27 coaches online • Server time: 09:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elfball... where are...goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2006 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

This is pac, reporting a 1-1 draw between the Scaly Slaves [5] and sk8bcn's Naggarond's Venom [4]. Both teams remain in the same rank.

My scalies are now open for challenges from rank 6.

Edit: Wait. With a free spot in rank 4, is a draw enough for me to get promoted? Or did someone else get there first?

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2006 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This is PeteW reporting that the mighty Revenge of the Elves! successfully beat off Mully's upstart chaos goats, 49 Entries for death to remain King of the Hill!

Muahahahaha! Only 5 more games to go! Who will challenge us next?!

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2006 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Pac got promoted to rank 4 and PeteW is now only five game away from beating us all.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2006 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Muahahahaha...cough...cough...curses.....
/me splutters off to find some water.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2006 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:
Pac got promoted to rank 4 ...

Yay!

Quote:
PeteW is now only five game away from beating us all.

Boo!
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2006 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Twas a dismal sight to see. The Burning Hammers failed to do anything much with the ball, and have lost to Warmduscher's Horde of Vaguely Humanoid Evil with a dismal score of 1-3. The Burning Hammers stay in Rank 8, and the Horde retain their place in rank 7 on the pyramid.

ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2006 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:
Pac got promoted to rank 4 and PeteW is now only five game away from beating us all.

Le gasp!

Question: being in rank 3 the only way I can rise up and stop the undead domination is to get to rank two, but I played both rank 2 teams within 5 matches. So unless I get challenged by more rank 4 cowards, the undead will still rule the roost. Perhaps it should be changed to 3 matches for the upper ranks? Otherwise I'm stuck waiting for one of 3 rank 4 teams (already faced 1 rank 4 team) to try to suplant me or for the rank 2 teams to play a few more matches before I can attempt to move up again.

I vow to reclaim my title from the damned undead before this tournament is over! But first I need the chance to do it!

Don't drop the soap.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2006 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Another draw for the Burning Hammers, and barely a draw at that! The second half saw just 7 dwarves make the field - I guess they weren't keen on going out into the blizzard when there was a nice warm fire in the infirmary. There was not a single dwarf on the field with any training with the ball (long-beards and slayers only), and when the Anubis scored in turn 6, we were certain that all was lost. Fortunately, Kafir Ironfoot returned to the field for a final drive, but it was the flawless pass by Kali Brightaxe that left both teams stunned in amazement, and Kafir was able to run to the end zone for a final turn equaliser!

Well, the match itself was highly entertaining, but we're still yet to break out of this bottom level on the pyramid. 3 matches and not a single win. I'm starting to think that the only way out will be if enough teams are found to add a new bottom rank to the pyramid Razz

<hr>
Texan's Pyramid Climbers retain their position in rank 7, and the Burning Hammers are still right at the bottom in rank 8. (link to match)

pac

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2006 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
So unless I get challenged by more rank 4 cowards, the undead will still rule the roost.

I mean to challenge you as soon as the 48 hour post-challenge window is up, ex-con.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2006 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
ex-convict wrote:
So unless I get challenged by more rank 4 cowards, the undead will still rule the roost.

I mean to challenge you as soon as the 48 hour post-challenge window is up, ex-con.

Good, I was hoping that "coward" comment would draw your challenge.

Sadly my computer was suddenly hauled off into the shops for repair and will be back monday or tuesday, so I will be unable to play until then.

See you on the pitch.

WAAAAAGH Marauders.

Don't drop the soap.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I challenge from the top down? I'd really like to challenge Arcon's Elves to a game. Mmmmm..... elves..... Can I do this?

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Can I challenge from the top down? I'd really like to challenge Arcon's Elves to a game. Mmmmm..... elves..... Can I do this?

IMO no. That wouldn't make sense

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
PeteW wrote:

Yeah, I know. I wasn't being terribly serious... maybe trying to hint to Arcon to challenge me. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I, Kyyberi with the Soberless Slaves report that I tied the game against Warmduscher and his Horde of Vaguely Humanoid Evil: Match Report
Ranks stay as they were, so Kyyberi is still 6 and Warmduscher is still 7.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
PeteW wrote:

Yeah, I know. I wasn't being terribly serious... maybe trying to hint to Arcon to challenge me. Wink

I will, I will.
But not today!
I wish there was some new teams in rank 3 that would challange me first...
 Jump to: