48 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
somertown

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Setra pulled off the "coup" of the year 2 years ago when he managed to get his hands on Krikack 'Part Duex' who has been the center piece of the Scorpions rise to the top.

How did Kricack manage to get spotted in the CoS? In another thread you have wondered whether Majors opportunities are weighted against blackbox teams, and now you are telling us that a legend from the ranked world was running amok in the desert two years ago. What was he doing there - were the Blood Sea Buccaneers looking to transfer over so that they could start brawling?
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

1st off...the KPL does not recognize or care for B/R/L/S distinctions.

Second

Read the Fluff on Krikack 'part Duex'

It is allways about the fluff with me.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and there is more of this tale that is yet to be told.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2013 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
Some predictions:
I: CD/Amazon/Underworld
The top half of the bracket has some interesting teams to watch with Uzkulak Rocks! having an amazing ST 5 AG 4 hobgoblin to carry the ball - but I think they will struggle actually and out of the top half of the bracket will come Da Chicago Beards - a team with less than .500 record - but they are primed to do well here. They have their own hobgoblin star (a ST 4 AG 4 ballcarrier). The lower half of the bracket looks very close as well with Incoming Nightmare seeming to have the slight edge in matchups - partially because they have been blessed with four claw blockers. It will tight games each step of the way - but in the end..
--> Incoming Nightmare Wins!

Both teams I had my eye on in the top half of the bracket went out in the first round - Incoming Nightmare is through to the third round and looking sharp still.

Azure wrote:

II: Humans/Lizardmen/Halflings
The humans seized on the opportunity to grab their own qualifier and avoid some of the deadlier races and it has worked for them as they were the second most popular applicant this year. However, while lizards are not going to slaughter a human team like chaos/nurgle might...they are still a tough matchup. In the top half of the bracket, the game between Inglorius Followers and Savage Lighthouse Keepers is one to watch. It is a toss-up who wins and whichever team does could go all the way...however, I am picking Crock Blockers to actually come out of the top half of the bracket - as they are a solid lizard team...and humans can struggle against the higher ST. More important - Crock Blockers has the key for lizard teams in an excellent AG 4 skink. And while this will no doubt draw the ire of all the HPL coaches...I am also picking Laget runt! to come out of the bottom half of the bracket...will the humans really be crowded out of both spots in the finals?
--> Crock Blockers Wins!

Inglorius Followers and Crock Blockers are both through to the second round in the top half of the bracket - and I think shall end up facing off in the semi-finals. In the bottom half of the bracket, The Altdorf Hammers took down Larget Runt - and now that guarantees the bottom half will produce a human team into the finals of this qualifier.

Azure wrote:

III. Undead/Norse/Elf
Undead is happy to avoid most of the agility races and the killer races...they have to feel happy about the draw - except for the two pesky elf applicants. Overall, an interesting draw for sure. The two elves face off in the first round - and Dolls, whom I almost never pick against, is looking rather depressing pounded upon at the moment...he should win against the other elf - but not get too much further this tournament. In the top of the bracket, I am thinking of taking the Bone Raiders...or just assume that Pro Popes will pull out just enough magic to make the finals - but actually it is the Norska Raiders that draw my attention. They are a rare norse team in that they have a good bench, well developed players...they have all the pieces needed to make a deep run here. Honestly, a lot of these undead teams just blend together - they are very similar really - hard to really pinpoint a favorite - I changed my mind several times...ultimately I think NewClassics will emerge from the bottom half of the bracket - but would not be surprised to see any of 5 teams make it out. In the end though...picking another of the minority races - with norse winning it.
--> Norska Raiders Wins!

Sad to see Norska Raiders fail - in first round even - they could not live up to the hype. Attention yet again goes to Pro Popes...can their coach use his magic to induce their way into the finals? As good a bet as any at this point. NewClassics is still alive in the second round...and as my projected finalist...they are now elevated to favorites to win.
--> Norska Raiders Wins!...no..no...New Classics Wins!

Azure wrote:

IV. Orc/Skaven/Vampire
So my team is part of this one - and I will not be picking them...but lead by Sam Axe - they are not a team that any Orc wishes to face. In the top half of the bracket there are going to be some classic massive Orc team vs smaller skaven team...however, the skaven teams all have claw and one-turners...plus a wizard as inducements. Cheese'n'Roll and Glass Is Half Full are both solid skaven teams that should be able come out on top half of the bracket - my pick is Glass Is Half Full. In the bottom half of the bracket, it is going to come down to Schlumpis and Lamez - two huge Orc teams that are well coached and both have all the pieces needed. I flipped a coin and picked Lamez as the winner to come out of the bottom half of the bracket. In the end though - I am going with the skaven team (with claw/one turner/wizard) to win it.
--> Glass Is Half Full Wins!

The only qualifier to really have lameness in not getting their first round games played. So not much to saw...Glass Is Half Full still on track - in the second round. With Burn Notice pummelled into the ground in their second round game - that clears the path even more so for Lamez/Schlumpis winner to get into the finals.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2013 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I managed to nuffle RC so my Cynwall sidsteppers [B] are through to the 3rd round.

SL
huff

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I woulda signed up.. Purely based on this thread. Great work/intrigue. Just when you think you don't feel like playing a game you read something like this and it gets you in the mood...

... Predictions/analysis/commentary is like the Lavitra for this game.
Azure

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Crown of Sands Qualifier Update:
Currently: 7/16 Semi-final games played.

Qualifier I: Chaos Dwarf / Amazon / Underworld
Psychopathic Killing Machines! vs. ???

1920 CD team will face either another CD team in the finals - but not sure which one yet. The PKMs are a solid non-bloated team. They have AG 4 hobgoblin for ballcarrier, ST 5 break tackle bull, clawpomber blocker - but then the necessary support pieces in guard blockers and dirty players without unncessary bloat. They are missing 1 blocker for the finals however - this may end up exposing their hobgoblins more.

Qualifier II: Human / Lizardman / Halfling
Pennybridge Knights vs. ???

1990 Humans in the finals facing either a fellow human team or the lizards that were pegged as favorites weeks ago. While the Pennybridge Knights have a solid team, it seems...lacking. Nothing jumps out as the reason they would win this qualifier. Sure they have a ST 4 MBPO, they also have some AG 4. However, they carry some injuries - and it is either nuffle or superior coaching that has brought them this far - and that is something that is hard to dismiss as they quietly go about training - awaiting their next opponent.

Qualifier III: Undead / Norse / Elf
Pro Popes vs. ???

1700 Pro Elves - winners of the third Black Cup - and constantly making deep runs in tournaments - these elves seem poised to again win a qualifier. Their final test will be a solid undead team. Certainly, this will be a qualifier final to see...can Dolls move another step closer to another major victory?

Qualifier IV: Orc / Skaven / Vampire
Burn Notice vs. ???

1840 Skaven team suffered 7 CAS last round and odds are they are too weak to make it much further. However, they have limped into the finals - their opponent to be either another skaven team (Glass Is Half Full) which has been pegged as the favorite to win. Or an upstart vampire team. The biggest question...where are the Orcs? 11 Orcs, 5 Skaven, and 2 Vampires applied to this qualifier...but the last 3 left standing are 2 Skaven and a Vampire team. This is a very sad testimony for the state of Orc teams in the Blackbox.

Qualifier V: Dwarf / Wood Elf / Goblin
Black Sithi vs. ???

2000 Wood Elf team - a two time major winner - one of the most feared teams in any major. They nearly lost to some dwarves in an earlier round, but the dwarves got silly and blew it. The Wood Elves are defined by their AG 5 leaping natural one turner and their stud wardancer to strip the ball. They do not play offense - just defense and one turning and they crush any who oppose them. Clearly, they and the Pro Popes are favorites to go all the way this year. Their opponent will be one of 2 possible dwarf teams and anyone still in the tournament is hoping for a dwarf upset victory here!

Qualifier VI: Khemri / Pact / High Elf
Welcome Raiders vs. ???

1980 Khemri await in the finals - a solid team and good coach. The team has a stud ST 4 blodge blitz-ra and a blodge thro-ra behind a nicely skilled group. A variety of skills allows their coach to exploit weaknesses and has worked so far. Only 1 high elf team entered this tournament...but they are still alive and have to take down another khemri in the semi-finals...then take on the Welcome Raiders. It is possible they could join Pro Popes and Black Sithi to make the final 8 look very elf dominated.

Qualifier VII: Chaos / Nurgle / Ogre
??? vs. ???

3 nurgle and 1 chaos teams have made it to the semi-finals - but so far the bash teams have not shown much eagerness in playing each other. As a sidenote the Ogres won a game! Grats to them for entering and winning one game - and making their second round opponent sweat out their game as well.

Qualifier VIII: Necromantic / Dark Elf / Slann
Dancing with Wolves vs. ???

1880 Necromantic team coached by a good coach is waiting in the finals...they will face a high AG dark elf team or another necromantic team. Dancing only has 1 tackler - so some question if they will have a chance in the finals...but their team is solid - and has the players they need. The semifinals game looks like a great matchup and the finals no matter who faces Dancing should also be a great match to watch!

Stay tuned for more updates as the qualifiers move into the final stages!
Azure

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Finished editing the update - anyone what to place bets on if 4 or more of the qualifier winners will be agility teams. Right now, Skaven, Wood Elves, Pro Elves are in their qualifier finals and High Elf and Dark Elves still have a shot. All five agility teams were not the most popular race in their qualifier - but they are rising to the top!
Strider84

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2013 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

In a onesided game the necros run over the dark elves 3:0 with basically a ko or cas every other turn, a blitz and a failed wiz on top.
latulike

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The two CDs finalist teams are now known. Each missing a blocker for the final.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2013 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

My Cynwall sidesteppers [B] make sure there will be noble elves in the main event! Very Happy
The khemri kindly waited until the last 2 turn before making any dent in the elves, which made the game a nightmare for the bones.

SL
latulike

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2013 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

CD finalist known : Tricktickler's Psychopathic Killing Machines won over my CD. But it was one heck of show to spectate, too bad you missed it, go watch T16 to T8 of OT, amazing stuff!

We received, couldn't manage to properly hurt, cpomber rolling pushes, fouler getting banned, so we couldn't stall properly and had to score quickly (T5) because of lack or RR left. Then the opposing coach had a normal CD offensive drive, taking out a lot of my players and scored on T8, 1st half. Second half, I had to push a lot to force a defensive TD or a quick score. It paid well, I broke three times the cage, but couldn't keep that luck with the ball bounces, each time an opposing hobbo or bull caught it.

But my star Bull tried to save the day and blitzed the hobbo on T16, forcing an amazing OT, where I received and had to stall and wait(6 v 11) for the clock to go down and hope for a lovely D6 shootout. I almost did it, the opposing team stole the ball, but my Bull still managed to do 3 dodges to get a 1db on a rookie hobbo, which ended into a SKULL.

A hard fight from my guys, we lose with pride.

Replay here
Ulrik

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2013 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that all qualifiers have ended, when will the main tourney be drawn?
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2013 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Having lucked my way into the finals, I'm also intrigued by this, as well as some of the etiquette regarding preparation. Does my team have to be readied before the finals draw?
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2013 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
Having lucked my way into the finals, I'm also intrigued by this, as well as some of the etiquette regarding preparation. Does my team have to be readied before the finals draw?

rtm http://fumbbl.com/help:Official+FUMBBL+Tournament+Rules
 Jump to: