24 coaches online • Server time: 04:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the Worst Big Guy out there?
Death Roller
38%
 38%  [ 62 ]
Rat Ogre
23%
 23%  [ 38 ]
Troll
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Snow Troll
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Ogre
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Beast of Nurgle
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Minotaur
21%
 21%  [ 35 ]
Kroxigor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 163

cthol

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2011 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yhetee is a dumb name. why have a name derived from Himalayan mythology in a team derived from Scandinavia? Makes no sense. Stick with Snow Troll. Or if you want something more imaginative, at least use something from the norse / viking / scandinavian lexicon; maybe call it a Grendel or something...
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2011 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
zakatan wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I wanted to vote for the Norse Big Guy... but Yhetee isn't even on the list Sad

i vote Mr_Foulscumm as the troll he is Very Happy

Pointing out that the Norse Big Guy is still named wrong on Fumbbl counts as trolling? Sad

on a related side note, i hate what the CRaP did to the positional names. Just dropped all the personality certain positionals had (HE blitzer, catcher, dwaf blocker and others).

If we can get a "wrong" name for the snow troll, then get several more wrong names Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2011 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah some of those changes were really awefull like Changing Storm Vermin to Blitzer. It made me mad Evil or Very Mad

GW must have thought it was all too going to be too complicated and confusing for the kids they envisage playing the game now.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2011 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes is see some simplification trent. That lost some flair.
Minos without M access are poor. AV8 unreliable and 150k. Too expensive. Rat ogre ist poor but in the skaven team it adds power so not worthless. Same issue wit not having M access. M for chaos teams ist not only fittig rp, it makes the big loners usefull.
without M thes are bloating team value without enough power in high ranked games.

Greetings

Smeesh
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2011 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't understand what folks problem with the Deathroller is, I think it's an awesome Big guy even if it only plays for 1 drive, if the Dwarves are receiving that can be a looong drive. Break Tackle makes it very manouvrable and it tends to get 3 die blocks on most players.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2011 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Corvidius wrote:
I really don't understand what folks problem with the Deathroller is, I think it's an awesome Big guy even if it only plays for 1 drive, if the Dwarves are receiving that can be a looong drive. Break Tackle makes it very manouvrable and it tends to get 3 die blocks on most players.

it is awesome but so damn expensive for what it lasts. And it's manouvrability is somewhat unreliable due to the Loner skill.

I've seen some deathrollers play for 2 turns. Sometimes because they are fielded in deffense to encourage the fast agile opponent to score fast, or just because of a critical failure in the dorf offense.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2011 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Yeah some of those changes were really awefull like Changing Storm Vermin to Blitzer. It made me mad Evil or Very Mad

GW must have thought it was all too going to be too complicated and confusing for the kids they envisage playing the game now.

My guess it was more the gw hate of the TFF that was the reason they took out the warhammer names. And say that blood bowl is played in the warhammer world and the people at TFF go nuts, but i know it is played in the warhammer world, because it says so on the back of my blood bowl game.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2011 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
on a related side note, i hate what the CRaP did to the positional names. Just dropped all the personality certain positionals had (HE blitzer, catcher, dwaf blocker and others).

If we can get a "wrong" name for the snow troll, then get several more wrong names Very Happy

My all time favorite was they then changed the Norse blitzers to berserkers... it made me Rolling Eyes Very Happy