29 coaches online • Server time: 09:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Antipodal Regional Shield - Round Two

Karak Varn Anvils 0 - 2 Ronto Szellemek

I’ll be the first to admit the Anvils got lucky in their first round win. But in this match I have to feel Nuffle took his revenge a little bit too far! Fair play to BlackOrc though, he used the good dice well and once things started going sour he really gave me little chance.

The game started with the underdogs, Ronto Szellemek getting a handicap, knuckledusters. This turned their star ST 4 werewolf, CsipdMeg into a possible carnage machine. The runesmith decided to bestow a rune of agility on Ludih Lowsmiter. The theory being that having a mobile tackler (who just so happens to have MB!) could be a real pain for Ronto Szellemek to deal with.

Ronto Szellemek won the toss and decided to receive. The Anvils set up pretty classically but kept their players far enough from the sidelines to avoid a first turn surf. The drive started well for the necros, KOing a longbeard and stunning a few more. It was to later be discovered that the dwarves had shunned their armour for this match in the hope it would give them a chance of keeping up with those nippy wolves. It turned out that they just ended up being stunned every time they went to ground! Throughout the whole match Ronto Szellemek had remarkable luck with the block dice and armour rolls (failing barely a handful). Fortunately for the Anvils their injury rolls weren’t nearly as good so the team still has a future!

The necros started to press their drive down the left flank but one turn they left a possible opening for the Anvils. With a slayer knocking down a golem it left a hole for a longbeard to mark the ball carrier and for Ludih Lowsmiter to dodge away and sack the unfortunate ghoul. The ball scattered close to the dwarves but too far for them to actually recover it securely. Next turn BlackOrc’s necros proceeded to try and clear the ball but had to resort to picking up while the ball was still marked by dwarves. He managed it though and took a few steps back into what the wight hoped was safety. The Anvils however had other ideas. With Guh Flamecut using his extra turn of pace to provide the assist for Ludih who again dodged free to blitz, they managed to get the ball loose a second time. The lack of pace began to tell at this point though as the shorties just couldn’t get to the ball.

The necros this turn managed to secure the ball and CsipdMeg began the drive for the endzone. The Anvils got frustrated at this point with a third blitz resulting in a skull on the ball carrier and ending any chance of getting to the ball. It seems that once the pressure was off the dwarves they were able to perform. They caused five casualties this game, all at unimportant moments and on fodder zombies, who regenerated. This was at least till the end of the second half when Dalo managed to niggle Bosszu.

Ronto Szellemek scored in their last turn of the half and the dwarves prayed to Nuffle that the luck would turn in the second half. A stupid setup by the Anvils coach meant that their star runner Sug wasn’t in range of the ball and after some blocks on the line it was left to Eeri to collect the ball. He fumbled the pickup and the Anvils pretty much resigned themselves to this not being their game. The necros swamped the ball but the Anvils thought they still had a chance to rescue the drive, hopefully by surfing a couple of wolves! The dwarves pushed a wight onto the ball as he was on his way to meet his fans, but the scatter was good for the necros landing in the hands of a ghoul and with no dwarves free to mark him. With a swift change of direction to the opposite flank the dwarves looked like they’d be in trouble.

Somehow the dwarves managed to mark the wolf and the necros needed a lot of luck to take down Sug on a 1d block and make a run for the line (one of at least three 1d POWs at key moments for the necros throughout the match). With no way to get to the wolf the Anvils sent a couple of players chasing while the rest decided to take out their frustrations on the unfortunate necros who were left behind on the break. With the score 2-0 and only four turns left there really was no hope of salvaging anything from this match for the Anvils. They started a bit of a drive but a misclick gave a premature ending to an Anvil turn allowing another break by Ronto Szellemek and what looked certain to be a third touchdown. Only a failed gfi and subsequent failed pick-up prevented a rather unflattering score line for the Anvils.

A terrible result for the Anvils. The dice were definitely against them but it was BlackOrc’s good use of his awesome rolls that completely removed any chance for the Anvils. Best of luck in the tourney and I look forward to a rematch in which Nuffle isn’t quite so involved! Smile
SteelThunder

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2007 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

ALBION REGIONAL SHIELD SEMI-FINALS: P.E. Public Enemy vs. Zorn Uzkul Slavers

An excellent fight this one was. Lady luck had her hands on this one though and she is clearly a PE fan! The Slavers started out with a huge block and kill on Chckalakh, but thanks to the PE apothecary, he was tended too.

Luck went bad quickly for the Slavers though as the skies clouded up quickly and the field was covered in snow and ice in a Chaos Storm. The Slaver ball handlers were caught off guard because they couldn't seem to get to the ball, allowing the Enemy to close gaps quickly.

Some nifty dodging and blitzes from the P.E. popped the ball loose into a fury of blocks and bouncing balls. PE Hobgoblin Razor Raze finally made off downfield with it, only to get blasted by a hired wizard for the slavers.

No sooner that one of the Slavers' Bull Centaurs scooped up the ball, that Public Enemy unleashed the bum rush with a wizard of their own, allowing the Distributor of Pain to get to the ball and score.

The second half was another battle and fans hit the pitch in an invasion, taking a toll on the Slavers and allowing the Enemy to advace the ball. Some big hits on both sides of the field left players in the KO and injury box and it was just too much for the Slavers.

The Slavers did manage to pop the ball loose but the PE hobgoblins came hitting harder than their CD masters and KO'd one bull centaur and injured a dwarf, leaving the Slavers sorely outnumbered.

Upchuck-D was able to get back to the ball and hold out for a late game PE score and secure the win. A tough game, no doubt, but the forces of chaos and luck favored Public Enemy in this battle. They advance on to their first final of the Albion Regional Cup.

Well played game by coach Azrahn, who did the best he could with what the dice dealt him.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Final of the Middenheim Challenge 8/07
Gothenburg Geckos vs World Warrior Elfs

-------------------------------------------------------
Gothenburg Geckos had the margins on their side in the matches up to the final of the Middenheim Challenge, but things looked bleak on game day. The rain was pouring down which would have a hard impact on the ball handling of the skinks. The World Warriors Elfs on the other side were skilled enough to cope with the conditions.

The dark elves won the kickoff and the ball sailed short because of heavy wind and a slippery ball. This allowed the elves to swarm the LOS and push the sauruses and kroxigor down. The remaining sauruses cut off what looked like an offensive push down the left flank and the dodge killer Huanitza went after the witch elf, but without success.

The brawling continued on the muddy pitch, with some knocked out players on each side. The dark elves formed a cage, but the sauruses quickly broke through. In a crucial moment Steelthunder lost focus and caused a turn over after being caught by a dive tackler, which opened up for a block on the ball carrier. It went better than I could have hoped for with the ball carrier knocked out and the ball scattering into the hands of the saurus.

Ottahuan tried to break free with the ball, but was caught up by the hated witch elf which one blocked him down. This was followed by a huge skirmish on the increasingly muddy and slippery pitch, where the Kroxgor the kroxigor was entreched firmly with the ball and the other players battled out for an edge around it. The half ended in a stalemate, but it was the Geckos that payed a heavy toll for their struggle. While the dark elves could muster all their players in the 2nd half the Geckos lost their two key players. The block tackler Huanitza and the prime scorer Boqitza.

The 2nd half proved to be extremly frustrating for the Geckos. The skinks had a horrid time trying to pick up the ball, which lead to many chances for the opponents to block it off and snatch it up.

The dark elves continued to live up to their reputation and KO'd sauruses at an alarming rate. The blocking game worked excellent for them, with fortunate 1 dice blocks and great AV breaks, while their dodges were less impressive. The Geckos on the other hand didn't impress much at all and despite countless cages around the ball it always seemed to scatter outside of them when the skinks fumbled the wet ball. Things turned for the worse when the opponents showed their superior technique, dodging in and snatching the ball up from situations far more complext than the skinks failure of even getting it off the ground.

Practically the whole match was played within 4 squares from the LOS. A set-up which should favor the lizardmen, but it was the dark elves that succeeded in the bashing game. Ironically the only times the ball seemed to end up in the Geckos possession it was when it scattered into the hands of the sauruses. But they always lost it in the following turns. The teams switched possession of the ball or the strategical position of it every round, often fueled by inapt blocks from the sauruses or awful fumbles from the skinks.

Surprisingly it was a heroic effort by a skink that saved the match. After making a mess of the entire match the fresh recruit Cuaq-quet suddenly showed his potential. He leaped off the back of a saurus and intercepted a throw, which put him behind the bulk of the dark elf LOS troops. For once the sauruses managed to create a safe zone and the skink ran out of blitzing distance. Jake the Snake managed to get away from Kroxgor and shadowed the skink, but it managed to dodge away and run in a TD in the last turn of the match. A freak TD, but it felt deserved after seeing so many fumbled pickups during the match.

The Dark Elves didn't have enough time to try to counter and the Geckos had pulled off another tight win, this time securing the Middenheim Challenge Cup!

The Geckos finally achieved their first tournament win after falling in the final of the Royal Rookie Rumble XLVIII.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2007 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcland Wooden Shield 8/07 - semi final
Wrath of Amu Nesehu vs This should have been a stunty

------------------------------------------------------------------
Two khemri teams facing off against each other is always a recipe for...well, not a bloodbath, but a bonebreaking...something. And the Wrath of Amu Nesehu, who had seen the cowardly Gittaz skaven flee before them and forfeit the match, were aching to take their frustration out on something.

It started amazingly. The foundation for the win was established in the first quarter of the match. A bad kick landed the ball on the mummy Anakha Neshe, which in retrospect was a stupid move. But the bashing was good! In turn 1 Baatul Tun BH'd Fungusmaster and Sekhet Imune KO'd Netcarrier. This established a dominance right from the start.

The khemri or squig herders or whatever they thought they were lined up a gangfoul on Nesemu, but didn't accomplish more than a stun. Abasi, which made his debut, had an amazing match. He BH'd the opponents dp in turn 2 and followed up with another BH on the AG 3 Prodhandler the following turn, which regened. This was followed up with Elahbi fouling out two of the mummies which left the opponents with a big shortage of players. Things didn't approve when their blitzer failed a GFI and shattered on a rock, ending his unlife once and for all.

Both teams quickly ran out of rerolls, and Nesemu destroyed the Wrath's chances of GFI'ing a TD when he failed a block. This allowed Fungus Brigade to dispose of the thro-ra Nefertum. The hald ran out and the only more notable thing to happen was that Elahbi got ejected when he gangfouled his 3rd mummy.

In the 2nd half the Wrath started with a big advantage in numbers. 11 players vs 7. The opponents had 3 mummies, 2 thro-ras, a blitzer and a regular skeleton. It looked hopeless, but the winds of fate turned for a while. On their first turn they put two of the Wrath's players out of commission, and then the rest tied themselves up mostly in 1 vs 1 fights.

It ended in a real nailbiter. With rerolls again quickly running out Nuffle had a lot of room to play tricks on the teams, and it ended up in a really bizarre fashion. Somehow Amuzus snatched the ball up and began stumbling his way towards the end zone line. The AG 3 Prodhandler tied him up, but exposed himself to a blitz from the frenzied Sekhet Imune. I looked forward to crowd pushing him, but instead to my horrror roll 2 skull/pow's and when I wasted my last reroll it ended up double skulls instead.

Despite seeing Gus having even worse luck I just couldn't believe it. What a way to not win. But Nuffle hadn't finished. The following blitz from Gus ended up double skulls as well. Bizarre. Amuzus inched himself closer and closer to the end zone, but I didn't dare to GFI him to safety after having see so many bizarre failures. This allowed the blitz-ra to catch up with him for a last 1 dice blitz. Skull again! I couldn't believe it, but Amuzus finally completed his TD and the match was won with just one turn to go.

Thanks for the match, Gus. It was truly a weird one. Luck didn't manage to even out in the 2nd half, but at least for a while it kept you up enough to make it damn exciting Smile See you around!

Edit: Oh, to make up for outlucking you one of my mummies age niggled on his 2nd skill roll.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2007 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Winners of Orcland Wooden Shield 8/07 - final
Wrath of Amu Nesehu vs Scrubs fo life

---------------------------------------------------------
I should have guessed that McMagnus would be lurking there in the final. We have a long history of Orca-Cola matches behind us, and although I have defied his higher CR and won more matches McMagnus dealt such a devastating ass kicking to my norse team earlier in the week that I was a bit afraid...and the beginning of the match didn't calm my nerves.

The Scrubs fo life won the kickoff, but the Wrath won the ref. A fair trade I thought, but that was before I knew what a horror show the first half should be. My proud khemri was simply bashed beyond imagination. McMagnus seemingly soft necros broke armor with just about every block during the first half and towards the end I had 7 players in my KO box and 3 regular skeletons remaining prone. Having the ref was by the way as useful as bringing the microwave over on a camping trip. The warewolves were like little supermen just laughing up at my skeletons who kicked their toes off on their prone bodies. I should have been in shock, but I have seen this before with mr McMagnus. When he beats me he tends to do so in a way that leaves my inner child crying.

Graciously he allowed me a ciggarette break during halftime. After touching the idea of throwing myself out the window I realized that I wouldn't succeed with suicide either, so instead I head for the fridge and lined up the cold ones. No, not the lizard steeds you warhammer nerds...beer!

Since I had maxed out on 16 players to allow myself to foul properly (none of the finalists had dp's...which is weak for necro and khemri teams) I could muster a full line-up. But it was not a very impressive one. 2 mummies were still in the KO box. Somehow against all odds I managed to cage myself across the pitch though. I was just waiting for Nuffle to shoot me down, but to my amazement I got some fortunate turns in and equalized in my 8th turn.

McMagnus got a lethal chance of an upset win anyway since the ref, despite sitting comfortably on my big bag o' bribe money, decided to rewind the time for injuries. Only a failed 1 dice block kept us alive for OT.

Here I got my big break. I won the kickoff AND got both my mummies back. A bad kick scattered the ball into the hands of Sekhet Imune, which I wasn't overwhelmed with. Scoring with a mummy deep on your own side is not as easy as it may seem. They are hard to knock down, but with MA 3 they are also very easy to box in. Slowly but steadily I inched my way across the pitch, at first aided with good fortune but towards the end ending up behind. With only 6 or so squares remaining McMagnus attempted a desperate -2d block with his ghoul. 2 * clean hit was like a fresh salt injection into my still bleeding wounds from the first half. It was clear. This would go to a coin toss. I don't win coin tosses.

But then it happened. Reality ruptured and Nuffle mistook me for someone else. I actually won! Not a great victory since a tournament final just shouldn't be solved by a coin toss, but none the less a vicory. And after what that rapist McMagnus did to my poor Groggers just days earlier I could allow myself to feel a bit justified.

Thanks for the match! After the first half I couldn't imagine this match ending up exciting and even less a win for me. I'm looking forward to our next battle. Then it's your turn to call for revenge! Wink
SteelThunder

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2007 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

SEPTEMBER 2007 ANTIPODAL REGIONAL SHIELD MATCH, ROUND 1.

S. PITTSBURGH STEELERS VS. BROKEN TOOTH WARLORDS. 3-2 IN OVERTIME.

What a nail-biter this was! Another clash of the titans as coach Azrahn runs into whom is turning into his nemesis, Coach Steelthunder, who suffered another close defeat in the OCCS.

This time around we kick off September 2007 Antiopodal Regional Shield match. The human team of the S. Pittsburgh Steelers took on the Orcs of Broken Tooth Warlords. A brutal battle, and one really unkind with dice rolls on both sides of the pitch.

The Steelers rolled into the match after losing their starting QB thrower and also having cut niggled blitzer James Farrior to make room to fit under the TR cap for this tourney.

The Steelers won the coin toss and quickly moved down field with a short pass from the very agile Jeff Hartings to TE/catcher Heath MIller, #83. Miller scored quickly and the Warlords were coming hard.

A flurry of pushes and bad blocks left the Warlords drive stall slowly as they had given the ball on a touchback to one of their Black Orc blockers. The Steelers tried to hit them with everything they had and the orcs seemed to break free on a hand off to an orc blitzer. Quick work on a blitz from #43, Troy Polamalu knocked the ball loose with a strip-ball move and the ball bounced out of bounds and was tossed to an upright orc, who caught it. That orc quickly went down on a pow and the the orc passer Qog Dedeye caught it. He too got powed and the ball was knocked loose again.

It looked like the Steelers had stopped the Warlords 1-0 but on a quick play Qog managed to dodge out to the ball, pick it up and pass it to the orc blitzer who scored on turn 8 of the 1st half. Tie game 1-1.

The second half would see just as much action as the Steelers, now on defense, managed to slow down the orc push and break free on a chancey blitz play that left Blitzer Larry Foote in position to sack the ball carrier, pick up the ball and run free for the Steelers second score.

The Warlords pushed back and the Steelers were unable to hold them back this time, as they scored at the end to put the game into overtime. The Steelers got the ball in the overtime period and were able to break free due to bad orc blocking and Tommy Maddox was able to hand the ball off to an open receiver in #11 Quincy Morgan, who was able to rush down the sideline for the winning score in sudden-death overtime.

A very challenging game that really could have gone either way. Nuffle likes the Steelers in this one and luck saw them through. Congrats to coach Azrahn for a very good match once again.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't we start a new thread for september? Or at least change the title Smile
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I was planning on starting a new one later on today. Changing the title sounds like a better plan though Wink
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, might as well make it a monster thread with all OCC match reports Smile

I hope you will find the time to make match predictions this month too!
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Antipodal Regional Shield 9/07 - first round
Rolling Rats vs Gothem Geckos

------------------------------------------------------------
The first round of the Antipodal Regional Shield was an interesting encounter. Lizardmen vs skaven. Lots of well developed blodgers amongst the Rolling Rats which would be a huge threat to my no tackle team, but a potential bloodshed since they were badly understrengthened. It would, by the help of circumstances, turn out to be an amazingly entertaining and exciting match.

The pitch was a real oven when the match started. The sweltering heat and the bowl shaped arena made it extremly hot. The Rolling Rats rat ogre Mick Jagger got so badly effected from the heat that he passed out before the match started and missed the match.

The skaven won the kickoff, but the Geckos had prepared well and lined up a perfect defense. Despite the well placed defense the skaven got a good start. They ran circles around the sauruses and the lizardmen showed signs of not blocking very well. Chiquet got knocked out early and the Rolling Rats could manage an early TD through a rushed pass.

They made a mistake in not conserving more of their energy though. They took the lead but exhausted their own players. 3 of the runners and one of the storm vermin were too tired to keep playing and needed a break. For the Geckos only the key LOS player Gormazda got exhausted, but they were on the offense now and didn't need him that badly.

Suddenly a loud thunderous crack rolled over the arena and with it a tropical rain like few non djungle dwellers have ever witnessed. It would haunt the Geckos during the rest of the match, since the skinks had an awful time handling the ball in the whipping rain.

The pitch turned into a muddy marsh under the trampling feet of the teams. The sauruses kept having a very hard time blocking the skaven and were at times pushed back by their substantially weaker opponents. Kai-Otta was ripped badly by the grotesquely clawed Stig, but the Geckos countered when the kroxigor Huanhuan hit one of the skaven linemen, flinging him through the air and badly injuring him.

The poor ball handling from the skinks threatened the chances of even mounting an offensive. The evil Bloodshed ran in to cover the ball, but was attacked by the frenzied Gorhuan who pushed him off the pitch. He landed amongst the Gecko fans and while he escaped with his life he was too badly beat up to continue the match.

Through much struggle and frustration Quetloq managed to pick the ball up and run in an equalizer in the final seconds of the match.

The rain kept pouring down during the half time break and the exhausted players quickly recovered. The Geckos had a skink knocked out and the Rolling Rats couldn't shake life in their razor sharp clawed Stig. The Geckos observed the sneaky skaven bribing the ref, but were powerless to stop them.

The Geckos recieved the ball, but the skinks were still mostly just slipping around in the mud. And the bad blocking game continued. The mighty Huanhuan embarassed himself when he went down on an assissted block (3d block) on one of the skaven linemen. In the confuzion the skaven runners went for the ball, one of them knocking out Teploq in the process. Gorhuan charged the beefed up runner Ross the Boss and managed to knock him out by a frenzied charge and at the same time the crowd roared in delight when Gormazda landed a clean punch on another skaven lineman, visibly dislocating his jaw and putting him out of play. Still the skinks failed to pickup the ball though, to the frenetic booing of the crowd.

The skaven were short on players and the Geckos did all they could to box them in to prevent their agile dodgers. One such attempt worked out great when the defensive specialist Erik Adams tripped over some legs and badly injured himself.

A third of the half was now spent and the skinks were still too confuzed by the pouring rain to pick the ball up. Finally one of them picked it up and starting running down the pitch, but he didn't come far before one of the skaven runners had jumped him and sent him sprawling and the ball splashing to rest in a puddle of water. The Geckos incredibly bad blocking game seemed to cost them the match and the Rolling Rats likely won some fans from the way they stood up to the sauruses.

After some struggle the hard stopped Quetloq snatched the ball up and proceeded the offensive charge down the pitch. The skaven were surrounded by an amazing effort one of the skaven blitzers broke free (5+) and stopped the skink with a swift kick (clean hit on my blodger). Gorhuan who had played awfully in the beginning of the second half (failed 3d blocks 4 times in a row) got his act together and charged after the ball. He landed a ferocious punch in the back of Scott Colmbus, snapping his spine and leaving him crippled. Time was running out now and the skinks just had to pick the ball up and rush it in, but in the bloodshed and chaos they couldn't find it. (Double failed pickup roll for the 5th time during the half) So the match went to overtime...

After a brief break it was decided that the Geckos would recieve the ball, this despite the ref still being in the skaven team's pocket. It looked well for the lizardmen, since the opponents could only field 6 of their players and the Geckos had a full line-up, but the rain was still pouring down and the team had played badly during the whole match so far.

Nobody could see the ball when it was kicked. That included Gorhuan. So when the ball landed in his hands he was as surprised as the rest when he didn't drop it. The skinks quickly formed a cage around him and lead him across the pitch. This success was countered by the Geckos overpowered LOS making a mess out of things in the front. (Rolled double skulls on the first block in both turn 1 and 2). Cuaquax got his leg snapped off and his shrieks of pain pierced through the roar of the crowd.

The Rolling Rats played heroically and despite being badly outnumbered they fought their way through the LOS, dodged away from their opponents and kept landing succesful blocks on the cage. Teploq was one of the unlucky skinks that was knocked out as a result of that.

The Geckos looked like they would grind to a halt close to the end zone line when the skaven finally broke the cage, but Gorhuan showed yet again why he is the crowd favourite and pushed Ross the Boss off the field with a frenzied charge despite still holding the ball. The skaven landed badly on the protective fence and was left injured on the side of the pitch. This finally broke the skavens spirit and they couldn't hold him back from rushing in the winning touchdown.

A fantastic match came to an end and even if the Geckos were deserved winners the Rolling Rats can be very proud of their effort. With such big hearts they will surely be a force to be reckoned with in the future.
--
Thanks a lot for this one, Real! It was one of the most enjoyable matches I have ever played. My crappy blocks and pickups were so frustrating and the match so exciting that I was almost shaking in the end Smile
I wish you all the best with your team and hope we face each other on the pitch in the future!
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Middenheim Challenge 09/07 - First Round

Middenheim Mausoleum 2 - 1 PinBall Map

First OCCS game of the month! This match was really decided by the Mausoleum's mummies. Both managed to score two casualties for the first time in their careers. These along with a smattering of KO's meant that PinBall Map were always shorthanded and going to be chasing the game.

First half the crowd started things off by throwing a rock and KOing a Mausoleum ghoul. This brought the numbers to even but it didn't last long. Eldwulf killing Skavenger with the first block of the game. Fortunately the apothecary was on hand to re-attach his head to his shoulders. He didn't stay on the pitch long though with Anlaf "accidentally" treading on his ankle and in the process making sure that rat wouldn't be running anywhere too quick again. The Mausoleum scored in the last turn of the half.

A TD down and with seven players against eleven it looked tough for PinBall Map. After a quick drive down the left the Mausoleum couldn't quite get enough players to the rats and after a pass and hand-off the rats scored the equaliser. This left the Mausoleum most of the half to go for the winner and they went for a slow and grinding drive scoring in the last turn to win the match.

Good game for the Mausoleum who took no injuries and will be looking to progress in the tournie. Thanks again to Mazzix for the game. Looking forward to meeting you on the pitch again soon!
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Albion Regional Challenge 09/07 - First Round

Church Of The Damned 0 - 3 Fully Furnished

The Furnished were on fire this game! Nuffle was clearly on their side and they couldn't fail a thing. They managed an astonishing blocking display causing a record number of casualties for them and receiving none in return. To top it off they managed a final turn pass, hand off and sprint for the line that any elf would be proud of! For the Damned on the other hand it was a sad day with them appearing to have got a set of dice without a POW. When they did manage to convince the Furnished to lend them their dice they couldn't buy an armour break.

Much respect to RealMadns for taking the bad luck and still having some good banter in chat. Was a fun match and I look forward to seeing him again in some of the other tournies this month!
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2007 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Antipodal Regional Shield 9/07

This was one of those games when the luck metre stayed high for both coaches. The Poets scored at the mid point of the first half but despite a spirited defence could not stop the Texans from scoring in the last turn.
The Poets kicked off 2nd half with 10 v 11 despite having KO'd the only Texan catcher. It was soon 9 v 11 with the death of John Keats. The poets again used their delaying defence but were out manouverd, leaving an easy score open for the lone star boys. They however chose to stall at this point usually a good tactic verses elves. But this gave the poets a chance to put some tackle zones on the ball carrier. With re-rolls running out for both teams it came down to the agility rolls. First the humans failed a hand off then the out numbered elves (7 or 8 v 10 I think) managed dodges and a blitz a pick up in a tackle zone and a dodge out to recover the ball. A further dodge out by Robert Graves and a two-turn run to the end zone decided the game.
The lesson here is stall if you think its safe but remember it could just cost you the game!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1835464

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2007 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

OCCS Amorical Regional Playoffs 9/07, Rnd 1
Apocalyptic Climax 2 - 1 Morgue Maulers

These two teams have a history together, meeting once before in the OCCS. That game finished 3 – 0 to Apocalypse but resulted in, then, star Werewolf being seriously injured.

This time the Maulers looked meaner, and an excess amount of Tackle meant that neither Ghoul nor Werewolf would be safe - and with Doom and Gloom reducing them to just 2 RRs, there was little room for mistakes.

The game got underway with Apocalypse receiving. Not long into the drive Apocalypse were under the cosh with their DP being sent off in turn one, their star Golem double skulling himself into the SI box and several Zombies vacating the field of play to leave them greatly outnumbered.

Thankfully, a burst of speed from Crimson Canine after the Maulers had gathered to gang foul the remaining Golem at the opposite side of the pitch left the Maulers well out of reach of him, and although a stall would have been the better tactic, the few numbers that were tied up, and no RR at hand meant that a Turn 6 score was necessary!

1 – 0

Rain began to pour, adding pressure to the Maulers’ return. The Maulers drive was concentrated at the flank but the deep field ghoul failed the pickup. Apocalypse were confident of stopping their attack, but another ill fated double skull block from Star Werewolf, Bloodline of Dawn, suddenly dashed any hopes and sent him to the KO box. The Maulers moved just within scoring distance, requiring a single GFI on their next turn, and tied up the remaining Apocalypse players before making the handoff.

The combined efforts of a Wight and Ghoul allowed Canine to get into the TZ of the ball handler, but this was only a token gesture of a defence, aimed more at making the Maulers take more actions, and naturally invoke the wrath of nuffle. The Maulers, still unsated for blood, went on a blocking spree hitting almost everyone… finally nuffle kicked in and gave them a double skull towards the last of their blocks, a rerolled success left them dodging the ever present GFI 1… they collided with it head on!

We stopped pulling our Hero faces and rejoiced!

Second half and the rain was still coming down. The Maulers went to their right flank but were quickly met with a host of ghouls, and werewolves whilst the Wights and Zombies slowed down the Maulers players. They shifted their move through the centre and towards the left flank. Although a risky blitz, requiring a dodge and 2 GFIs could have given the opportunity to stop the score, Apocalypse opted to blitz a defender out of the way and put 2 markers on the ball carrier, one with tackle. With no one else close to the ball carrier the Maulers had to dodge out… he failed, spilling the ball. Bloodline of Dawn wasted no time in removing the other close by Ghoul from his feet and stunned him… then ensued two turns of bumbling Ghoulishness, as Apocalypse’s sure-handed ghoul failed to pick up the ball and move it to safety… eventually, despite having to dodge twice and pickup within a TZ the Maulers Ghoul nimbly showed us how it was done and got the TD leaving us just three turns for a tie breaker.

1 – 1

We feigned to one flank, tied up as many players as we could, then as the Maulers committed their men to stop us, Canine made a blistering run to the other flank, taking himself out of reach from the non-zombie players of the Maulers, and requiring a brave Zombie to dodge out and make a 1d block. The opposing coach proclaimed it was all over, but we weren’t so sure. A brave Zombie did just that, and POW… the game was going to Sudden Death!

Thankfully, in Sudden Death we received. This time we took our time to ensure the safe passage of the fumbling Ghoul to the end zone without a single block being attempted on the blodging ghoul… in turn 5 of OT the game was won 2 – 1.

====
A pretty tough game, but expectedly so. GG Prez.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2007 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

OCCS Bloodweiser Cup 2007 - round 1
Gothenburg Gitz 1 - 2 Blitzburg Stealers

-------------------------------------------------------
The Gothenburg Gitz are starting to lose their reputation. After their impressive win in the Middenheim Challenge they have lined up bad performances in the OCC tournaments and the Bloodweiser Cup turned out to be another fiasco.
The Blitzburgh Stealers were the opponents and the teams looked like they could offer a good match, with plenty of interesting players, both teams having high agility ball handlers and also hired shamans to try to break their opponents cages. But the Gitz have had rotten luck in their last tournaments and today would be another bad day.

Even before the match started the Gitz lost their edge when the skilled ball handler and basher Smirk da Exakutiona had to cancel due to his niggling injury. It's the second tournament in a row where the key player has dropped out and it always has catastrophic effects on the teams performance.

The Gitz won the kickoff and looked determined to win. They broke the impressive Stealer LOS and Spit managed to put the burly black orc Josh Burr out of commission (BH) with a well placed foul. The Stealers turned their attention on the star player Runn, but their gangfoul just left him stunned. When Smakk followed up with knocking Aaron Smith out things looked well indeed...but this was the last success the Gitz would see for a long time.

A series of events would ruin the match for the Gitz on an early stage. Bulk, who had a completly awful match, fractured his own leg in a pathetic attempt (missed 2d block despite reroll) at a charge forcing the team to use their apothecary on an early stage...but even worse, it also caused confusion amongst their ranks and opened up for a counter-assault from the Stealers. (early turn-over). A blast of fire suddenly erupted amongst the Gitz, hurling most of them to the ground and leaving some stunned. Only the ball carrier Lobb was left standing, but he was soon tackled down and the opponents could snatch up the ball.

The Gitz fought hard to try to stop them from scoring, but the extremly agile and elf like Chris Hope was almost unstoppable. Bulk embarassed himself by knocking himself out on another failed charge (double skull).

The Gitz defenses were in complete disarray and the normally so able bashers had a horrible time against the Stealers. Smakk was one example, when he failed crucial block attempts (double skull). At the same time Runn was hurled off the pitch by a Stealer black orc, spraining his groin and missing the rest of the match.

Smash did his best to try to get close to the ball carrier, but slipped and fell in the grass (failed GFI) which enabled Hope to score a TD in the final minute of the match.

For the second half things looked grim as the Gitz had lost Smirk due to his niggling injury, the star player Runn due to a crowd surf and had two of their black orcs knocked out in the dressing room. They could only field 10 of their players, including the little goblin Wikka, for their defense.

The Gitz had an awful blocking game even in the 2nd half (Koff rolled double skull on his 2d block despite reroll and Gharr failed his bonehead roll in a crucial position) which enabled the Stealers to line up their offensive charge. The beefed up lineman Snort was fouled out early (BH) which sapped the Gitz strength further. Their hope was to take the ball carrying Chris Hope out with their wizard, but the fireball didn't achieve anything more than stunning their troll. It opened up for a blitz by the strip ball specialist Tug, but not surprisingly he failed to knock the ball loose. (hit/block despite reroll). Hope came free again and scored the 2nd TD of the match for the Stealers.

Now, when all was lost (T7) the Gitz got their act together. Despite the Stealers charging their lines (got a Blitz) Gharr managed to hurl Wikka over the Stealer LOS to score a TD, which left them with a few seconds to bring the match to over time.

The Gitz emptied the last reserves to charge towards the ball (Got Blitz), but sadly the sprinting Tug failed to catch the ball. They made a desperate attempt at scoring in the last shivering seconds, but when Tug was tripped by a dive tackler it was definately over.

--
Thanks for the match, Kyyberi. You got extremly lucky in this one which you were honorable enough to admit. Good luck in round 2!
 Jump to: