51 coaches online • Server time: 16:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I might be interested in such a league with european time zones! So if you find an admin and get this thing going just let me know! Very Happy

Thunder and lightning heading your way
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder that we could do it without admin help. It would be probably painful to deliver all aspects with training matches, and trade limited to draft capital, but we could do it in theory ourselves. Unless i miss an aspect, of course.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, there is a chance of admin help. Very possible that the admin help would be limited to draft stage, so there would be no in-season transaction possible.

I am willing to consult the admins, lay out the rules which fit the agreed admin work. I probably wont comish the league though.

So i suggest to everybody to show the level of interest here. If you are committed, dont wait. If you also want to comish the league (even if you dont want to play), then shout, too.

Cheers, and hope the best!

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

As stated already, I'm interested. Don't know anything about a draft but I'm sure I'll pick it up

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
What about Australians Painstate? We're probably in between somewhere.

I follow NFL. I like what the NFL NA League does, but I can't take it seriously with those teams, the farming matches and the draft system. It is fun and that's good but I think the College NA league is a much better representation of blood bowl league play.

Both have their place I suppose, but if I was looking to become heavily invested in one league in Europe - it would certainly be WIL.

How can anything be a 'best' representation of blood bowl league play?

RTFM!

Wink
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I wonder that we could do it without admin help. It would be probably painful to deliver all aspects with training matches, and trade limited to draft capital, but we could do it in theory ourselves. Unless i miss an aspect, of course.

Yeah I just had a brainwave in a lecture this afternoon (great use of my time lol) A structure could be worked out based on number of skills that can be picked.

For example in a three player draft. One player might have 5 skills that can be picked but can only be picked from normals, one player has 4 skills but is allowed to pick doubles if they come up and one 3 skills but is allowed to pick doubles and stats if rolled. So one is drafting potential rather than exact skills. Of course any skills are allowed for any future level ups.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Now, there is a chance of admin help. Very possible that the admin help would be limited to draft stage, so there would be no in-season transaction possible.

I am willing to consult the admins, lay out the rules which fit the agreed admin work. I probably wont comish the league though.

So i suggest to everybody to show the level of interest here. If you are committed, dont wait. If you also want to comish the league (even if you dont want to play), then shout, too.

Cheers, and hope the best!

Like I said I am fine to commish, probably a good thing to have a co-commish or two to keep things smooth if I was going through a busy patch like my uni exam periods or holidays where more than playing games is too much. Though these last a week or two max so no big deal really. Or for unforseen circumstances. Plus I would love a commish that can make the league look nice as I can't do picture edits well or graphics and am not good with BB code.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
Though these last a week or two max so no big deal really.
The FDL draft (16 coaches) has gone on for 27 days and we just finished round 5 of 8. One-round drafts take just a week or two. (The NBFL draft typically is about 2 weeks, but it's only one round and there are no trades.)

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
This is a very good analytical site:
http://overthecap.com/

Ravens projected offseason plan
http://overthecap.com/ravens-2016-offseason-preview/

Redskins projected offseason plan
to be published, but i expect in about a week.

Cool just had a look through thanks.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:
Though these last a week or two max so no big deal really.
The FDL draft (16 coaches) has gone on for 27 days and we just finished round 5 of 8. One-round drafts take just a week or two. (The NBFL draft typically is about 2 weeks, but it's only one round and there are no trades.)

I don't know what others think but I find that too long the fdl. Initial draft of 3-4 rounds with the same for expansions and then 1 or 2 each season should be fine.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's your league do it your way.

No reason you can't make changes on the fly, the key thing is to have a solid group of 8, 16, 32 (or whatever) coaches who are actively engaged in understanding and playing in the league.

FDL is a 16 team league with an 8 round draft with trades and other aspects that make the draft longer than it needs to be if it were simplified. NBFL is a 32 team league with a 1+ (some teams get comp picks and new teams get expansion picks) round draft. Again, it could go faster than it does, but mostly the time allotted to it is good for letting people have a breather between seasons.

You could do the draft in 4 hours if you could get all the coaches together on IRC (or whatever you prefer) to just hammer it out as well. But that requires everyone being able to give up that chunk of time at the same time. Easier for an 8 team test league than a 16+ team league.

Again, the key is having the rules clearly in place and everyone understanding them. I'm sure bgh can help a lot with that as he has been quite active in making sure the FDL system is functional and transparent, though frankly, ryanfitz already did a great job setting it up, but the additional scrutiny from a 2nd set of eyes is always good.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, i think we should collect coaches.

!!!!!!!!!Big cheers to: mister__joshua!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like he will help with the admin part.

As i said i volunteered for the rules work. The system i would suggest is as follows:
- Each franchise selects a pimped (well developed) cornerstone player. This would be known before the draft. (Details to be announced later)
- 7 rounds of drafting (at this point i am assuming FDL table of prospects)
- 4 players after the draft can be purchased, and apply a "simple" skill as coach wishes for each
- Rest of the roster could be filled with rookie players

Consequences of administration:
- Unlimited gold
- Apo and exactly 3 rerolls, cant buy cheerleader or assistant coach
- Coach may hire a rookie guy anytime
- No in season roster transaction, except buying rookie players, and firing players. So no in season trading, or signing of unsigned players.
- Trading, and admin intervention only during draft period
- No inducement allowed (as gold is unlimited)
- Losing teams will get best draft pods in next season
- Future draft will be as few rounds as manageable, but minimum of 4

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds like a great result. So many draft rounds is ok for me if only once.

Couple of things to wonder what people thought. No player retirments during the season could be fluffy addition. Teams get banged up and just have to roll wth it.

Second do we think a copy of the franchises is best as in the NFL or should we make up our own european franchises. Either is cool for me, just something interesting to think about.

Any race limits?

DLE College 7s
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

"Any race limits?"
All are Human base (chassis).

"No player retirments during the season could be fluffy addition. Teams get banged up and just have to roll wth it. "
You would probably keep the "cornerstone" players, but i would not limit coaches at retiring "cheap meat". As rosters would be full house (16), it is easier to carry an injured player.

" Second do we think a copy of the franchises is best as in the NFL or should we make up our own european franchises. Either is cool for me, just something interesting to think about. "
I am fine with either of those.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by human base. I was meaning should there be race limits on the number of teams per race.

I would like to try european franchises but I wonder if it would be as popular. I supose could just allow people to either pick an existing NFL or make a euolropean one.

DLE College 7s
 Jump to: