57 coaches online • Server time: 22:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How would you describe your position on this matter?
I use all tactics i need to to win and NEVER care when it's done back to me
28%
 28%  [ 72 ]
I'll happily use all tactics i need to but i must admit i do sometimes get annoyed by the tactics of others
16%
 16%  [ 42 ]
I'll use all tactics i need to.... until i no longer feel its needed and hope my opponent does the same
44%
 44%  [ 111 ]
I'll play how I want to and get annoyed if the opponent uses certain tactics that i dont like
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 250

Goblinen

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

3rd option is the closest to me i think.

I'm generally quite a softie when playing but i don't really mind someone giving me the heavy boot 16 turns per game if he thinks it's fun/going to help him. But i do tend to be a bit pickish when being challanged by teams with 3+ DPs so i usually don't take too much damage if the ref is paying any attention. The only thing that annoyes me is when it happends during a dice rapeish game, but then i'm more pissed at nuffle then my opponent.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Its all about me having fun and all!
So I will get annoyed if you have fun, then ill foul! If you have better tactics, Ill foul!
If Im beating the crap out of you, ill foul, out of spite, and attempt to ruin your team in the process (hoping your one of thouse moron teambuilders out there)
cuz I like to ruin your day.. oh yeah!
cuz violence is sweet!
and I say cuz, gl&hf, and cu .. just because I hope that you get annoyed about my spelling... that rulez!
If you don't like whiners ... Ill whine, and foul!
I like to play hardball! yeah!

... seriously..
having fun, using tactics and all that....
if the other person isn't having fun, its not your problem its his problem, with a few exceptions:

Trashing, fouling out of spite, with no reason, except for T16 foul because its commonly (maybe strangely?)considered "fun"
Fouling is alright in every way though... more if there are spectators, less if its just you and your opponent and you really don't need to kill more players..
because you have already killed 3-4 and the rest is in the KO box, and you have 2-0 and the ball..
more if you are a coach of 180+ and use your experience to bully the kids in the lower classes.. YEAH YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! Razz

But if you do like paulhicks, and announce...let it be known .. etc.. that fouling is expected, even if you trash teams to pieces .. violently..
it is totally acceptable to foul.. foul .. foul ..f. etc..

may you rip a whole team one day!
Oh Glory, sweet violence!

That said, there is only a few coaches I woun't play, or can't have fun with
and its thouse who are over 180+ whom I remember from before really enjoyes bullying.. its ok if they win.. its expected.
but if they attempt to destroy a team, just for some short time fun.. they might have some issues at home or they are just plain stupid.
eather way.. its no fun to play them.. and I never will play them, but rather mock them if they make another challenge.
IF you are below 180+ , and just like blood.. its ok.. I can understand that.. and you will eventually be forgiven..
Enar

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I chosoe the "I use all tactics i need to to win and NEVER care when it's done back to me" based on two things..

I aspire to reach this level every game. I fail it every now and then. More often then I like.
Also, what bothers me and makes me not have a good time is when the measures my oppo takes are what I interpret as NON-TACTICAL.

Annoying meta gaming in the extreme (standing still for 3 minutes every turn for example)
Fouling when there is nothing to gain from it (exceptions for obvious coaches (yes paulhicks, that means you:))
Conceding the gamepart because a player died or a pass failed, to focus on gangfouling every turn instead
Insulting and/or excessively whiny attitude in chat
Etc.

This to me has nothing to do with tactics.

That said, I will not use tactics that are not fun to me. You will not see my 11 dp strong undead team any day soon....
Vampy

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually I use tactics of any type until I feel I have done enough and then I take my foot off the gas. I'll foul, stall and if I could figure out a way to do it I'd cheat all day long to get the upper hand over my opponent. If it is a league game my tactics may change more towards the destruction of my opponent to limit their chances in later rounds etc.

Wipe them out. All of them
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
That said, there is only a few coaches I woun't play, or can't have fun with
and its thouse who are over 180+ whom I remember from before really enjoyes bullying.. its ok if they win.. its expected.
but if they attempt to destroy a team, just for some short time fun.. they might have some issues at home or they are just plain stupid.
eather way.. its no fun to play them.. and I never will play them, but rather mock them if they make another challenge.
IF you are below 180+ , and just like blood.. its ok.. I can understand that.. and you will eventually be forgiven..

This is stupid. There is no difference if you foul as a low CR coach or foul as a high CR coach. There are people of questionable fun-understanding at every CR level, pinning this on one group only (preferably to one someone doesn`t belongs to) is blindsided and pitiful.

Getting a team killed by someone who doesn`t care about the win in the first place is more hollow that having a team killing in the struggle for victory.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets just say I am more forgiving to "team killers" if their CR is less than 180, although the action is the same under 180 as over 180.
It is my opinion that you should know by know that its time to grow up and stop acting childish.

YES it is easier to win for you when you are over 180, than when you are over 160 in most cases, your tactics are better, your skills are among the top
in fumbbl.. so the question is why do you have the urge to be a team killer when you are one of the best in ranked ?
answer: you just like carnage for carnage sake, meaning I wount play you, its no fun!
This is about persons not about rank.. if you are a team killer (except paulhicks, and similar who let you know your intention)
I said I MIGHT forgive you... but over 180 is unforgivable (see you.. no foul you in a cup maybe)

This is not stupid circ, this is pure self preserving
I dont judge other peoples choices or actions.. but I do claim the right NOT to play stupid guys or guys with an issue at home.

What is pititful is that you can't respect my choice to say no to an excessive-fouler-180+ coach
(one who doesn't let me know somehow that his intention isnt to score as many TD as possible.. but to kill as many as possible..)
maybe you would consider it to be fun.. I certanly don't..
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a giver, not a taker! Wink

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

bobafettsmum wrote:
I'm a giver, not a taker! Wink

Then how do you account for Boba Fett?
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

immaculate conception!

CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I respect your choice to say no to an excessive fouler. It`s just the arbitrary CR180 line you draw that is just ridiculous. You think a coach with over a thousand games but a CR of 160 doesn`t know it better? You think that he isn`t making an explicit choice? You think that low-CR coaches have the 'right' (not that they would need any kind of permission) to foul out of spite because they are outplayed?

You seem to expect, that a CR180 coach doesn`t use his full options when he plays you, while it`s OK for an CR160 coach to use any kind of measure he deems right. Guess what makes a CR180 coach out of a CR160 coach..
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted for option 3.

I love a good fight and I will pick games with people that pretty much guarantee an all out war. This principle goes until the game is decided and then I will stop. For me the violence is a way to win a game, not a goal in itself, and thus I can get annoyed at being T16 fouled.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I can honestly say it's number 3. Even when I met a disgusting dwarf team in B, which I hate so much it is unbelievable, I felt too bad to continue to foul his team to a pulp.

I have probably even lost more than 20 matches due to having a big advantage and then "playing nice" and losing the advantage due to freak luck rolls. I will continue to lose such games in the future, because it is how I prefer to play.

I honestly rarely feel happy when the dices gives me an extremly easy win and the opponent gets bashed up badly and unless I dislike the opponent personally I offer my sincere sympathy.

I also judge people on the same criteria and dislike people who seem unable to feel empathy towards other people, even if they don't mind if other people cheer their own RIP's.

I can confess though that I play bashers a lot more than I play soft agile teams. It's mainly due to my own idea of me for some reason being quite unlucky in Blood Bowl related issues (I'm usually quite lucky in other games). So since my goblins or elves rarely dodge better than my opponents beastmen I might as well go for higher AV teams Smile

"All tactics I need to" does however not include exactly all tactics. I don't use dwarves in rookie tournaments or build 4+ dp teams, even if I know that those strategies are effective in many situations. I try not to build teams that I would find extremly cheezy to meet myself.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, you seem to misunderstand. (?) (to circ)
everyone can use and should use all means to win a game, foul what not.
no matter the rank.. would not expect anything else..
What I dont like is "team-killers" (the kind that wount stop to foul as long as you have players left on the pitch and refuse to score in order to foul more)
exeption: paulhicks, others mind-like-creatures, who loves blood, but also is honest enough to tell you that fouling is to be expected.
If you are a 160 coach and don't dont have the guts to tell me that you really really with to utterly destroy my team, and not just win (cuz your not interrested in winning really), that tells me I really really need a break from this guy, so I might temporary put him on the blacklist.
A 160 coach is for me a 50-50 chance to win over, and usually makes it easier to to foul back..
A 180 coach with same preferances is however more diffucult to win over and is therefore a matter of self preservation

The line I draw is to protect my teams, because I know chances are less for a win vs 180, and also greater for team destruction..
I dont mind loosing a player or 4, but I do care about the play and having fun.. and one sided fun for a 180+ coach is something this person has had enough of.. I don't think he would miss playing me eather.. as I wount miss playing him..
Mattybee

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If a 180 coach is fouling you abundantly, it's because it's part of his strategy. I doubt 180 players ignore the ball in order to kill.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattybee wrote:
If a 180 coach is fouling you abundantly, it's because it's part of his strategy. I doubt 180 players ignore the ball in order to kill.

I think the ref would spot 180 players on the field.