25 coaches online • Server time: 09:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Late game fouling ok?
Kill and maim as much as possible, this is BloodBowl
48%
 48%  [ 78 ]
The other player has feelings too, he might cry if a gif icon went to the injury box, dont foul!!
51%
 51%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 162

MixX

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, joy, another fouling thread, just what we needed! Wink

thnx Veron and Sinner
Perox

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! That's off topic! Or is it? Wink
thnx Veron and Sinner and MixX
gg
veron

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kruppe, like was mentioned in the beginning of this thread, there is another thread like this, and in fact, it is more than 10 pages long (last I looked). Lot of talk on the subject over there so you might want to check that out also. I'm sure a lot of people have gotten sick on the subject by now so they don't bother answering on the same topic again, and again, and again...
odi

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling on turn 16? Well, if the game has already become a grudge match, why not.
Normally fouling depends on what team I'm playing, with gobbos and flings, I will give you the boot every time there's a good opportunity. With other teams, I seldom foul.
MixX

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

lock this thread! lock this thread! (continues chanting until a big bad monkey carries him off)
Mully

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

If people really feel this way, they are sissies. This is a freaking boardgame. If you react to one of your "playing pieces" getting taken off the board, maybe you are not mature enough to play a simple boardgame.

No Kruppe, I think it is you who is not the mature one. You sound like the type of player who in real life would kick someone from behind and then run to the sidelines behind your teammates.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll play anyone who plays by the rules this includes fouling. I hvae even made a couple of turn 8 fouling og push-out moves. Mainly for revenge or when playing gobbos or the like (since it is the spirit of the team). Fouling is a tool for winning like any other, and fouling in turn 8 is just purely mean or vengefull, but who says mean and venngefull isnt okay sometimes.

Normally I still get pissed by a turn 8 foul on my star, but well werewolfs and elves get injured anyway.

What really pisses me off is when people dont play by the rules, I'll foul any dwarven ogre whenever I get the chance.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Waddayamean Lorion?
Grandfathered players are by the rules....
SoulClaw

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

fouling is a part of the game... and i do it, to gain advamtiges in the game... "his ogre is in my way.. foul him out or get beaten to a pulp" im fouling... but then again i am exspecting him to return the favor.. if he fouls me in the game.. what ever the turn it might be, i WILL return the favour.. even if it has to be turn 16.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

OH joy, ANOTHER fouling thread. That's just what we needed.

I thank nobody. I am evil.

Asperon Thorn
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

can I play ya too? I never foul Mr. Green
Gil-Galad

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

deathgerbil wrote:
can I play ya too? I never foul Mr. Green

I concur. He misclicked his dirty players - in fact, until i said him what dirty player reall did two days ago, he thought it was a passing skill.
MacLeod

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Kruppe wrote:
hmm Surtur, I think I will win that game.

On another note, one of my opponents got the Get the ref. He fouled me every turn in the first half. Is that against the "community rules"

Get the ref is an opportunity to foul without repercussions, true. But don't come out with the "its part of the game" defense for last turn fouling. If that's true, I want to see you pass, dodge, block, die, handoff, blitz, freeboot, wizard, apoth, and every other rule, EVERY GAME. Fouling is a tool to advance your position and help win the game. The problem people have with foulers like you is simple. They play Bloodbowl to have fun with the game. Foulers play Bloodbowl to have fun fouling and injuring other players. That's fine, it is part of the game...but what about the part you're obviously missing? The last play hail mary for a cmpletion in the end zone for the win?

Or is it only ok, if he fouls me every turn EXCEPT turn 8, please clarify.

Clarification is not needed here. Foul all you want, none of us can change your mind. I just think it would be good to consider fouling every turn EXCEPT the last one. Or does one turn not fouling spoil the entire game for you? If it does, then see the previous paragraph for the rest of the game fun you're missing.

In our league teams who cant reach the playoffs do everything they can to hurt as much as possible instead of winning and its all part of the fun!!

Yes it is!!! It's also TOURNAMENT!!! Its expected, its decent, its SUPPOSED to happen. The best way to see yourself t the championship is to make sure you're the only one there! However, small point here, its tournament. In open play, its just spiteful. If you get no SPPs or anything for your team or players, there is no reason to foul on the last turn. Even saying "it was a tactical foul" is misleading, because its really just spite. Now, if your opponent has a turn 8 after yours, by all means, foul! Then he has the opportunity to reciprocate (if he wishes to). If your turn 8 is the end, what's the point? I'm sure you can dream one up though. Like I said before, we won't change your mind.

Mac
meshur

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats another player I won't be playing even a first time Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

well me and thrall are having a mini competition to see who has the highest cas caused/game (he is currently winning with 3.8 last time i looked while i had 3.73....) one foul would take me above thrall so i can gloat for a short period of time... Wink

/me is fed up of this topic now and doesnt know why in fact he posted...
 Jump to: