46 coaches online • Server time: 17:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
I don't expect a representative survey, however:
blood, Blood, BLOOD!
27%
 27%  [ 145 ]
I only foul for tactical reasons because thats when I can get away with it
45%
 45%  [ 242 ]
I fit the elf stereotype
12%
 12%  [ 65 ]
Fouling makes me feel Manly (no gender offense intended)
7%
 7%  [ 38 ]
I join Werewolf games to burn innocents FTW!
7%
 7%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 528

DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Groundblitzes are manly. t16 groundblitzes are for real men.

That and I'm playing to win, maim kill destroy...and win. So unless i got something more important to do, such as score, I'll gladly throw a boot in your face.

Not always, but when I feel like it, most definately. The more you know me, the more likely that boot will come too!

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think context is important with this stuff. If it's a tournament, T16 fouling should be expected. If I'm playing a cool Undead/Necro coach and they haven't 'recruited' a player from me yet, I'll probably be shouting "FOUL" at them in T16! If the game is over and someone T16 RIP fouls you in an open environment... Who really cares <i>that much</i> anyway? It just gives you an excuse to kick ass in the rematch!

It does smack of being a bad loser (or I guess winner) a bit though.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

So if it's all about winning the game, why do people get upset, if someone, instead of scoring and thus getting the equalizer, fouls instead? After all, that turn 16 foul just won them the game, surely they should be happy at that, right?
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

A great read pac! Was one thing missing imo: that on fouling valuable players to get them out of tournaments etc in the hopes that the team will do badly and indirectly influence your team in a positive way as in the next match against said team will be easier to win if they've gotten beat up in the games since your game due to having less players and so on. End ramble.

Fouling should always be done at the first opportunity that arises. There is no excuse. Rather you should have an excuse ready if you didn't foul Wink

Shrap

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say I found a MAJOR cherry picker today and I think that's a greater evil.
Frankie

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The secret word for today is (not mudshark, but) ethics! For all the lawyer-wannabes out there. Wink

And since my previous post didn't get any publicity, I off it here for all of your joy: Hurra Torpedo

Last edited by Frankie on %b %12, %2007 - %17:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Meech

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

3 pages and I feel like I went retarded. More than before... it is that bad. I t16 foul Prinz almost everytime we play because it is funny. I know that he will still be willing to play me again. It is funny to me that the coaches with the worst rep (deserved or not) on Fumbbl (Synn, DreadCloaw, Wuhan, PaulHicks, Plorg, Emphasy,Burnalot, your mom) easily get games. I wonder how that happened?

@Shrap: Cherry picking is against the rules, make sure you fill out a support ticket. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Only decent reasons to T16 fouling:

1- To prevent opponent from scoring the winning td

2- To have a chance to score the tie/win td

3- To get the second casualty and the +1 to FF roll

4- If you play a friend and you know it's likable for both a good bloodbath

5- Your opponent acted like a total ass during the game, spoiling YOUR fun. Then you should feel compelled to give him back a bit of his own medicine.

All other T16 fouls give you nothing but seriously risk to piss off your opponent. Which means you are ready to have amusement at the expenses of an opponent who is likely not to like the way you would get it. And that's something I don't like, because in the end it's all about having fun together. Note: you are right if you say "but my opponent is wrong if he's sad because of his pixels dying, and I'm trying to train him into the proper way of having fun", but it's a pretty lame excuse to mask the fact that you don't really give a damn about your opponent's feelings, and you think only yours are the right ones. Which is, incidentally, wrong.

...And then there's those who T16 foul just out of spite. They are as lame as high TR woodelves with two MA11 surefeet sprint oneturners.

My 2 pence.

edit: I'm talking about open situations like Ranked, of course. All is fair in love and Leagues...

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %12, %2007 - %17:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont really care about t16 foulers, its the ones that are losing and instead of trying to get some spps or score to make it more respectable they just gang foul your guys instead. If fouling was your strategy all along then waaheeyy but if you change your tactics to simply main because your losing, well, that makes you a tosser. Smile

Although as has been mentioned before, tournaments and leagues are different Smile

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
quickie

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

4- If you play a friend and you know it's likable for both a good bloodbath

yeah i would stop talking to any of my good old stunty-friends if they stop fouling me in T16! Evil or Very Mad
Shrap

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it really against the rules?
How would you prove it?
I think that if you saw this guys team stats you couldn't not think he wasn't a cherry picker.
He ALWAYS plays up TS and by quite a lot if he can get away with it.
I'd throw this guy under the bus is a second.
Meech

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The Rules as set forth by Lord Christer, King of Fumbblania wrote:
Coaches are expected to play reasonably balanced games. Play against lower rated teams is allowed, but should not be abused. It is understood that sometimes teams need a recovery game against a lower ranked team after a particuarly bloody game, but excessive play against lower ranked teams creates an unfair advantage and will not be tolerated.

Smile

I have yet to see that rule enforced, although I did see Shadow get banned from #fumbbl for pointing out someone that was Cherrypicking

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
1. Less turn 16 fouls means less injury to other team. That's only beneficial to you if it stops the other guy fouling you, a nicey, nicey agreement not to play properly.

And outside leagues what the heck GOOD does T16 foul do? NOTHING! YOU don't benefit from it. All it does aim is cripple opponents team with no drawback, no danger and for no benefit of your own team.

Doesn't help you to win the game. Doesn't give you SPP. Nothing, zip, nada, zero.

Completely useless act of spite.
Shrap

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if that was enforced this guy would be history if someone reported him.
Shrap

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

untrue tneva82 it counts towards your FF roll...if you have only one cas you should T16 foul.
 Jump to: