35 coaches online • Server time: 09:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Guvnor

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I just entered my Nurgle team, Tempting Fate. Twisted Evil
I removed the Vamps from the next tournament Evil or Very Mad
As to the 1 month or 2 month schedule, delay the start a month if there are too few players, to allow more time for other people to join. If there are plenty of teams entered then go ahead and start the cup.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Are teams allowed to play games outside one of the tourneys?
For example tho reach next TR-range (who would do this?) or to play a recovery match?

My True Cultists suffered 2 mng in the last play offs game. Now, do I have to enter the next tourney like this, or can I play a recovery?

Since it is a running series of tourney one could argue that teams shall enter the next just like they left the one before. But on the other side, who wants to controll this? So, what do you think?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO play outside if you want to. Just one thing that is logically forbidden: The tournament you are playing in has playoffs, don't play outside games in between! Controlable (just take a look at the matches played) but I don't control.

Everything else is up to the coach.

It can even be explained fluffwise. NL tournaments are the greatest ones of the whole Old World and the other continents. But there are lot's of minor tourneys and non-top teams around. That's were the new team comes from (note that when I post some background, they way the Non-Playing Characters speaks of the teams depends not on the TR but number of overall points in the group. So True Cultist of Tempus for exemple is the famouest and most dreadfull chaos team ever for exemple.)

You can even leave you team in the group and play a tournament outside if you really want to. I ve seen coaches that swapped teams in previous seasons. With the new system, you could for exemple make your team, play 2 tourneys from NL, try to win Uber's KO TR 200 tournament then go back in NL (I assume Smess does it with his Ered Luin Hammerheads)

That's the way I feel about it currently. Does anyone thinks I may be wrong? If I am, why?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If people want to enter as erm, how to name that... Assistant Storyteller? pm me! Wink

If some wants to create great pictures for tournament (just like Ebenezer did for the Altdorf Classical KO cup) I will feel happy to show your talent.

Last question: What tournament should follow after Orken Nomadic Brawl?

I just tought about making a special story centered about Dwarves, CD and some crazy gobs (if some gobelin coach is just crazy enough to challenge dwarves and CD), running Ulthuan Tournament (only open to elves) and an Undead cup (open to undeads).

Some coach might then have no tourney to play in. But they might still be in Orken Nomadic brawl or even Kournos Crown.

After that (december then) start the Lustria Antique Tournament followed in January by chaos leagues and the Altdorf classical KO cup, part II (the skavenian putsh). Then the "apothéose": Good vs Evil wich will close First Chapter of the story.

Giving opinions about the order would be great. It could fasten the story if there where let's say a Classical KO Cup TR 176+ running while a Orken Brawl runs at 151-175 and a minor chaos league at TR 150 and less but I don't see how I could keep it fair for coaches.

Currently I can see a progression between bash oriented tournaments and ball playing ones but at various TR it will be damn harder.
Guvnor

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

How about teams can play other teams to train, earn more money and kill people etc. BUT they can only play teams from the NL group.
This way old grudges can be re-visited, and you can replay favourite coaches.
At least this way you could play your teams more than once every few weeks without getting too much extra TR above other teams in your Cup competition. And, because it is kept within the NL group it can help create more fluff and stories. SO, you can have a chance to revenge that death handed out to you by your opponents Mino in an off-season 'friendly', and these matches add to the competitons story!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

So you propose to disallow to play outside the group? Am I right?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Woha, the Altdorf KO is running and my Ruhrpott Ratten suffer heavily in the fight for the Golden Ghal Maraz.

In the first game we encountered a Khemri team. Surprisingly we dealt more cas then we recieved, but rats do not regenerate, so our outcome was one AV drop and one niggling injury, both on linerats. From this game we got no winnings at all, so the injuries count even harder. With a 2:1 victory we advanced into the 2nd round.

Just to meet some Rotters and a horrible Beastman with the claw + razor sharp claw combo. We recieved 2 handicaps and suffered even more casualties. Our Rat Oger (Block + tentacles + niggling) was slain in the first half. In the second half a Storm Vermin (MB, Claw, Guard, niggling) was killed and my AG4 linerat was injured to a niggling injury.
Incredible bad cas caused: 1/2/2. The seriouse beeing a niggling and a ST drop. I caused 1/2/0 and the 2 were only mng... Much more kind.

During the game the rotters were controlling. No wonder with my best players out and only 9 left. But, with luck running wild, we could successfully complete a long pass in the sun (Sergei, I doubt I was in FA tackle zone) from runner to runner, and run it home to a 3:2 victory.
This replay is worth to watch I guess.

Sergei lost the game because he didn´t stall before scoring to the 2:1 lead. But with his team that much stronger I wouldn´t have delayed either in his position. But maybe that is better vs Skaven...
In my opinion you should have secured the ball in your backfield to wait for overtime in turn 15 and 16 instead of trying a half-heartedly attempt to score. But my victory was really lucky.

Our TR dropped from 182 to 156 in that game, having lost two very good players...

Now we will enter the finals only able to field 9 players.
Our opponents are Dark Elves at TR 214. They only have 10 players to field, which is good, but the difference in TR indicates that the players are far better developed. We can only hope on the handicap rolls and the lightning speed of our runners...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow this last game will be worth to watch. Hey if you arrange a date post it here, I am interested to take a look on it. G-Force, could you post your story-arc? It will make it very interesting!
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ll be on vacation the next 2 weeks, so it´ll not be played before the last weekend in July. Maybe then, probably in August.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

i will try to get my thing posted tonight. you want it here or in the altdorf news thingy?

Arcon, my online time for playing is usually 9pm server time to about midnight, most days except wednesday. let me know if this is any good for you be it b4 you go away or on your return. - i kno wthis should have been PM but i'm just too lazy to change screen.

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

In the NL News thread. Your idea is damn interesting and I will add some fluff value on it.

ps: such idea are valuable to NL! Overall points are the reputation. I just start to think that such background plus should be rewarded!
Ebenezer

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The final of the 0-125 tournment was played this evening, Camera Cafè vs
Koosnaampjes 0-1, grats to Jinxed, new champion.
After a good start vs the Palarion Dragonlors (2-1 win), the Camera Cafè managed to win the second round vs Paagies (another 2-1) in overtime and they went to the final with a great self confidence, but soon they realize that the opponent was a great team, well balanced and with a terrific ag4 werewolf.
A good start in the world of tournements for them anyway... see you in the next events, dears opponents Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

that's a great fluff addition Ebenezer, great. But Jinxed, can you add something to explain why your necromantics are good? I mean how did it come for a bunch of zombis werewolves and ghoul to be good?
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Momma, her real name faded in the mists of time, watched her children play the game her late husband loved so dearly. They shambled clumsily with the ball for the most part but a precious few had kept their former 'live' speed and agility. 'Lachedoosje' had even become more agile over time.

Momma hugged her youngest. The last true alive of her children. It was time, the child was old enough now. She strangled it while watching it with so much love in her heart that she felt it might burst. When the heart stopped beating Momma performed the by now very familiar ritual.

Proud she watched the latest of her children joining the eternally living 'Koosnaampjes' team.
She'd NEVER allow any of her children to die from disease or hunger again. NEVER again.

See? Not 'evil' necro's. Good, loving, tender, sweet ones. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The 2nd Chaos Dwarf was deadly (really!) for the Tarocchi team, they lost the semi final vs CD Destructors, after a brilliant first turn vs Tuol Slang, another cd team.
Tarocchi would thank the citizens of the Empire for the great support in this tournement Smile
Good luck for the final.
 Jump to: