23 coaches online • Server time: 09:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shusaku

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I meant lomacks comment
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Lustrian **

Well the first weekend of action did not disapoint and games were going all day and the specs had a lot of fun.

A lot of blood was shed for the the amusement of the fans as elves were laid out left and right. But the biggest cheers was when the BoB's were taken down or the occasional CL/RSC mutant was sent to the after life....Overall fun was had by all.

Lets look at the Good/Bad and Ugly from the weekend.

the Good
Coach PurpleChest actually WINS!! and advances in a major. Maybe he can get on track and advance to a main draw.

the Bad
Coach Malmir is once again looking to the heavens for guidance as the Fleetfoot get taken down, once again. Maybe dark elves and Orcs are not your style Coach...try a new race next time around.

Coach JackDaniels comes out of his cave to once again join a major. He was sporting a 9 month caveman beard from all his lack of [R] action. BUT he did not disapoint as he took down P4M wiht an underpowered undead team. This is bad because JD has dropped off the cliff in terms of games played and he did not bring the Eaters out to play....yeah I know flat entry...still a weak excuse for not bringing them to the Lustrian. 30+ Cheerleaders would have been a nice draw for the fans.

Higelves are just getting pounded in the opening round...what happened?

Coach JockMcrowdy was "booted" early as his High Elves get punked and dispatched with haste.

the Ugly

the match between Words and Pipolines was bloody and ugly. But that was not why it was ugly. The ugly was the "incident" when Words misclicked their multiblock/GFI and was not able to finsih the block. Words called for a reload but the Elves would have none of it. The heated discussion fell on the shoulders of a Lustrian admin who forced the reload.

It was a classic! It was a spirit of the game VS reloading because of a misclick. And yes it was a misclick. Anybody who uses Multiblock knows that you have to hit gfi before you hit multi for it to work. Due to the pressure of the game words failed to due this, not because they dont know that, they just messed up.

So you had some coaches claiming that good sportmanship says you allow the reload to be fair. others say you dont reload a misclick because that is part of the game, and can I get a reload next time I misclick?

Either way it was heated and provided some drama to a rather lack luster match that the Pipolines had in control...Lets face it, the drama in the second half was how many Elves could words send to the afterlife.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

30+ dwarf cheerleaders.... ouch!
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

even after living in a cave, i still know that you can solve that multiblock/gfi thing by using the shortcut "G" for gfi. press twice g and then choose multiblock again if i remember right. also one should know that there´s no 2+ rolled for gfi (nothing to do with this case though)
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
30+ dwarf cheerleaders.... ouch!

It would give every spec a good laugh IF the eaters spent all their cash on cheerleaders and had 33 of them.

Cheering fans kick off result

Eaters roll a 81 on cheering fans.

40ff +33 cheerleaders +8 roll =81

VS

Chump team roll a 16

9 ff+7 roll =16

Eaters win a free roll that they do not need.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford reporting from an undisclosed locker room **

Milford here and Iam in the locker room of an undisclosed wood elf team. I have to say Iam amazed at the level of illegal drugs these cheerleaders take before every match. No wonder they are so "bubbly" during the game. Its amazing they dont spin like tops and blow up after the match.

I need to find an "inside" women to give me the full scope of activites that go on in the cheerleaders locker room.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets take a look at this match from the first round.

from qualifier XI

ImageCrazy Talk Tribe
VS
ImageDoom Divers United

This match has the makings of a classic Orc/Goblin match. Two teams that are not overpowering and that should lead to a really fun game.

The Crazytalk tribe come into the match with out a troll or goblin. They like to play pure orc ball and that could be a problem for these greenskins. Plus they talk all kinds of smack and I dont think they have the firepower to really back it up. But hey they are green and have some choppas in the dug out as their back up argument.

The Doom Divers are on a quest for that glorious death from above flying gobo. Will this be the game that their first kill is achieved? That alone would warrant the price for a ticket. But I will give you antoher reason to attend. They might actually win this match! They got some cash to spend for a star or wizard, short handed for goblins. But you never know.

Will this be the second stunty win in the Lustrian?

Yes!! Divers 2-1 over the Crazy talk as they pull out the turn 16 Gobo toss for the win!!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
News from Lustria: Allow me to bring you the latest news as Milford is still busy with an investigative report on Wood Elf cheerleaders and Steroids.

One of Fumbbl´s Famous Tourney Teams Fleetfoot's Revenge I has been kicked out of the Lustrian by the mighty Ogres of Win Cans.

Now bloodbowl fans form the Chaos Wastes to the Old World ask: Will we see a Vamp or Halfling team named Fleetfoot´s Revenge I´s Revenge soon?

No.

"Coach Malmir is once again looking to the heavens for guidance as the Fleetfoot get taken down, once again. Maybe dark elves and Orcs are not your style Coach...try a new race next time around."

And...no.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from qualifier #XIII ***

ImageStampede in the qualifierImage

The Lost Hooves are stampeding their way through the qualifier and just taking heads. They have allready advanced to the finals and leave a pile of bodies in their wake...11 CAS in two games and some hurt feelings from opposing coaches.

They took down the Beast Boyz II in the opeing round

and bulled over the Druchii Enslavers in the semi finals.

Can these bulls be contained and end the stampede of destruction..Be sure to check out the finals match when it comes up in the next few weeks...Looks like the Hooves get some R and R time on the beaches of Lustria...Will that "cool" them down and be their down fall?

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2010 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

shusaku wrote:
I meant lomacks comment

Indeed shusaku,

excellent predictions for Qualifier XVI - all 3 first round results right with 2 of them at the right scoreline.

I'm not sure i would have predicted it for me - 2 MB and tackle is a bit low for dwarf team Smile - but the slayer having one was good.
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2010 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
the Ugly

the match between Words and Pipolines was bloody and ugly. But that was not why it was ugly. The ugly was the "incident" when Words misclicked their multiblock/GFI and was not able to finsih the block. Words called for a reload but the Elves would have none of it. The heated discussion fell on the shoulders of a Lustrian admin who forced the reload.

It was a classic! It was a spirit of the game VS reloading because of a misclick. And yes it was a misclick. Anybody who uses Multiblock knows that you have to hit gfi before you hit multi for it to work. Due to the pressure of the game words failed to due this, not because they dont know that, they just messed up.

So you had some coaches claiming that good sportmanship says you allow the reload to be fair. others say you dont reload a misclick because that is part of the game, and can I get a reload next time I misclick?

Either way it was heated and provided some drama to a rather lack luster match that the Pipolines had in control...Lets face it, the drama in the second half was how many Elves could words send to the afterlife.

Actually you are wrong on two accounts here. I would most certainly have accepted my mistake and taken responsibility for it if I'd accidentally only blocked one player on my attempted multiblock. However, I couldn't block at all due to some sort of problem with the client, and that was what I wouldn't accept. I would never ask for a reload simply to re-do a missclick on my part.

And I also don't agree that Words never had a chance second half. Slightly worse KO-rolls or an unfortunate roll or two for the elves could very well have taken the game to OT where anything could have happened.

Ah well, sometimes you get the beer and sometimes the beer gets you Smile

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
Tathar

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2010 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Leijonet wrote:

Actually you are wrong on two accounts here. I would most certainly have accepted my mistake and taken responsibility for it if I'd accidentally only blocked one player on my attempted multiblock. However, I couldn't block at all due to some sort of problem with the client, and that was what I wouldn't accept. I would never ask for a reload simply to re-do a missclick on my part.

And I also don't agree that Words never had a chance second half. Slightly worse KO-rolls or an unfortunate roll or two for the elves could very well have taken the game to OT where anything could have happened.

Ah well, sometimes you get the beer and sometimes the beer gets you Smile

Thanks for sharing this. I went afk when speccing your game and was re-reading the chat box text but wasn't clear what had what had happened after reading it.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2010 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have to say that in all my years of covering majors this is the most lopsided game I have ever witnessed. It is trully epic in proportions.

ImageFerelve Farcity
VS
ImageRusso Returns! (with sheep)

The flings are playing up 143 in TR and 198 in TS !!!!

If Russo Returns wins this thing Iam prepared to call it the greatest upset in majors history, maybe in all the history of Fumbbl. For some reason this game has some appeal. Maybe its the david vs goliath aspect to the match.

5 Handicaps
Halfling Chef
And Deeproot

Will that be enough?

Be sure to spec the first 4 turns of this match, just in case you are witness to history. And then if it goes as expected you can move on with your life in a very short amount of time.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2010 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from Qualifier V **

Well Fumbbl fans we have a very nice Orc VS Human match up in the Semi-final

ImageEnterpainment United
VS
ImageBoys in the Hoods

United is a nice Orc team that is well rounded and with a solid core of BoB's. They have the muscle and skill to control the LOS and control the pitch. They will be getting a Handicap to aid them. BUT they dont have any cash and will be facing a Human team that has bought a bright wizard for the big game. They will have to be very leary of that wizzy lurking about.

The Boys are set to make a push in the qualifier and have a really nice blitzer core to get the job done. They also bring along a really nice thrower to toss in those Long Bomb post patterns and get behind the ponderous orc LOS. They have the upper hand in this match but they cant get pushed around on the LOS if they lose the LOS then they are in deep trouble. But that wizard in their back pocket will really help out.

This is a really close match to call.

I can see it going both ways. It all comes down to that wizard and who gets the early control of the middle of the pitch.

Going with the Boys 2-1 in a really hard fought match.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2010 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from Qualifier #16 **

Well Filler once again disapoints as the revengers take them out and just knocked out ground and Iron in the semis.

The bottom of the bracket has a really nice match up also to decide who will advance to the qualifier final.

ImageBlightskab Plaguelords
VS
ImageCyanide Bugs

A really nice Skaven VS Chaos Dwarf match up.

The Plaguelords enter the match with all their required Gutters and dont have any players missing the game. They also have purchased a grey seer to clear out any CD's that get bunched up. It is simple really. Get the Gutters up and running and score and score at will. If they can stay "clean" on the LOS they will be in fine shape. They also get a handi to help them out.

The Cyanide Bugs are ready to bull over the skaven with their mighty hooves. They are down a CD but that is of no concern. Just start laying into those line vermin and get the early lead in terms of # of players and they will have this match. They need to be leery of the wizard but if it goes as planned that will not matter. Just get the ball, play conservative and make the skaven come to the waiting arms of some CD blockers.

The player to watch in this match is chesty The halfing hob! He is actually a Halfling who paints himself green and wears a pointy hat and allways has a scowl on his face. He is one remarkable fling for two reasons.
1)That he plays blood bowl, not for food, but for fun.
2)And that the CD's have not figured out that he is a fling.

(Note: Chesty might just be another unreported Cyanide bug in the graphics files. For some reason Cyanide has no idea what a hobgoblin or fling are so their programmers just interchange them at will)

So keep your eyes on #14 and realize that hob that is laying everyone out is actully a fling in disguise.

Another match that is a toss up. The skaven have a slight edge on paper but not enough.

Going with the Bugs 2-1 over the Plaguelords. They get the CAS counter moving and leave the skaven powerless.