12 coaches online • Server time: 04:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
raestuart

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow I watched that nurgle/necro game and it was brutal, and I gotta tell ya most of the times it was a comedy of errors and pain. If they could screw up the simple they did, and they ended up each with half or more of their teams in the KO/bh/or si it was a game played with 6 guys each!. I was in the crowd and was the guilty one cheering for the necros that popcorn mentioned (sorry but horsepool is my cards partner Saturday popcorn nothing personal :)besides his SI on the last hit of the game hurts u, and I play you next, and well thats good for me right? and then I see the bloody DP player tsk tsk.
snooze

Post 4 Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

hello everybody im a cold viking from sweden who got lucky and got the Orcs?!? never played them before so this will be funny.

i are most online after 20.00 central europe time.

//

Snooze
Popcorn

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Rotters played another game tonight, this time against woodies. Talk about outlucking your opponent!

The final result was 3-1 in rotters' favour. Kickoff results say much about this match: 2 blitz! and injury time, which enabled rotters to score, doing 3+ pickup, 4+ pass, 3+ catch and 2+ gfi (no rerolls).

Elf lineman with kick skill got killed, apo couldn't save him. Another lineman was beat up by the crowd and will miss the next game.

Rotters didn't suffer any injury, Donkey beast played well and earned 'guard' skill, while 'Donkey trainer' fell into the pool of oil and got a mutation - big hand.

Rotters are very happy with the first win and +ff. Money they earned will be spent in that way:
20% will go to the fund "Let's by a friendly rotter to help clean-up the pitch";
15% will go to orphans of the city "Halflingville";
65% will be spent on beer.

Dwarfs await next week....
raestuart

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed it was bad, the worst bar none, game I have ever played. Popcorn forgot the perfect defense he got on a kickoff, and also didn't mention the fact of 5 attempts to pick up the ball I failed all of them, now once I used a reroll and he picked it up and I threw it one square and of course the fouled it up! meanwhile on the 8th on 2nd half hes picking em up and throwing long bombs with dodges to score.... GRRRRRR and this merciless,evil,brutal man with 1 bh, 1 death (of my only skilled player) and 4 or so in the KO actually decided to crowd push me (guess it was ethnic cleansing of the elves week) and injured the guy for a game so now I goto the khem 1 man down and with no skilled guys and a new doc cause the old one died in a tragic "accident".

Please Dwarf's give this man his comeuppance!!!! a bounty of 10000 gps to the guy who kills his DP player!
tuggnut

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know what I did to the nuffle to deserve the Dwarfs first followed by the Ogres, But it must have been bad!! While I was happily suprised to survive the dwarfs in good shape relativly, the ogres did not fail to live up to the billing. Killing two (in back to back hits) followed by a BH and SI another. While we do mourn the loss of one of our own, the other was a Temp so no biggie! With a little luck who knows we might have even been able to pull out a tie! But thanks to some great coaching on the other bench I am saddened to say the Darkies lost Sad But a well deserved congrats to GrinningD and I pity the fool who has to play his ogres, I pity the fool!
snooze

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2007 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The coach told us not to drink that dwarfish shit, but we dident listen.
well we couldent do anything right. not block,foul and so on and we understand when we play like this! the fans leave us for the necros
nebji

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2007 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Game 2 for the Short and Curley's against the Norse Storm of the Steppe

The coach had had some stern words to his team during the week after such a pathetic outing against the pesky wood elves and this game was going to be different.

It started with a bang, winning the toss and getting a quick snap on the first possession of the game. With a very small but hostile crowd of 18,000 in attendance, it didn't take long for the Centaur Homer J. Simpson to score the first points of the match and incidentally his first points of the tournament. On the subsequent kick-off, Homer J. again made himself useful by utilizing the blitz on the kickoff and hit the right Norseman to gain the ball on the kickoff. However, in the following turn the ball was jarred free as the Norseman attempted to even the score. One particular nasty lineman managed to score a major hit on a Chaos Dwarf which wrecked his knee, luckily the doctor was on hand to repair the damage and allow the chaos dwarf to continue in the game. As the first half was about to come to a close, the Norse appeared set to score with a lone lineman within spitting distance of the end zone only to have two hobgoblins think fast and come back into a zone defense. When the Norseman went to dodge for the score he tripped and the hobgoblins were able to regain the ball and get it back to the half way line as the first half ended. Not a bad half for the Short and Curley's although the coach was unhappy due to their numerical advantage, the score should be far wider gap.

As the second half got underway it appeared that the Norse coach had given his team some stirring words, as a vicious block by Hanni Bowl ended Zutroy's game and life permanently. As a couple of Norseman including their catcher went down one flank, the thrower and a bunch of lineman got caught up in a brawl on the other. A block by Homer J. Simpson on Dhingis Khan the Minotaur saw them both fall to the ground but Homer J. had enough sense to use Dhingis to break his fall, and subsequently put him out of the game, being badly hurt. A sigh of relief went around the team as they knew it was only a matter of time before one of them got eaten or worse. In the following turn in heavy traffic, the Norse thrower Subudai panicked and threw a pass into double coverage, and yet again, the centaur Homer J. managed to intercept the ball. Two turns later the centaurs speed was able to get him across to the opposite flank where he went in for a score. 2 - 0 and the crowd appeared to have gone home. This appeared to nail the Norse, who managed to get the ball deep into Chaos Dwarf territory only to have an unbelievable final shot in the dying minutes by the Short and Curley's to seal the game. An amazing pick-up and long pass by the hobgoblin Smilin' Joe through coverage to a fellow hobgoblin, who then ran and handed it over to Homer J. to finish the game with 3 scores, a casualty and an interception. A posthumous MVP went to Zutroy now left to become fertilizer.

A hard hitting game ended with a coach a little happier that some of his players came together. Next game is K-d striders, an orc team looking to improve from their previous match which ended in a draw. Stay tuned and we will have all the highlights here at the home of the Blood and Gutz cup.
ashotinthearm

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2007 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

so two games in for the 'ankle biters' and things aren't looking ace. couldn't lay a hand on the tricksy dark elf scum or the ball during the first game. then came the mighty khemri, and when a khemri team gets a luck rating in the 70%'s then it hurts, thick skull or no. i found myself finishing the game with just 4 dwarves on the pitch. had one moment where i almost pulled off a fabulous pass and dodge routine thanks to the only highlight of the season - my ag4 runner, but the receiver got closed down soon enough and the khemri claimed the ball again.

anyway, i'll be entering the next game with a trollslayer replacing the dead long beard, so he'll have fun playing with the concrete donkey. it should be interesting, and if i'm really lucky we'll see a reversal in the 'biters' fortunes... ; )
raestuart

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2007 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Jesus if there were only 4 dwarfs on the pitch, what are they going to do to my poor abused wood elves, first the damn Cd's,then the stupid bloody beast-men (who I thought were going to be an easy game but nooo) they decided to drive me to the mat and injure/kill elves, then I get these walking corpses from hell I get a nice soft elf match then its straight back to the damn ogre team!!!!. But march forth we shall to beat these seemingly unstoppable undead bastards!

(we are now accepting bounties on the injured Khem and donations to the family's of the fallen elves in advance)
SirOrange

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2007 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, after the beating we took in our first game against the Orcs, the remaining 8 Elves were brave (and a little scared), and took on the mighty Skaven team. With 2 men on the bench recovering from their injuries and the memory of a lost teammate fresh in their minds, the Elves went out to prove that "Elves are dodgy" is a myth. They were sucessful. After almost scoring on the opening drive, the elves were helpless as the Skaven ran all over them for a 3-0 win, hurting and even killing one Elf player who was dumb enough to try to make a play.

One of the Elf players was heard to say, "What is the point of Ag4 if all we roll are 1's? Even Ag2 players can do that." If it could go wrong for the Elves, it did. And to make a bad game even worse, the dead player got the MVP. Up next for the Elves: 8 Elves vs 9 Dark Elves, should be fun Smile
raestuart

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2007 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well our brave wood-elves went out onto the pitch vs the dreaded and mean spirited, rough ass Khem team. We lost the game 0-2 (I have been on a real streak when even my opponenets are feeling bad for me) but they at least our sex elves can be happy about several things. 1 They didn't wuss out and concede like some teams have, even though they had 4 guys on the field consistently. 2 nobody died, even though a stupid mummy put one out for the next game, and a skelly spent many rounds with a DP trying to hurt my war dancer until he did indeed send him out to the medics for the remainder of that game. 3 even though our streak of being unable to throw one single short pass for 2 games, and the constant blitz's my opponents seem to be getting continued, I now face normal elves and can hope for a more civilized game : )
4 my tree sent a mummy out of the arena in a stretcher just minutes b4 it to went out with a broken branch in a hit from a skelly no less.

Sir Orange I await u or and i call for elves of all flavours (yeah even u darkys) to unite and truiph over these bruiser basher bullys!
tuggnut

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in Game 3 for the Dark Elves was a tale of two halves. The first half started off Swell with two strait blitzes against those lowly "regular" elves resulting in a quick TD. The Elves R Us quickly responded with a TD of thier own, followed by the Dark Elves going into the half up 2-1, but just before the half ended the Elves R Us team, sick of being out elved came out guns blazing and quickly injured 3 of our beloved Darkies, killing our Assistant Captain The Wicked Witch of the West, leaveing her two sisters (Glenda the Good Witch of the North, and Evvamean The Wicked Witch of the East) very unhappy. Now with the Darkies down 6 elves to 8 it was hard to keep the Elves R Us team from scoring, which they did right off that bat, but we were able to stall and delay enough that it looked like another tie was about to be eeked out. But on the last play of the final turn the Elves R Us team pulled off the hail mary for the game winning TD. Congrats to SirOrange on a well coached match, may the Darkies fare better vs their next opponent the Orcs!
Popcorn

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Game three for Concrete Donkey, review.

We got to play dwarfs, and what a game! No casualties at all! :]
It ended in a peaceful tie 1-1, with no permanent injuries, no fouls commited, no rocks thrown from the crowd. Still it was one of the most exciting games for both teams.

After losing the coin toss, rotters kicked the ball deep into the enemy field, kick off result was 'bad kick', the ball didn't go out of bounds thou.
First half took all our rerolls quickly. Turn 1 got double skull/pow, rerolled it to double skulls. Turn 2 got double skull/pow.
On turn 4 the team managed to block a ball carrier and knock the ball out of him. Next turn our superhero Donkey got knocked out and stayed in the dugout for the rest of the game, eating some grass. Same turn brave Donkey Rider took the ball just to drop it on a failed gfi.

On turn 6 Peter Mayhew was helped into the crowd and spent the rest of the half in the stands.
Turn 7 gets the second place in the competition of 'the best turn in a game'. Dwarf runner has the ball and sees a flaw in a rotters' defence. He runs near the endzone, now only one square separated from touchdown line. He goes for it, fails, rerolls it successfully, then goes for another one to score and trips, gets stunned and loses the ball, which scatters to the crowd and gets thrown away in a different location. No touchdown for dwarfs. The half ends, 0-0.

Second half Donkey and Donkey Barber both stay in KO box to chat about democratic elections in North Korea. Rotters receive the kickoff, having fielded 9 players and facing 11 dwarfs. Kick off results in a blitz!, which complicates things. Luckily troll slayer gets double skulls on blitz action.
Surrounded by dwarfs in turn 1, Donkey Feeder desperately tries to dodge away, but later fails his gfi and lands on a lose dwarf helmet and gets badly hurt! Dwarf runners go closer to the ball, rest of the crew surrounds the beastmen. Things look really bad, but Donkey Trainer's heroic efforts make Turn 2 "the turn of the game"! It went the following way: Trainer makes a dodge, picks up the ball, makes another dodge, passes the ball successfully to "A kingdom for a donkey!", which dodges from a longbeard and runs towards the touchdown line. Technically speaking it was 3+ 2+ 3+ 5+ 4+ 3+ 2+ with one reroll.

Dwarfs get mad, two longbeard go near the ball carrier, while troll slayer blitzes one beastman just to roll a skull.
On turn 3 ball carrier fails to dodge from longbeards and loses the ball. Then runners fail a couple of gfi and both teams have no rerolls left. That's why dwarfs can't reroll double skulls on turn 4. Finally rotters score, after Donkey Chronicler gets the ball and runs to the end zone to score with a gfi. 1-0 after 5 turns.

Donkey and Donkey barber have more to discuss in KO box, so they stay out of the game. 9 vs 11 again. Kick off results in quick snap.
On turn 6 Donkey Cleaner tries to blitz the ball carrier, but fails gfi. Same turn dwarf Metcalfe blocks a beastman to get a skull and a knockout - first drops of dwarf blood cover the pitch.
Donkey Breeder complicates things after failing a dodge and getting knocked out at turn 7. Then dwarfs use their 4 minutes per turn limit to master a plan "how to tie a funny game". They set up a good protection for the ball carrier. One beastman is brave enough to try a not-likely blitz on a ball carrier, but, after dodging successfully, he fails his gfi. Dwarf runner ties the game on dying seconds.

Final result: 1-1. After pulling off almost-impossible pick up and completion, Donkey trainer gets an MVP award.
New player joins the team - Donkey broker. He is slow and smelly - just what the team needs!
Next game versus Ogres. Again, should be a tough one.
nebji

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2007 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Game 3 for the Chaos Dwarfs Short and Curley's saw them come up against a Green Horde, the Orc team K-d Striders on what was going to be a hot and dry game.

Chaos Dwarfs lost the coin toss and were stuck kicking off. The Short and Curley's were able to nab the referee but there was a sense that it may not be needed (these are nice dwarfs). First turn to the Orcs saw the troll attempt a lead block only to roll skulls and hand the turn over to the Chaos Dwarfs. The Chaos Dwarfs moved up heavily on one wing which was proving to be a problem as they got bogged down against the sideline being picked off turn by turn. In the early turns, Zutroy (the second) managed to lay the smack down on the lone Black Orc to send him out of the game with a concussion only to have the doc come out for the Orcs and pump him full of smelling salts or something but the Black Orc was only stunned. The effect on the team seemed to mark Zutroy as a dwarf that had to go. Zutroy took a hard hit soon after and seemed to be put out permanently but thanks to their own doc he was only stunned. However the pain caused to Zutroy did not quell the lust for his death in the Orc team and soon after their Troll put the hurt on Zutroy again and this time there was no coming back. Poor Zutroy has now been killed 3 times in two games. With Zutroy dead, and many players KO'd or back in the dugout, the Orcs managed to score on their turn 8 of the first half. With time winding down on the subsequent kick-off the Chaos Dwarfs managed to put the Orc thrower out for the game with a luck hit as the siren sounded the end of the first half.

The second half started with an early break by Homer J the Centaur moving down the field with the ball... all he had to do with go for it to put him far enough ahead to not be touched going into the endzone but on the first gfi, he tripped with sure fit. He was knocked prone which was going to be a pain. In the next two turns, a sneaky goblin came back to get the ball and was heading back towards the half when his own gfi tripped him up. The centaur in a hope to get the ball back moved back to the goblin only to trip again on a gfi. It was turning out to be a hard game for Homer J. While the fight for the ball was going on on one wing, the other saw an old fashioned brawl with the chaos dwarfs ending the game for another orc. It was at this stage of the game that the heat began to take its toll on the troll who was losing his ability to concentrate and stood still for a turn. An orc blitzer was able to gather the ball and make a break to try and put the score 2-0 up, but the centaur got into a zone defense and as the blitzer attempted to dodge and score tripped and managed to kill himself amongst his boot laces. It was at this stage the Chaos Dwarfs managed to get their groove on and the centaur picked up the bowl heading down his wing to score on turn eight un-opposed to make it 1-1, as the chaos dwarfs on the other side managed to put a goblin out of the game and a lineman out with a knee injury that was to have long lasting effects. After the score the Orcs only managed to line up with four players to the chaos dwarfs seven. A painful game was coming to close with a lot of carnage on the Orc side and a lot of luck on the Chaos Dwarf. Ending an enjoyable but nasty game.

Coming up next is the necromancer team Prinny Squad, with the hope that they get a little mashed before making it to the field. We look forward to seeing you here again, same BAT TIME, same BAT Channel!
raestuart

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2007 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

OK we had a big game between the ogres and the necros probably the most spectators game I have ever seen, half our league was watching and cheering for both teams. I play the ogres next so I'm cheering for the necros, and my friend nebji is watching as well and he plays the necros next so naturally hes cheering for the ogres. Its a brutal game where the necros put the serious boots to the ogres injury wise making my next game easier in theory (I have lost so many games of late its not funny!). Then a mistake gets made (due to one players GF "distracting" him)

And a game which should have been a win for the necros became a tie do to a gf and a goblin not being seen! so the spectators start kibitzing in the stands and I see there were 6 of us all watching and cheering and booing and laughing! heres hoping the ogres being down 3 gobos and a ogre will mean a win for our poor winless wood elves (I so wanted the orcs)

Added to post!

I then watched the dark elves lose to the orc team in pretty form fashion, but get this, the orcs lost more orcs by the elves the other way around, when poor snoozer lost his agil 4 blitzer in a freak hit by a wuss, the orc doctor (Nick Riveria ND)apparently had been sipping way to many martinis and well the blitzer left the field in a shoe-box.

AGAIN we had a interesting game which was made even more interesting by the running cracks and commentary between me and arw in the stands.

Since I cant win a game I might as well watch and commentate eh?

BTW Once round 5 has begun we will be having a referendum on rules for season 2 in the forum, on certain issues that have been brought up sooo if you have a rules/season/playoff issue ud like on the ballot please let me know.
 Jump to: