73 coaches online • Server time: 22:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is more evil... a Foul or a Crowd Push?
Foul (Curse you, fouling little gits!)
44%
 44%  [ 69 ]
Crowd Push (Frenzying freaks!)
9%
 9%  [ 14 ]
Both are equal sick. (Can't we just hug?)
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Pie (mmm... Pie...)
40%
 40%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 154

shagga

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problems with either, fouling is annoying if its an entire half worth when your opponents fans gets the ref but not evil (bad sportsmanship perhaps but hey thats the game).
Wizard

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the "Both are hilariously funny and satsifying" poll option?

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

banjohunter wrote:
Turn 16 foul? Turn 16 Crowd Push?

Both legal under the rules of the game. It makes just as much sense for my dwarf & ogre teams to complain about turn 16 TDs. ...

What a stupid comment

Turn 16 TD gives you
A) SPP
B) + for FF if it is first or second TD
C) Maybe better winning role if game was draw or loss

Turn 16 CP gives your oppo maybe a mangled player you get nothing

Turn 16 Foul might get you a better FF if you havent cased twice

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

tautology wrote:
Neither fouling nor crowd pushing has moral force worth mentioning.

Taking delight in inflicting harm on a fellow coach's team after the game has been decided?

That's a decision each coach must make for themselves.

and believe me i wrestled with that moral decision for a long time Very Happy

fouling is great and crowdpushing is great... if thats the kind of game you want to play. some people love bloody games and some people prefer more tactical scoring based games. i personaly love violent games where both sides destroy each other and it is still my aim to play a 32 foul game. the only thing id consider "evil" (a slightly overdramatic use of the word perhaps Wink ) is building a killer team and always hunting weaker opponents to make your team look tougher.....

... though im sure theres no coaches out there like that Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest to create a "Which is more evil... a successful diving tackle or a timely interception?" poll...
banjohunter

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Telcontar wrote:

What a stupid comment

Cos of course, all the different teams are equally good at hitting, fouling, crowdpushing, scoring, intercepting... All the different teams must obiviously earn SPPs at about the same rate... and for the same things...

If you're being wet about having your players hit in the last turn, why can't I be wet about you scoring in the last turn? Both are just as legal under the rules, and both could be seen as being equally vindictive when you're on the receiving end.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm

even i find it hard to claim that someone scoring on last turn when it wont affect the game is the same as a foul or crowd surf. the only thing my opponent scoring again does is affects my td ratio... not a big deal.
i love killing things on t16 but at least i admit im evil Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Csonti wrote:
I suggest to create a "Which is more evil... a successful diving tackle or a timely interception?" poll...

It depends on the player
Successful Diving Tackle by a BOB is quite bad, but interception with the Mino is truly wicked.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus once intercepted twice with the same tree in a game vrs me.... in fact i think that was the day i gave up ever trying to score

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I throw in a foul or a crowdpush when possible as long as the match isnĀ“t decided.
Tallmaris

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

In the crowdsurf example is probably the whole point, I think... to crowdpush in that manner you have to roll arrows all along and choose them for your purpose, you have to think about it, you will probably reroll (eviiiiil!) if no arrows show up.

So along with the difference noted by Jan (wise words) I can add this: Crowdsurfing requires some skill and thinking... Fouling doesn't...

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely a crowd push. There's no question about it!

It pierces armor for certain, there is no chance for the pusher to get elected from the game and the crowd pushed player can not play before the next drive.

Needless to say, a foul might not pierce armor, fouler can get spotted by the referee and most likely the fouled player will stay on the pitch even in the current drive (stun or not through armor).

Add to this the fact that fouls are limited to one per turn but crowd pushes are not!

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %10, %2006 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

fouling requires lots of skill thankyou... you think its easy to keep clicking that button over an over? i had to practice for years. i went to night school an everything

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

banjohunter wrote:
Telcontar wrote:

What a stupid comment

Cos of course, all the different teams are equally good at hitting, fouling, crowdpushing, scoring, intercepting... All the different teams must obiviously earn SPPs at about the same rate... and for the same things...

If you're being wet about having your players hit in the last turn, why can't I be wet about you scoring in the last turn? Both are just as legal under the rules, and both could be seen as being equally vindictive when you're on the receiving end.

Pure Bullshit you are writing better play more games and get to know the rules of the game.

Im not saying you play against the rules if you foul or Cp but its evil do things where you cant benefit (no spp, no nothing) cose the games over afterwards but just harm your oppo who played you out.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

banjohunter wrote:
Anyone who wants to whine about fouling / crowd pushing should probably play golf 'cos the body count tends to be lower.

hey banjo, it's a game, they're not real.