38 coaches online • Server time: 18:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say orcs and undead are good for new players, but orcs are probably the best.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Falkmund wrote:
I think I messed up here, so I accidentially applied for both Club 145 and 145 Rookie/Open League with my new dark elf team Glory to the Spider Queen, when I only intended to join the Rookie/Open League because I'm guessing that you can't join both with one team.

Speaking of which, how long does it take to be accepted into a league and is it hard to find a game?

You have to join the 145 club before you can join a competition, so that's fine. The leagues have a start and end date, so you have to pay attention to that. Regarding applying for the wrong thing, then Koadah would let you know.

145 League is an open league. You contact people in your division and arrange games. So the 'how hard is it to find a game' question isn't relevant.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Enjoy the DE experience, they are a solid team at lower TVs (and higher, but wait until you get there to worry about it).

You can go a long way with just getting block and dodge on as many of your players as possible, and remembering that the passing game should be left for emergency situations only (and farming the one spp when you can't do anything else at the end of halfs).

Play a backed off 'safe' defense to start, make your opponent try to force the ball through you, don't just run up to them and give them 'free' blocks (though there is a time and a place for that, just don't worry about it at first).

The more dodge you have the easier it is to break contact with your opponent (other than tackle heavy rosters), the more blodge you have the easier it is to chance a break away (when necessary) so long as you have tied up your opponents tacklers.

DE are an excellent cage/screen running team, maybe the best one in the entire game. Plan your offense around that philosophy, keep the ball carrier screened or caged, and try to find a weak point in the defense where you can blitz open a free path to advance several of your players through. Then you rescreen/cage behind their players and try to elf stall from that position. But don't be afraid to score early either, often doing so (especially when out of rerolls) is the more prudent play.

*edit and while assassins and runners look pretty cool, don't use them. Never use assassins at all, runners? I wouldn't recommend them to a player learning the game, but some people use them. I think it's more meta dependent for their value, though I personally think they are useless in any environment.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

if your doing DE anyway, I agree with most licker said.

assassins and runners will give you trouble in the beginning, very few teams have success with them, so I would listen to that advice very carefully.

In the future, you might consider them, I think.... I'm not sure if they are completely useless, but you need to come up with something revolutionary to be able to use them, especially assassins. Runners? maybe max 1, but best not to use them at all. av7 is something you want to avoid as much as you can, having witches is almost two players too much with av7
 Jump to: