42 coaches online • Server time: 09:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Meat Grinder Season ...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Making Assassins mor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
CD + Dwarves get tackle for free basicly (as CD blockers/longbeards get a 10k 'rebate' to their cost). Most people agree that starting with block + tackle is overpowered. It doesnt help much against fast blodge elves at ma4, it is only there to hurt teams that have/take blodge to keep their players alive.

Orcs break the rules for positionals... 15 players without having a single lineman? No team should get so many.

The problem is Elves. The way they break down, they win most games, and only lose over the long term by attrition. So either Elf coaches must accept that enforced attrition (or the possibilty of) is necessary, or Elves must be nerfed. You do make a good point about orcs, though. I'm not sure I agree (orc positionals are less powerful than most others), but it's food for thought.

Having said that CL's suggestion is dumb. Ranked is an open league. Period. If you don't want to play in an open format, play in a different division.
origami

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I looked at the statistics page for races and number of games played. Most races seem to average 14-18 games per team. This includes those teams that were retired almost immiediately, but I still doubt that all that many teams make it to 35+ games.

I think that my personal solution here is to make my own ladder team...
 Jump to: