35 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Beater

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump again. Christer, please update the table.
Barash

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

/bump, toooot tooooot!

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

why would a person with strength stills take side step on a doubles roll??? (ref: amazon blitzers)

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I can only think because Sidestep makes a player a defensive Bear and an offensive threat even during the other player's turn. I've used my Elf blitzers to work their way into my opponent's backfield during THEIR turn. Amazon Blitzers are Blodgers anyway (Block/Dodge) and they're hard to knock down. Pushbacks make up 1/2 of the possible results when blocking a Blodger...sidestep lets you pick where they go.

Amazon blitzers can't access Agility by default. I can see a lot of sense taking an AG skill with an Amazon Blitzer. I would take Sidestep over the strength trait Stand Firm any day.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm is much better than sidestep for a variety of reason. It performs a similiar function to sidestep when you get hit, your oponent doesn't get to decide where you go, and on top of that it prevents a failed dodge from causing a turn over. As anyone who has played with zons can tell you turnovers from dodging are a real pain. On top of that it lets you blitzer atempt crazy things like jumping into a cage without risk of a turnover. The ability to dodge around like crazy without fear with a zon blitzer is so incredible not to mention that you already have two catchers who can get sidestep on a normal skill.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually like sidestep more than stand firm in regards to blocks but Stand Firm's extra added bonus of safe dodges makes up for it. All in all, the two are actually pretty close in my book. I think it just comes down to personal preference.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I admit I haven't played with Amazons at all. I like sidestep though, I really like sidestep.

Good point with the failed-dodge benefit. Stand Firm is better in terms of failed dodge, but Sidestep is better in terms of pure annoyance and utility factor. Any time you can make a choice in place of your opponent is a plus, and packing blodgers on the front line, then watching them weave through it due to pushbacks is just plain fun Very Happy
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

not to mention the added usefulness of sidestep when combined with guard..
one of the most irratating skill combo's out there

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

not to mention the added usefulness of sidestep when combined with guard..
one of the most irratating skill combo's out there

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance of some friendly admin updating the tables, some of the races are based on very few skill picks as i assume this data was compiled shortly after the experimental teams were put in.

Pretty Please.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, that was me, my computer remembers the username and password and my friend was on here just before I got home from work so it logged on as him. Didn't want you thinking people that hadn't been here that long were asking it of you. (not that I've been here all that long, but enough rambling)

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No actually It was compiled well before the Experimental teams made it to open (around 5 months)

And i can guarantee that Experimental (well at least necros anyway) teams where in DivX at least 2 months before the Skills sheet went up (its just back then most people didnt have many divX teams)
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Which is what I said, it was compiled shortly after the experimental teams were put in, I made no mention of open because I meant added to the site in the first place and assumed they'd of been in div-x.

Anyhow thats not the point, the point is an updated table would be nice.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

5 players can still push a sidestepper into the crowd, but this is impossible for a stand firmer!

Oscar Wilde
Severian

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, wrong. If you surround the stand firmer then pushback someone ELSE into the stand firmer you can pop them into the crowd. Smile
 Jump to: