54 coaches online • Server time: 23:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2014 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

we should do an end of season reward for most perm injurys

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

another game in the books and the bad streak continues for the Chaos Morgue-Stars(and my fumbbl games in general). in the first half they were unable to roll anything higher than 1 one and after a good drive from UK Bound Puppeteers they were 1-0 down. they then had the ball kicked to them, caught deep in the back field after starting the drive out numbered due to poor ko rolls. they were over powered and after a super play from the Uk bound puppeteers they were 2-0 down.

At this point we gave up playing "blood Bowl" and just focused on blocking for all of the second half managing to cause a whopping 1 cas.

Well played Jumboparagon you will do well in the league. does anyone have a rabbits foot they can send me?

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a lot of inducements to use against yugzilla and went maximum mayhem. Good thing I rolled two 1s for my saw actions right off the bat. Ugly game, not very good play on my part but it was fun none the less.
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The Rematch!!!!

Black Death Buccaneers vs Men of Stakes.

I was going to do a details match report but i will just summarize it.

Really close game, 1-1 in the last turn then the men of stakes did the most ridiculous play with no rerolls i have ever seen in my life. 3 dodges and a gfi from a receiver and a dodge and pass from the thrower robber us of a point in the league.

Topped off by only getting 10k winning for the 3RD GAME IN A ROW!!!!!!

Thinking of changing the scoring system next season to give losing coaches 1pt to allow them to add on bountys and reward people for playing their games.

p.s.

4 games in and no skills on any players

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Very close game, which the Men of Stakes had no business winning.

A miraculous pass play steals the win from the beplagued Nurgles after I lost track of the turn timer.

Sorry Mayhem, silly humans doing elf stuff; )

(Btw, what happens if you collect your own bounty?)
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

as in you kill the player you put the bounty on? then it works as normal.

But lets say your player has a bounty on him and fails a gfi. you wont get it then.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

League match one: Men of Stakes versus Ressurection Rockers

"Are those even allowed?"
"Whatever we need..., you know there's a necromancer right on the lines, ready to put whatever we pull apart back together. With these, he won't be able to..."
"You sure?"
"Gotta try sometime,.."

With these words nobleman Karl put away his silver knucklebracers behind behind his breastplate. Time to to line-up versus some unholy creatures, fresh from their shallow graves.

The first official league-match starts. The brotherhood receives first, and starts to bash down on the opposing zombies and other horrid beasts. Early in the first half one of the werewolfs makes a break for it and claws at Karls armour. He barely manages to stay upright, only to smack the evil wolf right in the eyes with his silver bracers. A deafening howl ensues as the wolf smacks down on the pitch, head cracked open, blood flowing. He won't be getting up. Ever.

Feeling triumphant about his little trick working, Karl sprint towards the other wolf, and bashes his brains in too. Only this team the opposing team's necromancer was better prepared, and saves the wolf from his wounds.

Still, not a bad score, these wolves won't hamper our game today.

(Btw, I'd vote for every team being allowed 1 'free' bounty per season, to get it going. If your standing is good, you might not want to use the point for one, if it's bad, you might get the points to do so only very late into the season. This way all teams get a shot at bounty points!Very Happy)
Timetis

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

(And another report for match 2, planning to do one for each league match)

Second league match, DOTP

"What would he look like?"
"Does it matter?"
"He has been with THEM for over a month now,.."
"No need to discuss the matter any further. We need to end Erwin's suffering. Take any opportunity to end this foul being he has become."
"Aye", all Men echoe.

Erwin von Horstmann's infested body starts deep, taunting the Men of Stakes by his very existence. What follows is a frantic game of bloodbowl. Men and horrors run around the pitch, no organization is to be found anywhere. This is more battle than ballgame.

Whilst facing the massive beast, who seems much more alert than last time the Men met it, Luthor manages to get a hit in on his former brother. He smacks him in the jaw and tries to crush the creature's skull with his boot whilst it's falling. Luther stumbles due to a tentacle from the beast clasping his leg, and only manages to destroy the creature's hand.

Both team's continue to hack into eachother, David gets his ribs broken by a powerful slam from the hulking armoured fiend known as Lewdgall Axeflux, and one of the other rotters trembles over his own legs, and manages to dislocate his own back.

One-one on the scoreboard, just a few seconds left before the game ends. Our quick; Theo, is surrounded, and needs a far-fletched run to be able to receive the pass. The stars align, and Jürgen makes the easy pass after Theo managed to struggle himself free.

This is a hollow vengeance, Erwin's body was only made to suffer more. The team still writes down five points in the league's books thanks to Theo's incredible run.
pubstar

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 2 match: Pubstar's Second Chancers vs. Resurrection Rockers

Pubstar's Second Chancers lined up to receive the kick knowing that two other teams in the league had won their matches already; to stay with the pack, they would need to win this match and join the other undefeated squads in the DOTP South Division.

Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy received the kick as the front lines knocked some zombies around. Roar Gobcrusher was anxious to get his hands on the filthy werewolf, Cliff Burton, but the lycanthrope stayed in the backfield and played safety. The shambling horde quickly surrounded Pubstar's misfit crew, but Euron was able to spring free, sprinting downfield in hopes of scoring early. This finally spurred the wolf into action, but to no avail. Euron was sacked, but the Second Chancers would not be denied. After a disastrous series of failed blocks by The Rockers, Euron was able to spring to his feet and score the first touchdown.

The second half began with 9 Rockers and 10 Second Chancers, with a point in the Second Chancers' favor - things were looking good, but there was still plenty of time for the Rockers to score an equalizer. After a few turns of offense, Nymeria was able to sack the opposing wight ballcarrier, and it was off to the races. Lineman Das Lumpengesindel scored late in the game to make it 2-0, Chancers!

In the bloody aftermath, Euron - the team's best player - suffered a fractured skull courtesy of the unholy golem Ian Curtis. After this, Roar Gobcrusher decided to sprint out and score again - the Second Chancers had failed all afternoon to injure the undead, so he took the opportunity to hurt them on the scoreboard in the final turn of the match.

The Second Chancers are up against extremely long odds in their next match, as they play up against a powerful dwarf squad - without Euron! The team also will be taking extra hitting drills this week as they prepare for the rest of the season; 1 casualty in 62 blocks is NOT acceptable to coach pubstar!

Fun match, dingermouse! Good luck with the team the rest of the way!

Timetis

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2015 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Shame I couldn't spec. Grats on the win!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 3 Kickoff:

If you can't beat the heat, you can't beat Goblins

It started off as a nice day for Bloodbowl, the little green lads had fire in their belly from Roscoe's Possum Pie and were ready to take it to these Necromatic meanies.

First Half:

Normal kickoff, get the extra reroll from cheering fans who were there to support me in a big way today (more on that later). I played to score first and foremost since I was down a troll and Inmate #144 is skilless. Popped open a nice bit of space on the lower half of the pitch on turn 4 as Dingermouse made an effort to corral me in on the top half and made a break for it forcing either a frenzy blitz from a wolf to reach on 2 gfis or to just get in position. I wound up scoring a bit earlier than I wanted but the little green lads insisted they were up to the task of playing defense.

Enter Swelter Heat. Heat can really be the great equalizer in stunty matches and this was the case.

Lothario was able to pop the ball free but unfortunately after such a nice play the rest of the team decided not to really do much of anything and take it easy and sacrificed a touchdown on turn 8.

Second Half:

The same lackadaisical attitude infected the Resurrection Rocker's bench during the half-time as none of his positionals wanted to go out there and make plays due to heat. He was left with nothing but zombies and flesh golems and that kind of setup is not friendly to aggressive gobbos. I was able to get into position for a 4+ pickup turn 2, hit it and then made my way to the endzone line. I wasn't going to waste my good fortune on the heat so I tried a bit of a stall but could only hold until turn 4.

Kick off again and finally the Rockers get their helmets on straight and decide that infamy of losing to such a rag tag squad will not do. Unfortunately for them, Lothario used his big stick again on a 2d6, 1 GFI block to throw all of that planning into disarray. The ball wound up settling near the sideline and unfortunately there was no good path to the ball for his werewolf to pick up the ball and get into position to score. So he went to pick up the ball, fumbled it out of bounds, then got surfed on the next turn by Lothario. The crowd threw the ball in to a place where no play could be made and it was game over at that point.

When you can't win due to CAS, maddening agility, or positioning, pray for Heat!

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %12, %2015 - %20:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Timetis

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2015 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice report, great game to watch! (For the goblins that is, poor necro's suffering from sunburns!)
Timetis

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Third league match, DOTP

Men of Stakes' coach enters the team's encampement with a trio of grizzled men, and a squabbling mass of townsfolk. One of men them wears a facemask, the other is a bright mage, according to his fiery robes, and the third is a huge and grinning man, flicking smiles and winking at the townsfolk behind him, clearly being the object of their adoration.

"These three are going to help us win the game tomorrow. Do as they say."

After this short statement the team's coach retreats to his private quarters, leaving the team to get stand bazzled as they quickly surround these imposing individuals.

The grinning man opens his mouth first. He speaks in short and staccato sentences, and it's clear he won't bear any contradictions.

"Here's the plan. I'm going to be the star tomorrow, and you chumps are here to catch punches and keep the biggest orcs out of my way. Hold your line, I'll do the rest."

The Men clamor in disbelief. Who is this man to bark orders at them? Team captain Luther looks dazed and for once does not know what to say.

Matchday. The masked man shows up at the encampment carrying a huge rattling chainsaw, much to the delight of the team. Griff looks even more imposing wearing his suit of armor. After telling the wizard to 'wait for my signal' the game is off.
The Orcs are very prepared. They drive back the Men who try to form a defence on their own half whilst Griff and team's catcher Theo run towards the orc holding the ball. Griff puts his fist in the air and out of nowhere a massive fireblast slams the ground, throwing 3 orcs and the ball to the ground. Griff rams the last one out of the way and Theo is free to grab the ball and run for the endzone, scoring a quick touchdown, 1-0 for the Men. After the score the masked lunatic isn't seen anymore after he had a stern talking to from the referee.

With plenty of time still on the clock, the Men, invigorated by this early succes, manage to hold their own versus the massive orcs.

Second half, the Men receive. Jürgen is unable to pickup the ball, and the orcs quickly capitalize and score, only to BLITZ the Men on their next setup. A daring move by both Griff and catcher Theo pressures the ball, and after taking a few more cracking punches and daring dodges the Men walk away with a 1-1 draw.

There won't be complaints next time one of the big stars is attracted to play for the team.
pubstar

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

This match happened: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3650601

After a hot start, the Second Chancers have taken two bad losses in a row now. Even with Goblins in the final week, their chances of winning the division look bleak. The Men of Stakes were angry, I assume, about the bounty placed on Karl Whats-his-name by Coach Pubstar. The Stakes responded by putting my team in a box, then putting the ball in the end zone - repeatedly!

The Second Chancers will be bringing their boots for the final week's match - the Ruff Ryders have two bounties placed on their heads, and the Chancers picked up a DP in the aftermath of their recent trouncing. Collecting a bounty may be their last shot at redemption!

Timetis

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Long time, no updates!

With the end of the first season of revived DOTP coming in sight, some coaches have deemed their chances at the playoffs so slim, they instead decided to throw their points and money at placing a hell of a lot of bounties at other team's coaches. Here is a short overview of current outstanding bounties (Also at our group page).

Remember, putting one of these players in the RIP-bin wins you leaguepoints, and the gratefullness of your fellow coaches. So get to playing those last few games, and get to fouling!

Sorted per team, in order of team with most highest amount of bounties placed upon it's players

Team Men Of Stakes:
Karl von Strauberen zum Abdeldorpf
[picon=436290]
Sir Günter von Kepflerdrammsen
[picon=436290]
Theo Geinmannsteiner
[picon=436288]
The Unspeakable
[picon=436291]

Team Pynk Phlemyngo Ruff Rydahz:
Inmate #144
[picon=436278]
Bubba the Burglar
[picon=436274]
Duane The Chaw Chewin' Logger
[picon=436436]

Team Pubstar's Second Chancers:
Next Best Thing
[picon=436309]
Das Lumpengesindel
[picon=440139]

Team Death of the Pharaos:
Uncle Ben
[picon=436301]
Seitan
[picon=436301]

Team Undeath on the Pitch:
Bennu
[picon=436303]
Phoenix
[picon=436303]

Team Khazad-dûm Guardians:
Nain the Fearless
[picon=436268]
Khazads Death Machine
[picon=436269]

Team UK Bound Puppeteers:
Ralph the Wizz
[picon=436254]
The Maestro
[picon=436254]

Team Salford Fire 49ers:
Ricky O'Connel
[picon=436320]
Mark Pickup
[picon=436318]

Team Black Death Buccanneers
Thighrotten Fattremble
[picon=436313]
Sorespite Blightgrab
[picon=436311]

EDIT: the links work, the playerpics do not. Refer to the grouppage for pretty pixels.
 Jump to: