36 coaches online • Server time: 10:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2014 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
Dominik wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
It's most certainly the racial modifier. You can bet that nurgle rarely lose to necros on that tv level...

edit: actually I checked and you only lost about 0.9 CR which is about what you would expect from an equal slightly unadvantagous match.

172,63 before the game and 171,17 after it.
I see that Necromantic have it kind of though at TV 1700 against Nurgle but playing down by 130k TV evens things a bit.

Lundgren wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
I see....Dom at his best!

I guess your team's pretty good at exploiting CRP but not so good at exploiting CR (no P).

Remember racial modifiers affect the CR. High TV Nurgle are better than high TV Necro.

Like Cool

Here is your second chance to admit that a dicing took place in our game!

/me shakes head

Since this is actually the continuation of our game report, im totally fine with what I'm writing here. Not that I wanted to have it and the OT was poorly placed, but it is what it is now.

A philosophical question: If the victorious player does not agree that the outcome of a game was purely based in one-sided dices, is such a denial a sort of reverse whining? Or am I the only one who dislikes it?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2014 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're a 'one man gang' on several issues, Dominik! So no surprises here. Personally I think it's bad form to credit a guys win to dice. I may talk about the dice during the game or post game, however to credit the opponents win to dice, is very low in my opinion.

Average CR is now 142 eh! Wow that is low, I thought it was (and was meant to, just a hunch) average out at 145. Maybe the 145 club needs a new name. The 142.39 club?

How did he lose 0.9 in that match? Isn't it 1.4? Not that it matters much.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2014 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

In the end, does it matter if the outcome of the game was nothing but the dice rolled in a specific game since you have a reasonable expectation that it could happen at some point? Say what you will about skill in this game, some days you get no breaks, some days you get all the breaks. You shouldn't seem so bent out of shape that someone else won't let you off the hook for losing one game.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hasn't anyone told Dom that he always loses more CR than anyone else on the site would under the exact same conditions. It's called - 'The Dom algorithm'

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think you're a 'one man gang' on several issues, Dominik! So no surprises here. Personally I think it's bad form to credit a guys win to dice. I may talk about the dice during the game or post game, however to credit the opponents win to dice, is very low in my opinion.

Average CR is now 142 eh! Wow that is low, I thought it was (and was meant to, just a hunch) average out at 145. Maybe the 145 club needs a new name. The 142.39 club?

How did he lose 0.9 in that match? Isn't it 1.4? Not that it matters much.

There are defeats where I believe nothing could be done against them. Since dices are involved in this game unlike in American Football or chess, game reports are the correct place to get rid of the bad emotions. Normal defeats aren't commented like this.
Isn't it "low" to put back the responsibility in a game chat into the opponents hands as if it was his fault that the game progresses badly for him or maybe worse as if it was only superior tactics despite the bad dices that allows to go for the win?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Hasn't anyone told Dom that he always loses more CR than anyone else on the site would under the exact same conditions. It's called - 'The Dom algorithm'

Shhhhhhhh, we want to keep that in the reserves just in case he goes really nuts about this. Wink
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

First thing you should have done was petty in a wiz.
Every single match anyone has ever played they could have played better - you could have played better so don't blame the dice, blame yourself.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
First thing you should have done was petty in a wiz.
Every single match anyone has ever played they could have played better - you could have played better so don't blame the dice, blame yourself.

Tackle-less Nurgle against Necromantic with a Blodge MC Werewolf and a Blodge DT Flesh Golem have better usage of a ST 4 chainsaw SP than of a one-shot Wizard. The low MA and AG speaks for it too.

Last edited by Dominik on %b %10, %2014 - %00:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

Isn't it "low" to put back the responsibility in a game chat into the opponents hands as if it was his fault that the game progresses badly for him or maybe worse as if it was only superior tactics despite the bad dices that allows to go for the win?

It's no more "low" than depriving a victor of his psychological spoils of victory by claiming he had no hand in it what-so-ever and invoking dice as the true winner.

Most coaches can admit when they road a sea of sixes to victory, but if the other coach is looking for an "out" as to why they weren't the legitimate victor, no, sore losers don't get that polite admission.

I'll say this once and only once - you're too good of a coach to worry about this kind of thing.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Its probably events like Blitz! against me but its me kicking off the pitch two opposing players in the following turn by myself which cause different views in who is actually the gifted one by dices. Or the loose cage which was broken by some 5's and 4's and hit your ball carrier to the ground but I regain the ball next turn and foul the blitzer to pieces, notably after when I was heaving a massive advantage in manpower by early knockouts.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I know how fun it is to feel like your at the mercy of dice. In fact we all do. And yes it sucks. But the dice rolled, good or bad, is at no point your opponents fault.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Jimmy BrOgres in the box!
and reform Team Fantastic too please thanks
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I will say this though - There are portents of doom in Bloodbowl:

CAS Player from Thrown Rock.
First 3d6 block is triple skulls w/loner, naturally.
Blitz! kickoff result where defense CAS offensive player.

Usually, any of these events lead to more and more bad events for the adversely affected.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I know how fun it is to feel like your at the mercy of dice. In fact we all do. And yes it sucks. But the dice rolled, good or bad, is at no point your opponents fault.

The dices are nobody's fault, at least not until the admin client is proven true. Purplegoo wrote about #1-4 coaches and if you suffer a real dicing, it is usually nigh on impossible to tie against even #2. #1 can be ?always? won against.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2014 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

To continue this debate, I'd be forced to read something Pgoo wrote? Confused

Never mind, you're completely right. Your opponent only won because he got good dice and you got bad dice. Although, we're certainly not blaming your opponent, since he had nothing to do with the dice that were rolled. Still, damn him for being such a filthy and unattractive lucker!