64 coaches online • Server time: 20:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
broggi

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, am I the only one around here who only looks at TR/TS when choosing games?
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a 200 range dark elf team...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=129762

started w 5FF, and after 35 matches its barely 6. i think my fans despise me and watch the team being ripped to pieces...

for teams like elves i can understand hesitancy as a lineman costs 70k... if ur opponent's linemen cost 50k, its a lot easier... i play anyone, just finding me online is difficult!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

broggi wrote:
Alright, am I the only one around here who only looks at TR/TS when choosing games?

no me too (well skills too)

don't care about FF.

My opponent FF is low=>no big winning=>TR/STR doesn't go up too quick=> search for according TR/STR

My opponent FF is high=>big winning=>buy a player/a reroll=>TR/STR does go up => search for according TR/STR

In the end no difference (if my team don't need a recovery

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people from real life leagues start up with ff 3 simply because over a season of 10 games, the team isnt going to progress to the point where its in problem (unless its a very long term open league). That however doesnt stand up on fumbbl and you need a high fan factor if your going to play 20+ games with a team.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I said 'not many' 200-TR-teams have a low FF. 'Not many' is not, I repeat, is not 'none'.
But still two persons had to show their low-FF-200-TR-team.

If you had a higher FF, perhaps you could have replaced some of those nigglers... Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

FF low......... i won't play you. Means you either started your team shitty or are a bad coach.

Also, someone mentioned leechers.... very true. I have a skaven team that is tr 175 with a FF of 19. That means a large portion of my tr is tied up in something that does not help me win games. So some equal tr team with a ff of 4 gets a huge advantage against me and gets money from playing me.

Peace,
__Synn
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I take FF into account when looking at an opposing roster. Purplechest and Mully covered my reasons. It is a balance of winning the immediate game vs long term team survival. When you play long enough you realize that players will die, get injured, or age quite often. So playing a game where you will lose 10k guaranteed doesn't seem like a wise option for me to take.

Diarmuid
"Stunties are nuffles playmates."
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
FF low......... i won't play you. Means you either started your team shitty or are a bad coach.

Also, someone mentioned leechers.... very true. I have a skaven team that is tr 175 with a FF of 19. That means a large portion of my tr is tied up in something that does not help me win games. So some equal tr team with a ff of 4 gets a huge advantage against me and gets money from playing me.

Peace,
__Synn

/me wants to play vs Synn's rats with his 10 guy, ff 19 woodies!

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I can beat those rats with my 10 man, 153TR Darkies, also FF19 (before their last match, they had 9 players and FF20, and were TR 141 -- they gained 100k in winnings, but went down a FF). Wink

Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, bad stuff.

Funny how it seems that once a team gets in a tough position they continue to get in worse trouble, through failing ageing rolls and bad CAS distribution.

Since my woodies recieved a nice rebuilding task from Dread's Orcs Wink they have failed about half their ageing rolls, which combined with the CAS against me means I lose more than 1 player on average every game.

For instance: Last game I made 90k! YAAAAAAAAY. Only to have my Wardancer age -ST after the game, so -40k on the game in the end.

The misery never stops. Mad

Oh and to get back on topic: My woodies will now NOT play vs those nice FF6 teams................. obviously.....................

Post 10 Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Look at this team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=17667

They started with FF 8, after 26 games in which they won 20, in 22 they scored 2+ TD and in 20 they made 2+ cass and they FF are 3 now.
P.S. That was in old "roll 1 to decreasse" rules.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

High FF can pay off with some kick off events (Get the ref, cheering fans, throw a rock and pitch invasion), but frontloaded team may profit more from blitz and perfect defense.
I entered the RRR with a 'normal' rookie ranked team. I tried my best, but they were easyly eliminated 1-2 by a frontloaded FF1 team.

Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mephist wrote:
Look at this team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=17667

They started with FF 8, after 26 games in which they won 20, in 22 they scored 2+ TD and in 20 they made 2+ cass and they FF are 3 now.
P.S. That was in old "roll 1 to decreasse" rules.

LOL

You win man..........

How many pc's did you throw out the window during their career?

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree completely

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Agrak, are you spamming?