53 coaches online • Server time: 23:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Remind me that this means we cannot use any FUMBBL data at all to show if the Vampire team is balanced or not as this is a MAJOR improvement to the team, and to be honest ... I wouldn't play against a coach willing to make sure of this "feature".

Galak
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

but wasn't it said that it will be fixed?
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
but wasn't it said that it will be fixed?

I'll be watching the updates for when/if it gets fixed.

If Ski's life is like mine now ... its so difficult to find time to program. I'm really trying to get an LRB 4.0 version of the PBeM program for BB out and its tough with my family and work schedule right now.

Galak
Eddy

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm totally with BMM and Galak here. if i want to be sure to score, i move a thrall near the EZ. i would never score a TD by artificially 'overriding' OFAB thanks to the client's limitations. and i certainly wouldn't allow my opponent to score if he had no one to bite.
good news is, it's me who's playing vampires, most of the time, so i'm sure the game is as honest as it can be in this regard.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

According to Christer's news item, won't vampires stiff follow the old rules for failing OFAB?

If its the same for blitz/setting up 11 players then surely vamps are unchanged?

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

the rules havent been changed regarding it have they ?

I thing this is different because the rules for this have always been the same its just nobody cared before they became ranked
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I'm aware, the limit on vamps scoring after failing OFAB is a rules review addition...

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Remind me that this means we cannot use any FUMBBL data at all to show if the Vampire team is balanced or not as this is a MAJOR improvement to the team, and to be honest ... I wouldn't play against a coach willing to make sure of this "feature".

Galak

Why not instead embrace this opportunity to see if the javabowl version of rules would make the vampire team balanced compared to the other teams?

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Taffsadar wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:

Galak

Why not instead embrace this opportunity to see if the javabowl version of rules would make the vampire team balanced compared to the other teams?

Because the Vampire team is not supposed to be balanced compared to the other teams. It is by design supposed to be challenging to play, and allowing coaches free TDs when they have failed their Blood Lust roll is just way too much of a benefit to the team. I've seen coaches in my league play this team the correct way and come within one win of being my league's champion. So sorry I have intention of embracing FUMBBL client issues ... the rules are written the way they are based on over 1 1/2 of league playtesting and I'll stand behind the way the team was built.

Galak
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:

Galak

yeah, stuff like this is why many people who aent part of the online community and those who arent from FUMBBL "tar us all with the same brush" as the select few will exploit a bug.

I cant help but feeling that those people who do this, dont really play on tabletop.

I really think it should be made the rules again that the LRB is the primary sourse for rules queries... not the client...
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

and to be honest, vamps are very good if you know some of the secrets (or common sense)

Leave a thrall beside where you want your vamp to be incase you fail OFAB and try to do as much as you can before you start moving vamps Very Happy

There are more but i wont tell ^^
Uber

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Galak doesn't know what he's talking about, don't pay attention to him. He hides behind his playtesters.

I encourage everyone to embrace Fumbbl and score on ofab.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Taffsadar wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:

Galak

Because the Vampire team is not supposed to be balanced compared to the other teams. It is by design supposed to be challenging to play, and allowing coaches free TDs when they have failed their Blood Lust roll is just way too much of a benefit to the team. I've seen coaches in my league play this team the correct way and come within one win of being my league's champion. So sorry I have intention of embracing FUMBBL client issues ... the rules are written the way they are based on over 1 1/2 of league playtesting and I'll stand behind the way the team was built.

Galak

So what your saying is "We want this team to suck so I'm not even going to look at any improvements of the team that might end up making them balanced or overpowered"?

Sure that's your choice but it still doesn't seem like a sensible choice considering that it would take you less than a minute to check the statistics page and look at how much worse/better the Vampire team is compared to the classic teams.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
yeah, stuff like this is why many people who aent part of the online community and those who arent from FUMBBL "tar us all with the same brush" as the select few will exploit a bug.

I cant help but feeling that those people who do this, dont really play on tabletop.

I really think it should be made the rules again that the LRB is the primary sourse for rules queries... not the client...

*sigh*

Look, it isnt a bug. You just said it is and then agreed it isn't, contradicting yourself. It is how the client interprets the rules. We play by the rules FUMBBL set. They say the client takes precedence over the LRB over known issues. This very thing is even written down in the differences text, so it cannot possibly be abusing a bug can it? We play using the tool we have, complaining about scoring on OFAB is no different from complaining about hiring stars after agreeing to play..... its opposite of what the LRB says but it is the rules of the game here.

Can't believe im defending hiring stars. Shocked
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i play according to the LRB, if a vamp can score and fails OFAB ill go looking for a thrall, i wont hire a star while my opponent hosts... all im saying is, this is a LRB compliant, or so we are led to believe, why then can a vamp score if he fails OFAB and doesnt bite a thrall. In the LRB, the vamp drops the ball and is placed in the reserves and does not score a touchdown. I am more frustrated by the etiquette of the thing more than anything else... Sad

if someone did that to me id never play them again, as would most coaches...
 Jump to: