54 coaches online • Server time: 17:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the best player in Blood Bowl?
Wardancer
60%
 60%  [ 66 ]
Undead Mummy
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Necromantic Werewolf
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Gutter Runner
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Snotling
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
A piece of FUMBBL pie
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 110

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

if there's a wardancer on the board, the game isn't over.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Not much verbal love for the mummy. The only player in the game that is St 5 and has no negatrait, yet starts with Mighty Blow, all he needs to become powerful and godly. Why, even Conan himself would tremble at the idea of a leveled up mummy. And a mummy with block? Get out of town!

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
Not much verbal love for the mummy. The only player in the game that is St 5 and has no negatrait, yet starts with Mighty Blow, all he needs to become powerful and godly. Why, even Conan himself would tremble at the idea of a leveled up mummy. And a mummy with block? Get out of town!

Then Mummy meets Clawpomb.
Very Happy
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Then Mummy meets Clawpomb.
Very Happy

Regen! Regen! I rolled a 5!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:

Yeah, but they simply aren't game changers the way a wardancer or wolf is. A buff rowdy Wight or even a super agile Ghoul on Undead has more potential to be a game changer than a Mummy.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

mummies are meh after they lost general skill access

and now that every kid and his dog has claw...they're usually one of the first to get cas'd

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
Not much verbal love for the mummy. The only player in the game that is St 5 and has no negatrait, yet starts with Mighty Blow, all he needs to become powerful and godly.

Well in the realm of the Big Guys the Mummy, with no nega trait, still pales in comparison IMO to all the other Big Guys,

Offensive Big guys who will shred you big time. Mino and Snow Troll. You can CMBPO with them with all normal skills. Chaos Mino reaches CPOMB at 16+ SPP.

All Around Big guys: Ogre, who is IMO the best of the all around Big Guys, Ogres on Ogre teams are the best. Krox could fall here and so could the BoN. I like the Ogre because he has movement, Krok is even faster. They can catch the ball if you give it a chance. Get some stat upgrades, do not over look +AG and now they can become seriously good ball handlers if you do not mind some risk,

Road Blocks: Troll and Mutant Troll. Best road blockers in the game hands down.

Mummy? Where does he fit in? IMO no where. He is too slow to be a real attacker, he is not a all arounder because of his AG and lack of MV. Road Block? Well, he is slow, real slow. You just run around him and then shield him and force you to blitz with him most of the time.

Not saying a ST7 Mummy with Blodge is not a beast. What Iam saying, he is a slow lumbering beast that is easily avoided and only is a game changer IF he goes off on his blocks and inflicts 2+ CAS in a match. Thus he is only a game changer IF he is feed blocks and goes off on KO and CAS. Other wise he is not changing the approach the other team takes because they fear him.

** Disclaimer **

As the resident Big Guy fantaic who has had arguably the two best Ogres on FUMBBL to ever play. Iam most likely not going to give you a unbiased thought on big guys.

Some coaches actually could name my 3 legend Ogres with out looking at the Blood Sea Buccaneers, they are so legendary coaches know all their names.

Very Happy Surprised Shocked

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Larry, Curly and Moe?
Did I get the names right?

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it looks like the Wardancer is running away with it (pun intended), but nipping at his heels is the ever popular FUMBBL pie.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wardancers are just the best guys hands down.

The best statline in the game + the best combo + the definitive positional skill aka leap. They're just amazing, and with just 1 stat they become ridicolous.

Along with them come Pelf catchers in my list. Same statline but worse skills, yet almost unstoppable on offence. They really suffer a lot from their weak starting skills tho.

Gunners and wolves are both amazing, as a single piece i'd pick a wolf. ST3 is huge over st2, and claw+frenzy makes them stand up.

UW blitzer is probably the best blitzer in the game.

Bulls are a pain to deal with.

Vamps are dicey but uber beings.

Chaos Warrior hasn't been mentioned. The best st4 player in the game, they suffer a bit from clawpomb spam, which really makes their ag3 kind of useless. But these guys are nasty. In the monodimentional clawpomb role he's outshined by his Nurgle cousin, but having 4 ST4 who could dodge, pick up and even catch the ball... well that's just huge.

Not as good as the top guys, but just below stands the human blitzer. Fast, strong and hard-hitting. 4 developed blitzers can hold their own against bashy teams and wreck agility ones. Do NOT underestimate these guys.

Mummies are the best ST5 players, and probably the main reason why undead are so successful early on. They become less and less valuable at higher tvs tho.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Witch Elves might deserve a mention. Gutter runners too. Even a Slann blitzer can become a beast.

9449 all menz!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think witches are better than any elf catcher.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

For big guys. Norse Yheti, (Claw POMB), Chaos Minotaur (Claw POMB), Beast of Nurgle (tentacles is always useful), Kroxigor (Prenhensile Tail), and the Basic Ogre is great if iffy at ball handling. Don't get me wrong I love my Mummy's but even with two block mummy's I don't see a lot of value some games.

Gutter Runners are amazing, but fragile, I'd rather have the Wardancer or the Vampire for a basic building block.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2016 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

No love for the fouling goblin chainsaw?

Bah.

Bunch of pansies.