34 coaches online • Server time: 12:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
White Isle League Stunty (WILIES) will be...
the best league ever
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
awesome funness to the max
21%
 21%  [ 21 ]
crappy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
unpredictable and strange
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
batman
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
pie / cake / macavity
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
run by morons
32%
 32%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 97

JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2008 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

not sure on a mega icon pack, but we should get one for sure.

some minor changes to goblin and halflling teams;*

# Goblin - may not hire a non goblin star [C]
# Halfling - Can only purchase 1 set of ingredients per game [P]

as robbing strigs and squigs of all their re rolls is just mean and hiring morgnthorg is clearly cheating.

EDIT *Pending consultation with fellow admins.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.

Last edited by JockMcRowdy on %b %04, %2008 - %00:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice changes, just noticed that the flings and gobbos are in.... and some team called "Old School Skink", is that a lizarman team with no saurus? If so then please ban them hiring that saurus star Razz

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:

If Ripper is included in that, then I presume you are also banning Deeproot?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, just found the answer to my question but also noticed this:

Quote:
# Chaos Halfling - must pay double to hire logan, as in have the cash in the bank and burn it through coaches/cheerleaders. [C]
# Eshin Adepts - 0-2 Night Runners, team must have 11 players in order to hire an Assassin, so keep you team alive, its not a 1 man team..honest. [P]
# Fairies - No restrictions [P]
# Forest Goblin - No restrictions [C]
# Gnome - 0-2 Bommaz. May only start with 1 Daredevil [S]
# Gnoblar - 0-2 Trappers to start [C]
# Goblin Cheaters - 0-1 Kicker, Bomber and Chainsaw to start [S]
#Horrors - No restrictions [S]
# Nurglings - 0-1 Beast to start [S]
# Skink - No restrictions [P]
# Skryre Slaves - 0-1 Mechavermin [S]
# Snotling - No restrictions [S]
# Pygmy - No restrictions [P]
# Squig Herders - 0-1 Hoppers, 0-3 Squigs to start [C]
# Strigoyan - No restrictions [C]
# Old School Skink - 12 skinks and 1 saurus available Cannot hire siibili [P]

.... are all those restrictions really necessary and does everyone know about them? Shouldnt the School Skinks have a krox instead? Smile Also I cant tell whether the 0-1 hopper is a starting restriction or a permanent one (and why restrict normal squigs on the starting team, seems like restricting vampires).

Sorry to prod and pry but I was genuinely suprised.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Scattarat

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the new division for new stunty teams?... whats the max TR?
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

OK.

Duke, just changed my post, ill talk with Zombificus and Ludo and see what we agree upon.

Sillysod, I did put a link and said 'check the restrictions' in my messages and started the thread with;

'We welcome you to participate, check the link above for brief details. It will run in the same format as the White Isle league, only with stunty races instead of the normal boring ones. We have thought up a few race restrictions to try and balance it out a little, these will change as we progress. '

Krox was seen as too powerful, the old school skink has better skinks than the 'skink' team and one of the best bigger guys, but will suffer from lack of players I would imagine, Zomb is the only taker so far so we will edit/ remove them should they not work out.

The '0-1 Hoppers, 0-3 Squigs to start' are both on the starting roster, I have seen a few front loaded squig teams decimate other stunty teams most people wouldnt front load them anyway but it just prevents that, again the rules/restrictions are intended to be fluid, if we play a few games/seasons and a team is too weak or too strong we will attempt to balance it out.

Scatterat, this is a spinoff of the White Isle League and will run with mostly the same format but with stunty teams. It is just beginning so new/rookie 'L' League stunty teams.

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thought, but, one of the great things about the White Isle league is that the members got to vote on some of the major rules decisions.

Is that likely to be the same in the Stunty version, or will it just be decided on by the admins?

Also, whatever rules are agreed, it would be nice if they were fully agreed before the league begins, as changes half way through tend to be somewhat disruptive.

Thanks
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Word Up people!

I should inform you guys that im also admin staff of WISD.

Have been busy up til now... however, if you need clearing up on things... please kick me or whatever Very Happy

...and Please, hurry those applications in!

That it for now...
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, i would imagine as we progress, anyone playing will get a say on changes, especially as their teams will be affected.

You prompted me to run through everything proposed in fine detail with Ludovicious and Zombificus so we are clear before we start.

Still planning on closing applications this coming saturday, we have 25 plus us 3 admins for 28 players so far, ludo and zomb will decide upon first season format depending on the final numbers.

Likely (at the moment) to be the same as White Isle Season 1 with randomly assigned divisions and then a playoff between the leaders of each divisions for the 1st season crown.

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a note on the restrictions; the guys decided that they wanted to at least try to even the rosters up (if only a bit, those of you that play [S]tunty will know the issues therein with certain races), so that everyone had good fun and a chance, and no-one spent an hour (for instance) on the end of a one-way Eshin stabby yawnaton. Now in that process, there are always going to be bits and pieces that people will want tweaking or won't agree with, I think it's best atm to just accept what they've come up with and start, if nothing else just to get going and not tread water with lengthy discussion that we'll not all agree on anyway (this could be likened to redrawing R/P/S/Dynamite brackets in the main league - we'd never agree on who goes where, and there’s no real need anyway). I say let's get going with what we have, and the chaps can always tweak after Season 1 if they feel the need, and at this point I'm sure they'd appreciate input.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the only specific input I have at the moment is that Deeproot and Ripper should be treated in the same light.

I can see that Ripper can make the Stunty roster too powerful in the stunty enviroment, but exactly the same can be said of Deeproot in teh Halfling roster.

As far as I am aware, they are the only 2 rosters that can hire a BG star.
zombificus

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

+Stealth Mode Deactivated+

Hello everyone, I wanted the opportunity to welcome y'all to this league. It's all gonna be stunty style fun with uber weaponz and death so join if you can!

I was quite suprised myself when I saw the extent of the restrictions that Jock came up with, but after looking through all the changes I think he's done some really good work and did not hesitate to offer my support to the proposals, with the caveat that things are open to change as we proceed. The only way we will be able to iron out problems is by seeing the results of the changes we have made, i.e. by playing, and of course we will welcome your opinions in the process.

It will also be easier to remove restictions than to impose them once the league is in full swing so I don't mind if we have overdone it a bit at this stage.

Have fun people and don't hesitate to contact one of the admins if you have any problems/questions related to WILIES.

+Stealth Mode Reactivated+
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
The '0-1 Hoppers, 0-3 Squigs to start' are both on the starting roster, I have seen a few front loaded squig teams decimate other stunty teams most people wouldnt front load them anyway but it just prevents that, again the rules/restrictions are intended to be fluid, if we play a few games/seasons and a team is too weak or too strong we will attempt to balance it out.

Not that it matters, but might have been better to go with 0-4 (Hoppers & Squigs), as one of the better starting rosters for Squigs is 2 Hoppers and plenty of Herders, with normal Squigs being added over time.

Anyway, just trying to give some input, let me know if it is not warranted, or wanted.

Thanks
Robbo44

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:

as robbing strigs and squigs of all their re rolls is just mean.

DukeTyrion wrote:
Well, the only specific input I have at the moment is that Deeproot and Ripper should be treated in the same light.

I can see that Ripper can make the Stunty roster too powerful in the stunty enviroment, but exactly the same can be said of Deeproot in teh Halfling roster.

As far as I am aware, they are the only 2 rosters that can hire a BG star.

I'm not very knowledgeable on stunty, but it seems everyone wants to restrict my team, the only star I can hire is Deeproot and I can't get a wizzie, just the chef which you are going to limit, are Flings that overpowered in stunty? Are Flings the stunty equivalent of Dorfs or Zons? Shocked

I can agree with Jock's limiting of Chef's ingredients but no star as well, I get the feeling you all have it in for the diminutive pink ones. Smile
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno if restrictions are necessary in that the teams have been classed into different categories and so will only play certain teams. But hey whatever is decided I'm go for that. Oh and will there be TR restrictions etc. later?

Jump to: