66 coaches online • Server time: 21:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I always wonder what the concession hullabaloo is about. There are rules, follow them! Stops people cheating = win. If you are unsure, go and ask an admin, it's easy! Very Happy

As ever, if any of the members of staff do something you don't agree with, taking it up with the boss isn't difficult. The job the admins do for free is so much better than the customer service of 90% of big money corporations.

People just like moaning about stuff. Wink
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

So wait...
No concessions = I wont get beer for my BB games? Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Never mind the site rules, if I still have a single player on the field. He will take those 5+ 6+ dodges and -3d blocks, just to see if he can get the fame for stopping opponent from scoring (it's actually even worked a few times out of the hundreds of times I've tried Smile

Well, that's my mind set these days, I'm sure I have plenty of concessions in my past if anyone cares to go through my games. But I would suppose my last concession would be years ago. But then again, I'm not into team building, I'm into winning the particular game first, and then applying as much damage to both teams as possible (my own included)... AV7 Helps a lot Very Happy
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

Damn right! Have you seen the price of a loaf of bread? And I had to scan the [censored] thing myself!

And don't get me started on those [censored] Raiders!

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, in all instances where my opponent conceded, I would have prefered to play on and Score TDs with Sauri.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

Damn right! Have you seen the price of a loaf of bread? And I had to scan the [censored] thing myself!

And don't get me started on those [censored] Raiders!

Bread is damn expensive. People strike over fuel, I say we start a bread strike. They'd do it in France, you know...
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes people forget that by not conceding, they let the opponent farm spps, which in the end, can be WAY worse than the extra mvp and a little more money.
Tbh i think its a silly discussion. If people dont have fun and are getting beat up bad, they should be allowed to concede. This is a game, and people come here to... yes you guessed it... TO HAVE FUN! When that goal is taken away and replaced with bitterness, I honestly think its fine to concede.

I know some will argue that its jsut a game and he/she should just suck it up. But on the other hand, so what if that brings a little advantage to another person.. its just a team, remember that when you use it to argue with. goes both way...
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Mightypeon wrote:
Actually, in all instances where my opponent conceded, I would have prefered to play on and Score TDs with Sauri.

Agreed, sometimes your team will not really need the money and the MVP's will go on the wrong guys. A half where you can score with whoever you want or rack up some completions is often a much bigger advantage than a concession.

Getting SPP's and that 1st skill on key players like Black Orcs, Zombies, Rotters etc.. can make a team vastly stronger early on.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I will never concede, no matter how hardcore is Nuffle raping me. Lucky guys who have faced me can back up that.

<turboraton> arghhh
Catastrophy

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

An ****** once conceded just before i scored with my big guy. . . He could have waited a round. *****. ohh. . what language is allowed and what isnt?

Edit: Language

Edited better by Purplegoo. If you're unsure, don't use it.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a game, if real life makes me concede (cat on fire, baby caught in the blender, wife wanting sex etc...), then what happens to my team would be the least of my worries. The FUMBBL conceding rule is there so that people wont chicken out as soon as Nuffle shows his ugly mug. The conceding punishment might seem harsh for the conceder, but for the player who's left with money for cheerleaders and mvp on a lame player, it's just been a waste of time.
I don't think any rules will make conceding 'fair' for all parties, however if any rules are going to be effective, it should be enforced no matter who concedes.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Sometimes people forget that by not conceding, they let the opponent farm spps, which in the end, can be WAY worse than the extra mvp and a little more money.
Depends on the game, in most of this cases a concession is within the rules of the site.

Emphasy wrote:
If people don't have fun and are getting beat up bad, they should be allowed to concede.
Which they are. The definition of "beat bad up" is something we admins might have a different opinion on.
Sometimes you suffer a few KO and BH, it happens. Part of the game is about killing your opponents players, would be weird not to expect some damage.

As I said in my blog, Ranked and BlackBox are the competitive divisions. Despite that Ranked has became the most popular and active, that doesn't mean its definition has changed. You are expected to play competitive games and try to win those. Same goes for BlackBox, especially as your games are scheduled by the site to create good match ups.
League however has less strict rules on conceding and is meant as division for fun games and leagues. (Now that unranked is gone, the description might need some change).

So yeah, I will say suck it up if you play in Ranked or BlackBox. League has less strict rules, you can play your friends a lot more often. All it needs is more coaches.
turboraton

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
This is a game, if real life makes me concede.

Nice point, if anything very important IRL happens I'm so conceding even if it means losing my account.

<turboraton> arghhh
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

turboraton wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:
This is a game, if real life makes me concede.

Nice point, if anything very important IRL happens I'm so conceding even if it means losing my account.

It won't, that was already covered in the beginning of this thread.
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh I just want to add something to my blog. The guidelines posted there is what I go by personally. They are by no means the official set standard. Another thing that strikes me funny is the double standard that exists in peoples mind about being and admin and a regular user. They demand a level of excellence and service which they are not even capable of providing themselves. Funny eh

/B
 Jump to: