46 coaches online • Server time: 16:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2017 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
I'm in 6 different blood bowl related discord channels. If there were a fumbbl one, I'd definitely enjoy that too.

In here https://discord.gg/YgYu3My

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2017 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to have a fumbbl discord! I've grown to love using it for a bunch of different things. If anyone starts one up I'll be there for sure. I find it a lot more convenient than IRC personally.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2017 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Beanchilla wrote:
I would love to have a fumbbl discord! I've grown to love using it for a bunch of different things. If anyone starts one up I'll be there for sure. I find it a lot more convenient than IRC personally.

we have look at link above mate.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2017 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! Just missed it somehow. That's what I get for not reading the entire thread.

Will jump in tonight! Thanks for posting.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2017 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

To get verified FUMBBL status, be sure your nickname is the same as your coachname, and then send me or Christer a PM here with your user ID.

The user id is the thing shown bottom left with a name#1234 format.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2017 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey AD, I think you make a lot of good points in your post on the previous page and it is possible that the community would 'self-police' to a certain extent, to limit 'pressuring' or abuse, etc.

Regarding your comment on the 'fast food service' nature of the gamefinder though - the way I see it, that's really what it is for. People usually go on there for one reason - because they just want to get a game asap. I'm not sure it's the kind of place where people are going to want to hang around very long for a chat anyway. Kind of similar to the Blackbox chat at the moment - if I go onto the Blackbox page, it's usually because I just want to get a Box game, not because I want to chat.

The other issue I see with putting it on the gamefinder is: are we going to start to see teams on there that people are activating just because they want to access the chat, not because they actually want a game? If anything, that might dilute the purpose of the page and actually make it harder to find games.

It seems to me that something FUMBBL is lacking at the moment is a central 'lobby' area, where people can just hang out and chat. The IRC used to provide that before the new gamefinder was introduced. Imo, a replacement would be better placed in a neutral location that isn't tied to a particular division and shouldn't require users to be 'lfg-ing'.

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
If you put the chat on the main games page then you're just keeping the status quo - there's nothing currently stopping people who "just want to chat" hopping on mibbit or into boxchat. If you want to revive chat you need to integrate it into people's primary usage - that's games and the getting of them.

I have to disagree with you here. Right now, the link to Mibbit is in quite an out-of-the-way place, which (unless you have it bookmarked) requires 2-3 links to be clicked through the help pages. In fact, many coaches are probably not even aware that a web-based version of the IRC exists and wouldn't know about it unless someone told them. On the other hand, if the chat was just there on a core page that many people navigate to frequently, like the games page (or even people's coach pages), it would be much more visible and I think people would be inclined to use it more.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Traul

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2017 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

https://xkcd.com/1782/
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2017 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Traul wrote:
https://xkcd.com/1782/

Truth
 Jump to: