34 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
We all have 8 games before we cull players to make the cap and we all have 8 games before players get "executed"... hehehe

My Mummy gets executed before I have to do any self culling right? Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope - everyone gets to TR150 and then we line someone up to get shot.

That way the top teams will start a bit below 150.

The way I figure it (and I have done some research) I believe 10 of the 18 teams will need to reduce themselves down to TR150. Then 5 of those 10 will go a bit lower and become mixed (in terms of TR ranking) with teams 11-18.

So the choice is yours. Do you cull your gun player voluntarily or do you cull skill-less lineman and rerolls and then take a big whack when someone takes out your block, guard, tackle, multiblock mummy?

Its all in the management strategy you employ!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Ooh i'm so excited to get my second game underway, and congrats Clay, this seems to be one heck of a tourney. Nice job with the round 2 preview.

Thanks Flaymin! Very Happy

Quote:
My poor poor darkies, beat up on again and slaughtered, again yet to score a touchdown, though I did get a wopping 9 spps out of this latest match. I think clay was a bit optimistic to say I would lose by only one when I began with only 8 players, especially because I was down to 5 after 3 turns in the first half, it was always going to be a blow out unfortunatly

Well neverborn, I could hardly kick you while you are down... that would be slack! Oh hang on... I did kick Miyuso when he is down!?! Consider yourself lucky Razz
gumbi

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=334685

Last night saw the clash of the Surgut Stompers and the Henris Mannen. I was very lucky to come away with this game i believe. High cas count, his apoc was used on the death by fist, then the crowd threw a rock in to take out the poor lineman responsible for BH one of the blackorcs.

Nice clean game with no fouling (fouling = the devil)
Gonzalillo

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Sry i coulnt answer your replies before... What I meant is i found a great idea decrease St of top teams but will you agree if i tell you that #1 class is stronger than #5, isnt it?

So i proposed that system becasue i found fair punish less the last top classificated than the first... Just another example, what about the 6th classificated? Will that team be much more stronger than 5th?? i think it wont be polite kill the 5th team best player, just by killing (death is unavoidable in BB as seen :O ) the third stronger player will be enought... This is just my opinion, we all have clear somobody in top teams has to be fired, the question is who??

PD:Oh clay, nice preview, I'm sorry both teams (Bardulf Princess' and my Heirs) could not score more TD Sad but by the moment you have guess all result; any suggestion in the lottery?? Smile
Mully

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Lizangeles Swamp Beasts 3 vs Activitaea Gamers 0</b>

An odd game where the elves decided to stall on their opening posession and it cost them. Morley's Revenge handicap made it a close game numbers wise. A lack of rerolls hurt both teams with little or no block skills.

A skink RIPed early and while the apoth was still in the bathroom. Elf armor held up well which should help them for their next game.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2004 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your input Gonz, I can now see where you are heading, but I have to politely disagree.

The reason I disagree is a) the culling of players needs to be somewhat brutal to ensure that teams in the lower half of the comp can be competitive in the following season and b) if you have the removal of the 3rd Best Player for Team #5, then you will be diluting the requirement that Coach's need to manage SPP distribution.

Thanks for your thoughts though Smile
Gonzalillo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ok Clay, you are right.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I sent you all a PM re the Farm League...

Some feedback I have had already is that its not required...

I thought it would be nice, but if people want to drop it or feel its unnecessary, can you let me know...

Thanks
Flaymin

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyrants-Daemons 1-1 http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=339216

Hard but fair game with one aim: punish the ball carrier:) Now I just cant wait for the next match.
chunky04

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, it got to the point where players were crying out, please, don't make me touch the ball!

No wonder that silly beastman didn't want to pick it up in the first half, maybe he's prescient?

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I thought it would be nice, but if people want to drop it or feel its unnecessary, can you let me know...

Clay - my experience this past year with the MLB is that an unstructured Farm league does not work. Too hard to find games. That's why next year I am changing MLB to a structured league.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I will put on hold the Farm League concept...

If your team gets trashed, then tough luck for that season.

New teams will be allowed to join in subsequent seasons but at TR100 rookie status.
Flaymin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Come On people get your games underway!! And Clay, if you have time and more creativity etc. could you please write another round preview (please, pretty please) It adds so much to the league.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>League Update</b>
I am expecting the <b>Bellys vs Mass Anihalators</b> match to be played soon... I have received PM's from both and they will try and make time in the next 24-48 hours...

And yes, previews will take place each round... just have to wait for the swiss draw to spit out who plays who!
 Jump to: