24 coaches online • Server time: 05:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stej

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

No, they just are interpreting the itaalic M as a normal skill. The doc doesnt explicitly state on doubles only but I think its an easy one to take as read
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Ehlers wrote:
I love the team change to CD, now Hobgoblins also have M access Very Happy

No they don't. Is everyone reading a different document to me?

Aye, I'm also highly confused where people are getting this stuff... although I might be blind.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an easy adjustment to piling on... it can only be used against opposing players with lower natural strength (so horns and dauntless won't be a work-around).

That will make piling on more logical/realistic and a little harder to utilize. I.E. bashers will have to sacrifice something to do maximum damage (such as using their high strength players merely to control the scrum, while their more mobile players deal the majority of the damage), plus most high strength players generally have limited mobility.

It will also make dirty player more important, since you'll basically have to foul stronger players off the pitch. High strength players (who are already restricted by roster limitations) should be difficult to remove from the pitch TBBH, common players (aka linemen) should be far easier to remove from the field. Currently, every player goes down the exactly the same and that's the problem. Finally, high strength players are typically much more difficult to skill up... they rely primarily on inflicting casualties, since they're generally in the scrum helping you win the positioning battle. Obviously, I'm not referring to +stat freaks, who are special players.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, wood elfs can take tenticles ??
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I am curious as to why Amazons are in the no change needed group.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I like some of the changes given. Count me in for the testing section of all this, if we can.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

MrStick wrote:
Wow, wood elfs can take tenticles ??

That's a typo, should read "Wood Elfs can take testicles.", though they rarely do...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I yearn for the day where we can stop talking about the rules and just get on with enjoying ourselves. I thought that day had come with 6/CRP (for all it's pros and cons) and the dissolution of the BBRC. Then later, when 6/CRP arrived here and (I'd hoped) shut the door on endless 'x > y' discussions. Sadly, here we all still are. I find it all exasperating. Perhaps the truth is that we (as a BB community) will never be damned well satisfied. If I held the reigns of power and implemented your rules tomorrow, Martin (including all of the ones I think are awful, although there are tweaks I see as improvements too) unilaterally over the internet and the real World, I give it exactly half an hour before there is uproar and calls for change. The unwashed BB mass are a fickle bunch. Frankly, the process of iterative rules mongering really wears away at the soul. Do I think the door should be locked for evermore? No, that would be unhealthy with the array of stats we'll one day be able to call on (I say one day, [R] for instance, is nowhere near ready to generate useful data yet, maybe it never will be at current usage. LRB4 teams still pollute anything you get out of it, especially at 'Major' TV). Even Chess had en Passant a few centuries after they had their first set of rules, that door should never be totally closed. Do I think we should let LRB6 bed in for a significant portion of time and stop being so ruddy reactionary? Absolutely. Although, this is after all, the internet, huh?

Rant aside, feedback (although, don't you have a mountain of this already from other sites?). As house rules; fine, why not. Might be interesting for a couple of league seasons. As tweaks to the real deal? I think there are things I significantly disagree with; not least the underpinning philosophy of bringing tiers closer together (for the full rant on that, I defer to my next Angry Man GLN article, if it's ever published!), but also with some of the tweaks you suggest.

The last person I remember bigging up his house rules on here was good old Zombie69. Makes me chuckle that his name was the first to pop into my head reading some of this! I'm sure you're delighted to be in the same company. Wink
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 21:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i absolutely cannot understand why anyone takes these people seriously.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry. Umm. MEGAPIE!

The first draft of that post enjoyed your earlier effort. Bravo, Sir. Wink
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back traits!

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one enjoy theory bowl almost as much as blood bowl. What I like about Plasmoid's suggestions is that in theory, it will allow a sub par player like myself to play one of the lower tier teams more. It gives me options. No longer will I feel resigned to playing orcs or necromantic teams for victory, but I might get the confidents to try out the halflings. I lose, it is because I'm a worse player, not because everything under the sun is stacked against me.

Also, I like the idea of introducing new well balanced teams, to keep experienced players on their toes, and to throw them a curve ball some times.

But let us face the facts, the better or more experienced you are at blood bowl (i.e. knowing the ins and outs of it) the more you have to lose when some rules or aspects change. Suddenly you too will be confronted with tactics and methods that are new to you, and instead of relying on know strategies or counters that you have used in the past, you will have to come up with something brand new or original.

I can understand why that would be scary for some people. I, on the other hand, embrace it. Change is good. Get out of your comfort zone and embrace tomorrow, and if you lose because you no longer can rely on XYZ, then go out and learn ABC instead.

I say if you want to play a game with set of rules that are never changing, where everything is set in stone and everyone seems happy with it as is try Chess.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
i absolutely cannot understand why anyone takes these people seriously.

+1,QFT,etc...
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the attempt to improve the balance, making more fun to play the most of teams.

But its really a tricky matter, and imho many of these changes have some effect working exactly opposite than intended.

Two examples i found:

Piling On: less effective maybe in knocking out terms, but with 100% effectiveness when used (you'll always pile when the +1 makes a change) it will be less "risky" in some way, not to mention that clawmbpo will stun with a 6+ anyone.

Bank: this will hit hard anyone, but maybe harder the teams that spend lot of money on replacing players before getting to high tv, mostly not bashers.. not sure its good, SE are already annoying enough right now, and even senseless (famous big teams wich earns less than beginners...)

While i find some other, like the Right stuff change, truly awesome.

About teams, i'd try to avoid minor changes that can be controversial.
Dryads are weird (why throwers!?), and i'd avoid G skills back on mummies combined with the relative better efficiency of regeneration nowadays. Khemri with thick skull will be nice and makes sense (they're all skellies!) and av8 instead of decay is nice since the rest of team gets more resistant. So... why the extra skill?
Bretonnian are human with 4 normal blitzers + 4 super blitzer (with catch just to humiliate human catchers) and cheap lines... why!?

Those my first thoughts, i hope to have given some help Wink

My 2 cents

Last edited by Tarabaralla on %b %16, %2011 - %22:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Cevap

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
No, they just are interpreting the itaalic M as a normal skill. The doc doesnt explicitly state on doubles only but I think its an easy one to take as read

It looked like a normal M to me, damn my poor eyesight! Very Happy
Anyway, LRB4 werewolf is just a typo, right?
 Jump to: