15 coaches online • Server time: 04:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post need some practicegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ruoste

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
Direct connect will never work in a few cases:

1) You are on a network. It just refuses. Even when you're the computer that supplies all the other computers with their internet connection.
2) Your firewall is blocking the required ports, or is not allowing fully comfortable allowing Java server access to the web.

1) If you are in a network in which there are many users using same IP, ask the net admin to forward a port to your computer.
(For example, my internal ip could be 192.168.0.1 and outer ip is 62.44.209.XXX When i host direct ip JBB opens the socket in 192.268.0.XXX, but because of the port i've chosen to be routed to my computer, you fumbblers can connect to the 62.44.209.XXX)

2) there is only one port required for the BB and it is not pre-decided, if you can get any port for you open it is possible to host through it.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

ruoste wrote:
2) there is only one port required for the BB and it is not pre-decided, if you can get any port for you open it is possible to host through it.

For some people the problem might be how to make their boss or the net assistant to open them a port in order to host JavaBB games. Wink

Casper

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
Are you playing on a wireless network? I've had nothing but grief on wireless, so much so that I won't play anymore unless I'm 'plugged into the wall.'

Now it's time to see if I can look into this 'port forwarding' for my home PC at least...

Any luck? Just forward to the port you want to play on, and the spec port so people can still spectate your games (spec port is host port +5 if you haven't changed it).

I also have a wireless network and don't have any problems.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

And now! Direct is working perfectly - had to do some things differently than suggested as my soft-/ and hardware are probably slightly different. But thanks to all and cheers to an almost bugfree future here on FUMBBL!
 Jump to: