46 coaches online • Server time: 15:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zebaoth

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, you might be right, I suspect the same. Or mayby we will just be playing with some of them.... a half halfling team so to speak Smile
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Munchkins!! All of you!!
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Official anouncement: humdee um dumbdee Smile

Does that mean that those of us that made unranked teams from the start should recreate our teams?

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Quote:
Official anouncement: humdee um dumbdee Smile

Does that mean that those of us that made unranked teams from the start should recreate our teams?

well I don't speak Humdee Dumbdee, but I think the point was that there's no need to panic Smile
Zebaoth

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just want to say, cool idea for first round!!! Smile
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to say that I find it retarded to not give a clear answer on what the rules are until the tournament starts. I haven't decided yet if I want to condone this kind of behaviour by participating. Peikko could easily level the playing field by reallowing and then disallowing general skills on unranked halfling trees but from his PM I guess that won't happen.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
I just want to say that I find it retarded to not give a clear answer on what the rules are until the tournament starts. I haven't decided yet if I want to condone this kind of behaviour by participating. Peikko could easily level the playing field by reallowing and then disallowing general skills on unranked halfling trees but from his PM I guess that won't happen.

Rules were clear. Its fluffy and serves the whole purpose.

To you I need to say: youre fired.
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Tinky, don't take it so darn seriously.
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:

LOL

Peikko is on a roll today.
Zebaoth

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ready for round 2! Smile
just got my but kicked, but it was a fun game.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=648431
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi wrote:
peikko wrote:

LOL

Peikko is on a roll today.

He sure is Very Happy
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, now I understand... or maybe not....

Quote:
Its fluffy and serves the whole purpose.

The fluff of this tournament is four lines on the tournament page stating:

Quote:
Everybody wants to be a stunty star. Now is Your change to become as one!
This will be more than tournament, this will be about survival
and wits and will include tasks beyond normal playing!
Tournament will include four different stages that will be revealed as they begin.

I can't see how this "fluff" complies with rules-straining.

I guess the purpose of this tournament is to make people have fun and to allow some lucky fumbbl'er to create a starplayer for the Stunty Leeg.

I can't see how this purpose complies with rules-straining.

If it really is fluffy and serves the purpose of the tournament to strain the rules, then I think I'll submit my halflings for another tourney too, where I can get to play my first match against a battered halfling team who can field only 3 players. Then one of my halflings can get a lot of spp's and I can get a high score in round 1... Nothing in this setup is against the rules for round nr. 1 stated on the tourney page:

Quote:
"Play a game vs another team in tournament.
You will get score following:
spp of your highest spp halfling - spp of opponents highest spp halfling after game
MVP does NOT count on spp"

But would it be fluffy? No
Would it serve the purpose of the tourney? No
It would be a ridiculous attemt at stupid straining of the rules and would surely get me kicked from the tourney.

Now Peikko has proved to me, that some of the rumours about his behaviour are true, and instead of getting kicked like Tinkywinky I think I'll just leave in peace.

It could have been fun...
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The whole idea of the tournament is to have fun, it's not an ultra competitive tourney, like most people think. It's about fun, whacky stupid playes that might pay off or end up in dead flings. So let's just have a fun tourney and not start arguing if it was fair or not. It's a stunty tournament for crying out loud. And what's even more important, it's Peikko's tournament so he can run it anyway he pleases, if you want a tournament to be run exactly the way you would like to, create your own tournaments.

Stop taking it seriously and enjoy the game.

And besides, I for one am in this tourney just for the fun of it, I doubt I'd get another star player named after me, even if I won.
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. The idea is to have fun, but for me the most basic condition for having fun in a game is, that the participants in the fun play by the same rules. In this tournament they don't.
Peikko can run it exactly the way he wants to, and that's why I have left. I have no intention of challenging his status as autocratic ruler of this tournament.
I hope you'll enjoy the rounds and that the new starplayer will be crazy, fluffy and funny.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh come on, as if any of our half-minded halflings would survive the tournament anyway, even if the Tents don't have G access on regular rolls... Very Happy

The life-span of a Snobbit can be counted with the fingers of one hand but the fun factor of this tourney will be x to the power of y, where y is the amount of severed limbs during the matches.

In other words: Stop whining and relax. Smile
 Jump to: