48 coaches online • Server time: 18:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2011 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking News...

"This is Bilbo Riley reporting for the Diving-Seer Network. I am still here in the Greene Bayou since my last report after getting lost in the ever shifting surrounding swampland on waylaid by a band of Skinks. Thankfully I was not eaten but the diet of beetles, maggots and rotting fish heads fed to me during my captivity was just enough to keep me from dying."

"I have since been returned to the city and sold to slavers. Fortunately Pacters announcer, Marval Bert, was shopping for a new... um... (?)serving girl(?)... to help him... um... occupy his time now that the Pacters season has vanished into the Outer Planes. Marval recognized me and was willing to buy me at auction under the condition that I repay him twice his purchasing price. Most Halfling slaves in Greene Bayou meet there end working for one of the infamous Wings and Flings Bar and Grille chains in town. This establishment is none for it drunken brawls, mouth torturing hot sauces and Fling Tossing. Considering my alternatives I accepted Marval's terms. Goodbye salary."

"Following up on my previous report. It appears that several locals have been witnessing a strange phenomenon near Pacters Stadium. Several portals and vortices have been temporarily appearing and disappearing usually before any fiends come through and ravage the citizenry with their twisted and wicked magicks. Are these anamalies tied to the disappearance of the Pacters several weeks ago? No one can be certain."

"What is known is that I cannot wait to finally get back to the Shire to see my Wife and Younglings again eat a large and satisfying meal, drink a whole bottle of brandywine and smoke my pipe beside a warming fire."

"This has been Bilbo Riley reporting for Divining-Seer Network... bringing you the sooth without disguise."
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2011 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

With the season now in its closing moments, most of the division titles that I posted about in my previous writeup have resolved, with Bloody Spike's crown the remaining significant question mark. I haven't seen anything official on which teams are going to be promoted or relegated, though I have seen a few ideas tossed about in IRC. Is this something that has been decided, or is there still debate going on?

Premier

licker had already locked in first place, and with Kryten's loss to th0r, Azure has claimed second place in Premier. th0r unfortunately has not helped his own situation any - once the concessions from the missing Kord and Mr_Foulscumm are entered, th0r will have the lowest points of any active player in the division, and will certainly be facing relegation. The fate of the rest of the players depend on the chosen structure for the league.

Stone Boot

My loss to xyon has left Iskabis in first place of the division, while my tiebreakers are giving me second place over BillBrasky. My thanks to all of my division mates for a fun season!

Rusty Saw

ryanfitz is still chasing the first perfect season of the rebooted NWL, with Alexis' darkies being his final roadblock. He has already locked down the division title, though, with Jasfmpgh holding second place. Assuming robocoyote doesn't make a sudden reappearance, Big-Al will then take third place - the concession will put him up to 14 points, within reach only of Da_Todfatha, and Big-Al has the heads-up tiebreaker from their midseason matchup.

Bloody Spike

Craftnburn and screech fought to a draw in their meeting earlier in the week, with the result that neither one has the division won yet. They are guaranteed to finish first and second, but their final matches - Craftnburn against Mazzix's halflings and screech against Sutherlands' rotters - will determine who wins. A better result (win-draw-loss) than the other will clinch the title, with TD delta being relevant (a win by 2 is better than a win by 1). A relative push will likely leave screech in the #1 spot, as his casualty delta is currently 10 higher than Craft's frogs. Sutherlands is currently in third, and a win to end the season will lock him in there, while a draw opens the door for Mazzix to pass him and a loss adds icesmooth to the mix.

Good luck to all in their last matches!
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2011 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't received points for my latest forfeit yet, which puts me securely in 3rd. But I get to be the spoiler.... !
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2011 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking news! Alexis' NWL Blacks have fought ryanfitz' Last of the Renshai to a bloody draw! ryanfitz' apothecary was used uselessly on a turn 1 stab, and the Assassin in question also seriously injured another Norse player on the second turn of the match. The northmen came back, though, knocking multiple Dark Elves out of the game. Things looked bad for Alexis after his wizard turned out to be a dud, but a ballsy play and some AG5 turned things around, and the elves carried a 2-0 lead into the half. They were significantly down on manpower, though, and ryanfitz was able to smash the remaining darkies into the ground while running the ball in twice for scores. This finishes the Last of the Renshai's season with them solidly leading the Rusty Saw, but ruins their winning streak, leaving the first perfect season of CRP NWL still off in the distance.

Sutherlands wrote:
I haven't received points for my latest forfeit yet, which puts me securely in 3rd. But I get to be the spoiler.... !

I had been counting that in, but had actually forgotten about the negative concession points that can be "earned" by not showing up to matches. According to the standings as currently shown for the Bloody Spike, you are indeed locked into third place. Good luck in your last match, and let us know when it will be - with Mazzix disappeared, your match will determine the outcome of Bloody Spike.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking News...

"The Greene Bayou Pacters are back from the Outer Planes and do not seem any worse for the wear. Just moments ago the team emerged from their locker rooms and stormed the pitch ready to kill and maim their last known opponents, 'Death From Above!'. To the Pacters dismay they found the stadium empty except for the maintenance crew whom they promptly ripped apart in a fit of rage. The team was so angry that none of their fans had shown up to see them play they had to quench their bloodlust on the only targets they could find. The unsuspecting crew of laborers never had a chance since most of them are forced to work in leg irons and could not run away.

"In hurried and ill prepared statement Pacters Blitzer, "Surly" Flambeau, was heard lambasting Greene Bayou fans for abandoning the team and cursing their Slann opponents as 'cowards' that wouldn't even dare to show their 'slimy faces' on game day. He then swore an oath to 'hunt down those ugly frogs, gig'em and roast their legs' during the prematch feast before next weeks game against the 'putrid, spawns of Nurgle'.

"A cub reporter from the Greene Bayou Gazzette dared to point out that the season had ended 'some months ago' and that 'it was the Pacters that did not show up for the game due to' something or other. I could not make out what he was saying as he was being strangled to death by Ogre, Invincible Om'Bardii, at the time for daring to interrupt Flambeau while he was swearing a blood oath.

"The Press conference broke up in a panic after this as I and other members of the Press fled for our lives. Luckily no one else was severely maimed, injured or killed during the scramble. Likely this was due to the players having previously engorged themselves on a hastily prepared feast on the charred corpses of the dispatched ground crew.

It is not yet known if the team understands how much time has passed since their mysterious disappearance early last season. But team Owner and Head Coach, Catalyst 32, assures this Reporter that the Greene Bayou Pacters will be ready to take the field when the Season 22 of the Northern Wastes League kicks off next month.

'I have been able to belay paying some of my debts by calling in a few favors and doing a few things I am not so proud of. Plus I just won a large settlement by suing the city over a loophole my lawyers discovered in the contract we have to play our games in this old, crumbling arena,' says the coach. '(?)Someone(?) made an error in writing the contract that required the city to pay me several thousand Gold Crowns for each promised home game of a season not played. The contract was supposed to be the other way around but a deal is a deal and my lawyer and a hefty bribe made sure the judge saw it that way too. Easiest money I ever made.'

"There you have it Blood Bowl fans. The Greene Bayou Pacters long feared to be dead are back and ready to take on all comers. This has Bilbo Riley reporting for the Diving-Seer Network... bringing you the sooth without disguise."
 Jump to: