45 coaches online • Server time: 09:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

cool idea, but yeah.. they're not stunty!
GreySeerFerretBitten

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't you call it a Halfling Circus? Adds to the "stunty" feel.

Toward that end, I would consider dropping the acrobat's MV to 5 and adding stunty.

Also, they are jugglers not passers, so I see no reason why they could not be stunty too. Nor need they be particularly armored, drop AV 6. They retain the Dump Off trait, and passing access making them good with the ball at short ranges.

Without those changes they would be too durable for stunty leeg.

With those changes, it retains its unique playstyle (massive amount of TTM). Throw in some of the Hungry Halfling ideas that have been floating around, and you've got a hilarious team!

FerretBitten
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the only weakness for including this team is the fluff, which feels tacked on. Why does that work? Because it has an awesome, unique playstyle. I would strongly support adding either this or the horrors team in with stunty (both have the right stuff/ttm combo linemen, which is a really cool feature).
spiggle

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

TTM on the acrobat doesn't seem right. wouldn't leap be more in flavour

Get Orcs Out of Faction.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

if it had a different fluff it could be cool, but pls. no circus, no fish, no animals. re-name positionals and it can be a good roster.
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

spiggle wrote:
TTM on the acrobat doesn't seem right. wouldn't leap be more in flavour

The entire concept of the team is to have non-Stunty TTM/Right Stuff players to toss each other. Take that away, and there's nothing left.

For a Leap team, look to Slann.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
if it had a different fluff it could be cool, but pls. no circus, no fish, no animals. re-name positionals and it can be a good roster.

Amen!
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This is very strange that the fluff is not adequate giving who this team came from and what his views are on the fluff requirements...

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't find it insufficient, I just find it boring/unfitting to have a circus team in stunty league. At least a human circus team. It doesn't feel suitable that an abundance of miniature human circus people ride around playing Blood Bowl.

It's like the smurf team, but not quite as bad.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, if they are a circus then let them entertain and amuse people. but if they play blood bowl they no longer a circus.... geeez CIRCUS!!! it just reminds me of the film called "A bug's life" i just REALLY wouldnt like it.
Crik

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

HunterX wrote:

So here is the most recent roster from Evo's blog:
Quote:
Circus Team Big Mayhem under the Big Top
Quantity Name M ST AG AV Skills & Traits Skill Access Cost
0-12 Acrobat 6 2 3 6 Right Stuff, Dodge, Throw Team Mate A 40K
0-2 Juggler 5 2 3 7 Dump Off A, P 40 K
0-1 Freak 5 3 2 8 Really Stupid, Foul Appearance S, Ph 60K
0-1 Strongman 4 5 1 8 Throw Team Mate, Thick Skull S 100K
Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: No
Re-rolls: 50K

Fluff: Circus troupes have become desperate due to the popularity of Blood Bowl. So desperate, in fact, that many have joined the Stunty Leeg in order to "survive".
Unique: The only way I can see human playing in the Leeg. Small but not quite "stunty". Their aerobatic skills makes this team distinct, while not duplicating another team's schtick (that's why there is no human cannonball in this circus).
Novel Playing Style: A team with a "true" passing game. And with only 1 "Big Guy" this team should focus more on scoring than slaughter... a welcome addition to the Leeg???

What do you all REALLY think?!?

0-12 Acrobat 6 2 3 6 Right Stuff, Dodge, Throw Team Mate A 40K
TTM, is it right? huh?

I think this should be the next stunty team, a great idea. U know, in a circus, there's a lot of weird guys; dwarf, midget, some have a mutation....That lead to a lot possibilities. But its true we're in stunty leeg, so i would give 'stunty' to the acrobat but maybe also catch and/or NoS. What d'you think?

Edit: And where's the problem with the fluff thing?? Or some of you have a lack of imagination ;-D
Edit2: RR 50k to 60k ?
gildor_inglorion

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

great team concept, with the removal of general on big guys they should get a general access player.

imagine small people from a circus to join the bb stunty leeg isnt that absurd fluffwise. there are circus concepts in the old world, see the minis for a chaos circus or wandering circusĀ“in wfrpg. they arent bb players at first but on the other hand u would expect eshins to be assasins too.

hm, the lack of stunty will make them less vulnerable to injouries ;(

and yepp - they should have a wizard!

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a travelling circus group playing Blood Bowl sounds fun as fluff for an individual team, but it feels weird if they are around in abundance. But that's just my personal opinion.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
I think a travelling circus group playing Blood Bowl sounds fun as fluff for an individual team, but it feels weird if they are around in abundance. But that's just my personal opinion.

Agreed
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:

I feel the same way about roaming bands of ball-playing rat-Ninjas. Wink
 Jump to: