-carrier, and Surrey was unable to shake him off, but he in turn couldn't spring the ball. A dodge finally got the ball into the St. Luna end zone.

St. Luna got a blitz to start the second half, but did not collect the ball, and a Serpent ran off with it, scoring a couple turns later for a two TD lead. The Cardiac Cardinals pushed forward, springing their ball-carrier with a rerolled block, but failed a GFI in an attempt at an early score. A pickup failed for St. Luna on the next turn, and while turn 7 saw the ball scooped up for a TD, it was too late for St. Luna to try for an equalizer.

Blazer heads into the AWC finals against licker short a developed skink, but acquired regular skills on two sauri and another skink during this game. Garnak will have to trim down to the salary cap and look at rebuilding for next year.
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The last rookie team falls from the playoffs, and we are down to the final four...

Alethkar Shard Warriors 2 - Mackville, WI Pro Bowlers 1

Mackville opened with a risky two-turn TD, lobbing the ball over the head of an AG5 wight en route to a waiting journeyman. The Pro Bowlers got another turn off a Blitz, but a deep kick and a snaked GFI kept them from capitalizing. Alethkar collected the ball with a werewolf, but he was lightning bolted for a KO, and Mackville ran in to take it. Dump-Off and Nerves of Steel kept it in the hands of the Pro Bowlers for another turn, but on that turn hired star Jordell Freshbreeze hit Skull/Skull on a block and failed the Loner roll. Alethkar reclaimed the ball and moved it downfield. Mackville failed to select a blitz action with Jordell at one point, leaving the ball-carrier unhit, but Side Step and Blodge still kept the ball-carrier stationary. Mackville was low on players, though, and could only manage a -2d block on turn 8. That failing let Alethkar tie it up.

The Shard Warriors didn't get a good turn to start the second half, knocking only one Pro Bowler down to no effect. A reroll used on a block coupled with the ball sitting on the sidelines made them decline the turn 1 pickup. Mackville swarmed the backfield, and Alethkar made the pickup with their AG4 wolf instead of the Sure Hands/Side Step one to reduce the chances of a crowd scatter. He didn't have anywhere safe to go, though, and hung out on the sidelines behind a flesh golem. Mackville got players in place for a 1d surf, and the throw-in went back near midfield. A Pro Bowler got to it and tried a pass, but that was fumbled. Alethkar stunned the two nearby Pro Bowlers and grabbed the ball, and a Leap failure from Jordell let their ball-carrier get clear. Ahead in bodies, Alethkar used blitzes and fouls to stun and KO any Pro Bowler who came within half a field of the ball, scoring on turn 8. Four players was not enough for Mackville to pull off a OTT.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

T'was a game filled with drastic rolls for the Pro Bowlers last night... we either rode the rail en route to smashing the pocket and CRUSHING the pins... or we slid into the gutter... (way more gutters than strikes though). The Warriors only had to play a conservative granny roll down the middle to hit pins and make a few key spare pickups to overcome our reckless and flailing effort. Fun game though, even if it was out of ours hands by the 8th frame.

Good luck, Cyric!!
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Aw, come on! Cyric wins things all the time, don't wish him luck!
cyric612

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Muahahaha
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2013 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah...

Even with the atrocious dice Jeffro had to deal with, he still tried a few too many high risk plays.

Oh well, the dreams of an all elf final have been dashed :p
 Jump to: