41 coaches online • Server time: 00:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Faibios

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2006 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

hey fool would be great to catch you when in Melbourne, my b-day on the 20th so 19th might bee cool will need to check with manegment. Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2006 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Fool

Come catch me up when your in Wellington, I'm always up for beer and can show you the sights, oooh! its Peter Jacksons house (*everyone snickers), will send you a PM of my details.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2006 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Check out some traditional Maori Hangi and culture. Unfortunatelly for you, you miss out on the great South Island but I won't be there to show you around anyway and time is short. Make the best out of it and enjoy ur time in NZ.
The North Island has some nice spots as well. i hope you find them Wink

Cheers,

PLATYPUS
gumbi

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

When is the AFL being organised, please count me in
Faibios

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I right for the 19th lets get somthing on.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a place we can have bbq, beer and bb in melb let me know with pm your interest.

Confirmed venue at my taekwondo club in Narre Warren, again let me know your interest then we can work out fine details, like how much food.(and beer)

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Spouses welcome?

My wife, who really doesn't like crowds or people, is expressing an interest in comming. That would mean kids too of course. Smile
Fool

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good to me Annachie... I'll be bringing my wife and daughter. : ) I'll also be bringing with me HE minis and a travelers edition of Settler of Catan, which my wife loves to play. I'm sure she'd be willing to teach it to other wives/girlfriends/etc.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Apart from the "GayFL club meet", is there anything similar happening in Sydney?
Patrician

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Fool, Faibios,

Would love to catchup but don't know if I'm free, family around and everything. But will let you know.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The AFL game doesn't start until 7:30pm, so what about having a board game or two earlier in the day? I could host at my "studio" at Kent & Napoleon, unless someone has a better place to play.

I'l be leaving for the airport in about 2 hours, but I'll be checking my email as I travel. Right now, the plans are for two SWL Events, more details to follow as information becomes available.

1) Melbourne, August 19th - Faibios Taekwondo Studio - address and directions will be posted by Faibios soon. Basically a Beer/BBQ/board games affair. Bring wifes, kids, games, and have fun. Also please bring meat for the grill or beer for my belly.

2) Sydney, August 26th - Boardgames and laughs in Late morning/afternoon. Location will be my hotel "studio" unless someone else has better location. Later on, at 7:30pm at Telstra Stadium go see Swans vs Lions. Oz will heve details soon about if he's able to get us a deal on tickets.
Fool

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The AFL game doesn't start until 7:30pm, so what about having a board game or two earlier in the day? I could host at my "studio" at Kent & Napoleon, unless someone has a better place to play.

I'l be leaving for the airport in about 2 hours, but I'll be checking my email as I travel. Right now, the plans are for two SWL Events, more details to follow as information becomes available.

1) Melbourne, August 19th - Faibios Taekwondo Studio - address and directions will be posted by Faibios soon. Basically a Beer/BBQ/board games affair. Bring wifes, kids, games, and have fun. Also please bring meat for the grill or beer for my belly.

2) Sydney, August 26th - Boardgames and laughs in Late morning/afternoon. Location will be my hotel "studio" unless someone else has better location. Later on, at 7:30pm at Telstra Stadium go see Swans vs Lions. Oz will heve details soon about if he's able to get us a deal on tickets.
bench

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

give canberra a miss - there's nothing there to see really - just our stupid government in the middle of a paddock

concur with everyone who's saying don't drive - book some internet flights and do it NOW because they get more expensive the longer you wait

plus the cars are right hand drive and on the wrong side of the road for you

as to where to go - that depends on what you want to see and what kinf a holiday you want - Queensland - particularly as far north as cairns is beautiful and tropical - get a boat to fraser island and go snorkelling on the barrier reef

sydney is interesting enough for a few days and Melbourne is a beautiful city but not full of tourist attractions

the problem with travel in australia is that the best attractions are natural ones and they're all a long way away from each other

darwin is worth the trip, with kakadu national park, but is out of the way and a bit of a hike to get there

good luck anyhow

b
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok...I am still awaiting official response from the Swans management about tickets. At the worst e can of course just buy them and go regardless.

The game actually starts at 7:10pm...and we would be advised to be on the train by 5:30pm or so to get ot there, partake of the excellent food stalls outside the stadium, and get Fool properly scarfed up!

If we wish to make a day of it I can offr the Adventure Palace here in Earlwood. From here it is a a short walk (or shorter "shuttle") to the train station to begin our journey to the Telstra Stadium.

I for one am hugely keen to learn Settlers...and also hava a few games myself we could play. I also have a 4 year old boy to keep fools youngin busy Wink

I have asked or 10 tickets to the game. Not sure how many I wil get (if any). So while we talked monthes ago...now would be a good time to put your hand up. I will use the next post to track your interest in A) coming over for games and lunch on that Saturday. B) Joining us at the game.

Let me know in here of via PM

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

People who wantto come to the Games day for Fool at the Adventure Palace

1. ozjesting
2. Fool
3. Mrs Fool
4. Baby Fool
6. eganra (needs a reminder close to day) Wink
7. smegish
8. Gumbi

People who want to come to Swans Vs Lions at Telstra Stadium

1. danielcollins
2. Fool
3. Mrs Fool (baby fool...but sitter will be here if you wish to use her too)
4. Oz
5. Mrs. Oz
7. Gumbi
8. smegish
9. rabid
10. OldBugman

Waiting list (in case of drop-outs)

1. Satans Mechanic + 2
2. above
3. above

Last edited by ozjesting on %b %24, %2006 - %15:%Aug; edited 11 times in total
 Jump to: